Phaneuf hit on Kassian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Phaneuf hit on Kassian

I absolutely hate Phaneuf, but this hit was so weak it was ridiculous. Kassian has no problem dishing these out but as soon as one happens to him he takes 25 minutes to get up. $2500 fine, and move on.

P.S. I said that I would throw up if Weber got suspended for that hit earlier in the season. Same for this one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Phaneuf hit on Kassian

OK, I basically agree with you, BUT
    1) it was a cross check to the back
    2) his numbers were very clearly toward him
    3) obviously boarding
    4) importantly - it was a STUPID hit
    5) importantly it was an idiotic hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSI4pWn1H1M

I don't know, but when you're on the pk, is it really worth it to go out of your way to try to bury a guy behind the net who doesn't have the puck?

I don't care if he does get suspended, bad things happen to morons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree on 4 things already said, i hate Phaneuf, he is a moron, it was obviously boarding and it was stupid. But then again Phaneuf isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Phaneuf hit on Kassian:
    I absolutely hate Phaneuf, but this hit was so weak it was ridiculous. Kassian has no problem dishing these out but as soon as one happens to him he takes 25 minutes to get up. $2500 fine, and move on. P.S. I said that I would throw up if Weber got suspended for that hit earlier in the season. Same for this one. 
    Posted by dalexander2424

Face planting a guy from behind into the glass giving him a bloody mouth is weak ? Hitting from behind should never be considered weak. Dirty hit !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Imagining I'm a Leafs fan for a minute, I'm thinking what a horrible captain he is.

Much rather read about him smacking Kessel around in practice rather than taking a stupid penalty.

Chara did that during the playoffs one year - why exactly?  I don't know for sure of course, but I'll bet anything it was a message being sent rather than simply tempers getting out of control at practice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It was a foul and an ejection, but it's not like Phaneuf ran him. I doubt Kassian felt much at all. No suspension.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Phaneuf hit on Kassian:
    It was a foul and an ejection, but it's not like Phaneuf ran him. I doubt Kassian felt much at all. No suspension.
    Posted by OatesCam

If there is, I'm not going to be outraged.

To me this is like a road rage incident where 2 morons start pummeling each other and one gets hurts and sues the other idiot.

Whatever.

Miscarriage of justice, I'm not bothered about it at all.

And I could see a suspension and I wouldn't have a problem with it because the guy consistently has a questionable hit every game.

I think Phaneuf tries to hurt people and I think he does it in cowardly ways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He got the game misconduct. Pay the $2500 and move on.
    Can you imagine the TSN comments thread if he gets suspended? It'll be the biggest tearjerker since Steel Magnolias was in print...with no less that 3000 comments that involve the league's favoritism towards the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Love the :45 second mark as the cameras pan the Toronto bench. Already down a goal and losing thier captain and best defenseman, the Leaf players all look concerned and a bit worried. Except Kessel who has an interaction Frattin that looks like this: Phil: wanna come over and play Tetris later? Frattin: Noooo...what? ::shuffle another inch away from Kessel::

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah it will be a fine and once again will enjoy the comment section of TSN.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sort of OT, but Kassian has so far done a good job of being "the next Lucic type player".  That was the tag when he was drafted - teams were looking for Lucic type players: power forwards with an edge, big hitting wingers who can fight and thump top 4 defensemen but who can also kick in on offense.  Kassian's 6 points in 10 games and a fight with Matt Martin is a good start.

Curious to see how he develops.  Like Lucic, he can be a meathead and make some bad decisions, but no question he's a tough,  aggressive kid with some skills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He got the game misconduct. Pay the $2500 and move on. Can you imagine the TSN comments thread if he gets suspended? It'll be the biggest tearjerker since Steel Magnolias was in print...with no less that 3000 comments that involve the league's favoritism towards the Bruins.
    Posted by seobrien

You can rest assured, if Phaneuf gets suspended ( i don't think he will ), it will all be the Bruins fault.If you visit the TSN or CBC boards after there has been a suspension or non-suspension on any player on any team , its always the Bruins fault.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Phaneuf hit on Kassian : You can rest assured, if Phaneuf gets suspended ( i don't think he will ), it will all be the Bruins fault.If you visit the TSN or CBC boards after there has been a suspension or non-suspension on any player on any team , its always the Bruins fault.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Oh well. You have to be a pretty good team for fans to care enough to hate you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Phaneuf hit on Kassian : Oh well. You have to be a pretty good team for fans to care enough to hate you.
    Posted by dezaruchi

True dat!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I hate Phaneuf as well but think the 5 minute major and game misconduct were enough. Kassian will make him pay down the road.

Sections
Shortcuts