phil kessel = olympic beast!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: phil kessel = olympic beast!

chara had an even rating in the game. now go back to the patriots boards. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BIG ICE, FREE WHEELING , NO JABRO HITS all over the place, real skill being rewarded.. the russians better beware regarless of how much putin pays... chara was no match, kess dominated yesterday esp in the beginning of the rout. from the first assist it was game on! how come we dont get or keep studs like that?

[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's, how can I say, you know, like, I mean, it's kinda like...magic, just about, I'm like, just saying, you know. Just putting it out there.

But, seriously, wake me up when all this is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Eriksson,Hamilton,Smith,Spooner,Fraser & Morrow....  we're good....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Kess always dominates when it counts . Premier player one of the games  best but noo not in boston

No in boston they want the hard working talentless player and get rewarded by the calices on hands. 

Ah what could been - dynasty my friend dynasty

What could have been is two stanley cup trips and a parade.  Did you miss that?   When does it count by the way?   I need your definition of this.   I also need your definition of dominate.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

Spooner morrow fraser so far nothing proven

Loui no doubt so far a bust

Hamilton still has much developing to do - nothing great as yet 

Smith pleasant surprise - will he sustain this for years to come or will he become a 3rd or 4th line r

[/QUOTE]

if i remember correctly Kessel didn't exactly set the league on fire right off the bat either....

as for Eriksson, cut this guy some slack, he's had two concussions....  i have a feeling he's going to be a key player come playoff time....

i don't know if it was a factor or not in Kessel's case, but sometimes cap restraints are what decides if a player stays or goes....  at the time Krejci & Looch were more important in the B'S, and CJ's, scheme of things....  and thus far that's proved to be right also....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

One cup is great I agree I mean after all the time we ve been waiting for a cup that's for sure. 

But try visualizing going into playoffs with kessel a proven playoff  and yes dominant player

I can't imagine How another parade would not take place.

As far as reaching finals very nice but who ever remembers the contender

Btw I think kess will do very well in these olympics 

[/QUOTE]

I actually dont hate kessel like some on here do.  But Kessel is a smug, me first player who doesnt thrive when it counts, nor do i think would make a great team mate(im assuming bc of his attitude, being picked last on allstar teams etc).  

Kessel has world class ability and i thought he played very hard in last yrs playoffs, gave me a new respect.   

As for the olympics i think he should and will have a big impact.   This ice and style is made for him.   

Making 2 trips to the final, being a dominant team every year since he has left tells you all you need to know.   he was on a bruins team that finally was starting to make noise and gained an identity, he was dealt.  It helped both teams.  I dont think the deal is as bad as everyone made on that it was.   The best player in the deal was Kessel.  The 2nd best is Seguin who turned out to be a clone of Kessel in the me first style.  Just like the Pats its about the Bruins way.  Not any individual.  Kessel and Seguin can score 40 a year.  But i doubt they ever get a ring.  In boston they have a chance every year.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

At least he's on our team for the next week and a half. Go USA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Kessel sucks and so does the big ice. Fr icking ridiculous how it makes hockey so unattractive. Takes most of the hitting out of the game, when you can skate out of the way from any contact with all the room on the ice. Its a joke.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kessel had nothing to do with USA win over Russia.

Kane, Oshie, Pavelski were the studs of that game.

Kessel coughed up the puck on the PP and then reverted to classic Kessel, meaningless shots from the perimeter.

When the true elite get together it becomes really obvious who's the REAL elite and who the floaters are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's always funny how little kids look at sports.  They love their team, but then they see star players on other teams and they fall in love with them.  They want those guys on their team too.  Then you explain the basic reality about having your cake and eating it too.  You can't have everyone on this championship winning team, and the Cup, while also having a bunch of star players on other teams too.  

You have to make choices, and championships are evidence that the wisest choices were made.

Most kids get that.

Then you come here, and find (apparently) fully grown adults that still just can't grasp that very simple concept.

Do you like real championships, or hypothetical fantasies about all-star teams.  Most adults and most everybody here has an easy time answering that one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's always funny how little kids look at sports.  They love their team, but then they see star players on other teams and they fall in love with them.  They want those guys on their team too.  Then you explain the basic reality about having your cake and eating it too.  You can't have everyone on this championship winning team, and the Cup, while also having a bunch of star players on other teams too.  

You have to make choices, and championships are evidence that the wisest choices were made.

Most kids get that.

Then you come here, and find (apparently) fully grown adults that still just can't grasp that very simple concept.

Do you like real championships, or hypothetical fantasies about all-star teams.  Most adults and most everybody here has an easy time answering that one.

[/QUOTE]

Fletch, you are wasting your breath.

Marco owns the magic "IF".  If the Bruins had Kessel they would be a dynasty and would have won every cup since they traded him.  In Marco's mind this is an absolute truth.  The Bruins HAD Kessel and didn't win with him, but that's the Bruins fault in Marco's mind.

Marco is stuck in his fantasy, this is so he doesn't have to deal with reality.  Saying "IF" is sooo much easier then talking about what "IS".

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

some peeps must learn to keep their LEGS closed. b it the russian goalie or a kardashian! QUICK = HOPE SOLO, for he kept his legs closed, lifted and spread only at the right times. thats a hard thing to do esp when so many are aiming for your pie hole so often. many want in but only a few should get in. russian goalie was beaten 4 times in the oT and in the game that way. quick is QUICK, reminds of what Solo did against the japanese and in getting the gold for the US. if he keeps going as is, he may surpass her mastery and perhaps he too may end up on dancing with da stars!

putin must b furious. those refs may find themselves being snowdened, with FORCED asylum! anyone wants to blame obama for this win?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you talked more hockey, and less politics and soccer, your threads wouldn't keep disappearing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spike77. Show Spike77's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't there more players we got by trading our first rd pick  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Spike77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't there more players we got by trading our first rd pick  

[/QUOTE]
    No.

Also, it was Jarred Knight, and not Spooner that was the player taken with Toronto's 2nd round draft pick.

Boston also sent Ryan Button & Rich Peverley to Dallas in the Seguin trade, and while they may not be significant players now, Button was a 2nd round pick, and Peverley originally cost the Bruins, Blake Wheeler & Mark Stuart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Kessel is a wiesel always was and always will be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kessel is a wiesel always was and always will be.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know he was related to the Wiesel's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

some peeps must learn to keep their LEGS closed. b it the russian goalie or a kardashian! QUICK = HOPE SOLO, for he kept his legs closed, lifted and spread only at the right times. thats a hard thing to do esp when so many are aiming for your pie hole so often. many want in but only a few should get in. russian goalie was beaten 4 times in the oT and in the game that way. quick is QUICK, reminds of what Solo did against the japanese and in getting the gold for the US. if he keeps going as is, he may surpass her mastery and perhaps he too may end up on dancing with da stars!

putin must b furious. those refs may find themselves being snowdened, with FORCED asylum! anyone wants to blame obama for this win?

[/QUOTE]

hope solo is ugly 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

Spooner morrow fraser so far nothing proven

Loui no doubt so far a bust

Hamilton still has much developing to do - nothing great as yet 

Smith pleasant surprise - will he sustain this for years to come or will he become a 3rd or 4th line r

Normally I try not to get drawn into your past Bruin love affairs, but I really hate it, when you, or anyone else, uses injuries to determine value of trades.

IF Eriksson had a history of concussions, then you would have an arguement against the Bruins trading for him, but he has been very healthy for his entire career, so the injuries cannot be held against him, or Boston.

If Kessel were to suddenly sustain a career-ending concussion, would you be on here, saying what a great trade Boston made, with Toronto?

Would a major injury to Seguin, suddenly make Chiarelli look like a genuis for trading him?

Of course not, because it would be foolish to use un-forseen injuries when evaluating trades.

The biggest complaint you could make about Hamilton, is he is not "great" yet?

Why do you keep talking about Smith regressing into a 3rd or 4th line player, when almost all young players get better as they mature?

I understand you loved Kessel. I was also a fan when he wore the spoked B. I was also a Seguin fan. The key word being, WAS.

You have also mentioned liking Hornton, but without the Kessel trade, it was very un-likely Hornton would ever had been a Bruin, as they would have not been looking for a #1 RW.

That is why you can't look at any trade as being as simple as player A for player B. By trading Kessel, Boston was able to trade for the future and still get a #1 RW in Hornton.

[/QUOTE]

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts