Phil Kessel

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

Guys, there's really no point in arguing with someone who simply throws out / disregards any evidence for opposing views.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Guys, there's really no point in arguing with someone who simply throws out / disregards any evidence for opposing views.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

and which views are those doc- enlighten me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Well, you just disregarded the amassed opinions of the League's GMs and coaches.  People being payed large sums of money for knowing hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Just read on twitter his new contract will be announced later today.

8 years at 8 million per.

Not worth anywhere this money. Looks good on Toronto. They deserve each other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Well, you just disregarded the amassed opinions of the League's GMs and coaches.  People being payed large sums of money for knowing hockey.

i thought nonis was a gm !

look doc, i watch a player and after the amount of time i followed hockey i can make my own conclusions. That is a poll whatever - nonis is wrong, burke was wrong, gorton was wrong,

look at what he has done both in the reg season and playoffs and make your conclusions. Now, will he have a long illustrious carreer- would not bet on that one. would i have prefered to sign him for 4 years instaed of 8- definitely but at this point in time he is ine of the game's best.

I said and maintained that i would be very surprised to see kessel go and some here came with the utmost convcition saying he's gone and will not sign in toronto and he's off to Minn- dumbies guy is from madison plays for the gophers and he's a shoe in to sign with the Wild-

get outta here, get lost!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

once again we can see the obvios knowlege of people on these forums- Where are you bruinsfan something who said KESSEl was a definite  to sign in Minnesota- and your other idiot friends who agreed with you.  I said it it would b3 7.5 -8m and what did he get?  Those who thought they would actually sign phanegg before Kessel . You gotto be kidding me.

Now go do your in depth searching because that is all you know. You know nothing about this game.

You come here with an "I told you thread" about a player, then spell his name wrong.

Phanegg? Seriously?

Why do you come in here in the first place?

Kelv - I dIdnt spell his name wrong if you knew other languages other then english ( so american I must say) you would know that "oeuf" means egg

Now we have an online tough guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

look doc, i watch a player and after the amount of time i followed hockey i can make my own conclusions. That is a poll whatever - nonis is wrong, burke was wrong, gorton was wrong,

look at what he has done both in the reg season and playoffs and make your conclusions. Now, will he have a long illustrious carreer- would not bet on that one. would i have prefered to sign him for 4 years instaed of 8- definitely but at this point in time he is ine of the game's best.

I said and maintained that i would be very surprised to see kessel go and some here came with the utmost convcition saying he's gone and will not sign in toronto and he's off to Minn- dumbies guy is from madison plays for the gophers and he's a shoe in to sign with the Wild-

So like I said, anything counter to your view is simply wrong, end of discussion?

I'd say Kessel is one of the game's best scorers.  I think that's an important distinction.  It's taken how many years now for him to become a net-positive contributer on the ice?  We'll see if he manages to keep it up this season.

I will say this though: I doubt we'll see him pull an Ovechkin-level lazy backcheck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see they removed my post- angry why angry i relish in being right when it involves ppl who just are to stubborn and too close minded in not saying they made a mistake.

once agin searching finding polls anything you van get to discredit him. kessel is a great player if you find yourself in the company of those who eally know hockey then you might discover the evident. 43rd player who cares? it is a poll - Everyone would take this elite player in a blink of an eye.

say you completely misjudged him and get on with it!

Clarify what you're talking about.  Would you call him the 5th best player in the league or the best player in the league.

I would say 43rd best player in the league is about right.

Call the top 50 players in the league elite and we can both be happy.

Or how about this?  Do you see ANY (ANY) shortcomings in Kessel's game at all?  Is he weak any where?  Any where at all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

once again we can see the obvios knowlege of people on these forums- Where are you bruinsfan something who said KESSEl was a definite  to sign in Minnesota- and your other idiot friends who agreed with you.  I said it it would b3 7.5 -8m and what did he get?  Those who thought they would actually sign phanegg before Kessel . You gotto be kidding me.

Now go do your in depth searching because that is all you know. You know nothing about this game.

You come here with an "I told you thread" about a player, then spell his name wrong.

Phanegg? Seriously?

Why do you come in here in the first place?

Kelv - I dIdnt spell his name wrong if you knew other languages other then english ( so american I must say) you would know that "oeuf" means egg

Now we have an online tough guy.

You want my number?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I seriously wonder about the Bruins fans here constantly talking about a Leaf. waddafcuk. You are all like a bunch of jilted boyfriends.  "Come back Phil, comeback"  Cry                

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You want my number?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I see they removed my post- angry why angry i relish in being right when it involves ppl who just are to stubborn and too close minded in not saying they made a mistake.

once agin searching finding polls anything you van get to discredit him. kessel is a great player if you find yourself in the company of those who eally know hockey then you might discover the evident. 43rd player who cares? it is a poll - Everyone would take this elite player in a blink of an eye.

say you completely misjudged him and get on with it!

Clarify what you're talking about.  Would you call him the 5th best player in the league or the best player in the league.

I would say 43rd best player in the league is about right.

Call the top 50 players in the league elite and we can both be happy.

Or how about this?  Do you see ANY (ANY) shortcomings in Kessel's game at all?  Is he weak any where?  Any where at all?

Listen, kessel can win a conn smythe and you still would not give him light of day and you know it but your emotions you porttray on him are certainly not a reflection of the player he is.

Now first off- if you are going to compare let's compare forwards to forwards

i certainly classify him as a top 10. pls do not tell me you would take any Sedin ahead of him - sedins are much more.easily stopped especially in the playoffs then kessel. So, you might say Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Kane, Giroux, etc.

here is something that i have said in the past and cannot understand - if you been a long time diehard bruin fan you have to despise MTL- and kess was a Mtl killer , how a bruin fan dislikes a mtl killer is beyond me.\

As far as weak - I thik he may be one whose (strictly a projection) numbers drop down drastically once he loses a step. As far as weaknesses well he can score 45 instead of over 30. I don't expect kessel to be a banger this is not his game and niether was is it for selanne, lafleur back in the day, gretzky, naslund etc...  Basically his pros far outweigh his cons - btw almost every player has a flaw

If you want to talk "soft" and a player who got his share of assists but was nit even close to a game breaker- talk Craig Janney

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I seriously wonder about the Bruins fans here constantly talking about a Leaf. waddafcuk. You are all like a bunch of jilted boyfriends.  "Come back Phil, comeback"  Cry                

No. Alot of people here, myself included think he is a talented player, just not worth that money. Go back a week or so and see what many posters said about his tiff with John Scott. he had alot of backing here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

So like I said, anything counter to your view is simply wrong, end of discussion?

I'd say Kessel is one of the game's best scorers.  I think that's an important distinction.  It's taken how many years now for him to become a net-positive contributer on the ice?  We'll see if he manages to keep it up this season.

I will say this though: I doubt we'll see him pull an Ovechkin-level lazy backcheck.

define net contributor on the ice?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

No. Alot of people here, myself included think he is a talented player, just not worth that money. Go back a week or so and see what many posters said about his tiff with John Scott. he had alot of backing here.

All right so you dont think he's worthed fine.Tell me though which player is worthed - i don't thi nk any sports athlete should be making this kind of money .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Esentially +/- plus power-play points.  When he is on the ice, is his team more likely to score than be scored against, with the potential to make up for five-on-five play with powerplay contributions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Esentially +/- plus power-play points.  When he is on the ice, is his team more likely to score than be scored against, with the potential to make up for five-on-five play with powerplay contributions.

Doc , maybe i am wrong but i also have said this before, plus or minus is more a reflection of team stat . Look at his plus or minus with boston.

Here even better go look up Cam neely and see what his plus minus was with vancoeuver and with boston- and i will repaet again if it is as you say then go shoot chiarelli cause he just signed Iginla cause he is a minus player .

Doc- Kessel almost single handedly beat us on the playoffs did you even watch the series and many say he's not there when it counts- what are you watching?  I am not even going to bother searching what he did on pp in bos and toronto because i would take him over any forward on the bruins to play on the PP

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, he is a talented player, but so is Ovie. When was the last time there was an Ovie posting, or a Stamkos posting, etc.... 

It's not the money. I don't care about the money, since I am not writing the cheques. My point is that there is a lot of talk about a guy that was once a Bruin, but has moved on. There seems to be a preoccupation with this guy, on a Bruin's board. 

That's all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

You want my number?

Yes.

Write down ur email 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Doc , maybe i am wrong but i also have said this before, plus or minus is more a reflection of team stat . Look at his plus or minus with boston.

Here even better go look up Cam neely and see what his plus minus was with vancoeuver and with boston- and i will repaet again if it is as you say then go shoot chiarelli cause he just signed Iginla cause he is a minus player .

Doc- Kessel almost single handedly beat us on the playoffs did you even watch the series and many say he's not there when it counts- what are you watching?  I am not even going to bother searching what he did on pp in bos and toronto because i would take him over any forward on the bruins to play on the PP

Yes, it is more a team stat, but over time the trend is there, especially when you combine it with watching how he helps defend.  

He had a good series.  I think saying he almost single-handedly beat the Bruins is hyperbole.  The rest of that team was (and still is) a team on the upswing.

Saying you'd take him over any Bruins forward for PP play is like saying you'd take any chocolate made by Ghirardelli over any chocolate made by Ford.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I agree, he is a talented player, but so is Ovie. When was the last time there was an Ovie posting, or a Stamkos posting, etc.... 

It's not the money. I don't care about the money, since I am not writing the cheques. My point is that there is a lot of talk about a guy that was once a Bruin, but has moved on. There seems to be a preoccupation with this guy, on a Bruin's board. 

That's all. 

It's mostly driven by old feuds from back when he was a Bruin, or more accuralty had just been a Bruin.

I'm sure we'll see the same trend with Seguin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

That's all. 

It's mostly driven by old feuds from back when he was a Bruin, or more accuralty had just been a Bruin.

I'm sure we'll see the same trend with Seguin.

Actually seguin feud may be worse

• You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[/QUOTE]

I was one of the first to come up with the idea that there was a chance that he could be thinking of not re-signing with Toronto, because of him stating that he would not negotiate a contract, once the season started.

I also mentioned that Minny would be my guess, as to where he might end up, because the Wild had just signed Suter & Parise to big money, so they seemed to covet players that were born in that area. They would also have the needed cap space with the departure of Heatley, who just happens to play the same position as Kessel.

I would not call that "utmost conviction" or a "shoe-in". I was simply offering my opinion. That's what we do here. I am wrong much more often than I am right, but the odd time that I actually guess right about something (I'm sure it's happened, I just can't think of one, right now), I would not come on here, bragging about it and calling other people, "dumbies".

That is something children do.

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts