Phaneuf on Paille

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Phaneuf on Paille

Watch it here

I'm not sure.  Maybe a headshot.  Doesn't look like an elbow as much as a shoulder, but maybe a shoulder to the head?

I wonder if anything will come of it.  I'm 50/50 on it.

You?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Re: Phaneuf on Paille

Going to be looked at for sure. Looked cheap to me at the time, but I expect nothing less from Celine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I could go either way, he led with his shoulder. Perhaps if he didnt borrow his shoulder pads from Ray Lewis it wouldnt be an issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Looks worse to me now that I see it again but I guess I still think it wasn't so bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Doesn't look like much to me.  I think he came in with his arm tucked, and it only came up as part of shoving Paille as part of the hit, rather than a raised elbow to deliver a blow to a head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Phaneuf is such a cheese ball.

He should spend less time posing and swaggering and focus on hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And speaking of refs, where's null?  Isn't he late with a new same old thread "Even Walkoum couldn't save the Bruins" ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Looked a little bit like a blindside hit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I was watching the game on CBC, where it was barely deemed, worthy of a replay. However, if that had been a bruin, chicken-winging a leaf, it would have been shown from at least 6 angles, with every commentator demanding that this thug has to get at least 2 games for this blatent assault. I personally think it was head hunting, and is worth a one game suspension. It is also my opinion, that there will not even be a hearing, because the Bruins won't cry about it (not their style), and there won't be any pressure from tha Canadian press.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Way worse than the Gryba hit on Eller... but this is a Bruin who got hit so not even a penalty

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And speaking of refs, where's null?  Isn't he late with a new same old thread "Even Walkoum couldn't save the Bruins" ?

The Nucks are down 0-2 and going to SJ.Vigneault was nearly crying during his last media sessions.Dire times for our dear Nulls team and to top it off Thelma and Louise are doing absolutely nothing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

I'm standing in for Colon Campbell. He couldn't make it as he is getting spayed. Will recover shortly. Here is his message:

Gregory's daddy will make sure that Maple Leaf will be quartered and drawn. Out for the rest of the series for sure. Also, I don't have a life.

Go Bs Go. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

There's more doubt than not, that anything comes of it. Maybe a fine. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Head looks like principle point of contact to me.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

While Shanahan's decisions have been terribly inconsistent, the decision on what to review seems even worse.  I'm not sure Phaneuf even has a hearing for this, as much as I could see him getting a game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want to say yes becuase I'm POd about the loss. The elbow did hit the head but i'm a cynic now with shanaban's rulings, I don't know how Brendan is going to rule these days.

I'm going to say NO but not because of the inconcistency.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

He does launch upwards into paille, should be a game, but im betting not even a look.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Suspension worthy or not -- I would at least like to read that Bananahan at least took a look and made a comment here. Looked like the head was involved but Paille didn't pull a Sbbban/Ribeiro/Kovalev routine -- so it's probably not review worthy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ziwDinLe08I

This version has slow motion at the end. There is no doubt where his elbow ended up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ziwDinLe08I

This version has slow motion at the end. There is no doubt where his elbow ended up.

With the slo mo it looks like the initial contact to Paille's head is made by Phaneuf's shoulder pad aided by the upward follow-through of his elbow.  It should be reviewed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Neither are anything more than a 2 minutes penalty. I don't want them to take Dion off anyway. I prefer him on the ice so the Bruins can skate around him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Neither are anything more than a 2 minutes penalty. I don't want them to take Dion off anyway. I prefer him on the ice so the Bruins can skate around him.

Yeah, perry.  Or to watch him do a slick two-step to avoid going into a corner for the puck with Lucic  bearing down on him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good video San.  That shows Phaneuf's elbow contacting Paille in the chest first. 

Nothing doing here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Abdelkader hearing announced.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669302&navid=nhl:topheads

Not sure if folks have seen this hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBIFsbcy6Q

Haven't seen anything about a Phaneuf hearing yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Abdelkader hearing announced.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669302&navid=nhl:topheads

Not sure if folks have seen this hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBIFsbcy6Q

Haven't seen anything about a Phaneuf hearing yet.

I'm pretty sure there won't be one.

Sections
Shortcuts