Phil Kessel

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

Getlaf, Perry, Giroux, Eric Staal, Couture, Hall, Eberle, Hossa, Krejci (now as back then), Spezza - I'd take all of these guys ahead of both Kane and Kessel.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Yes, you can slice and dice in different ways, but I find it hard to see how someone could put Kessel in the top 10 FORWARDS in the league, much less the top 10 PLAYERS.

A Conn Smythe trophy?  Before we go there, let's see him win more than one playoff round or score 40 goals first.

You can put him in the top 25  FORWARDS in the league, I don't see top 10.

[/QUOTE]

I can see how you can place him at top 25 . I place him higher then that.

[/QUOTE]

While he has improved since, didn't he win a car a couple of years ago.  His peers  were concerned about either his ride or his game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When you have centers, like Boson has, you dont have too ask any GM! And I don't have to ask any, Ex-Coach-CBC-scrub what he has to say.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTEI doubt the Seguin feud will be worse.  Apart from a general feeling that the game has changed since the 1960s and 70s when the Bruins were almost as good on off nights as game nights, and good time charlie has had his day (to say nothing of his teammates' wives...), I don't think people dislike Seguin the way they did Kessel.  There were similar debates - they both avoid hits like hipsters in the record store - but the main difference was the futile rushes Kessel had been making for years and his tendency to waste possessions by taking long, lame shots.  Seguin started to do it last year, but it wasn't his trademark the way it was with Kessel for years.  He wanted to do it all himself.  Drove me nuts.  I was glad to see him go.  Still am.

I said feud because if seguin becomes a franchise player in dallas you will be hard pressed to find someone who won't rub it in chia face for yrs to come a la harry neale[/QUOTE]

Nope

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:I doubt the Seguin feud will be worse.  Apart from a general feeling that the game has changed since the 1960s and 70s when the Bruins were almost as good on off nights as game nights, and good time charlie has had his day (to say nothing of his teammates' wives...), I don't think people dislike Seguin the way they did Kessel.  There were similar debates - they both avoid hits like hipsters in the record store - but the main difference was the futile rushes Kessel had been making for years and his tendency to waste possessions by taking long, lame shots.  Seguin started to do it last year, but it wasn't his trademark the way it was with Kessel for years.  He wanted to do it all himself.  Drove me nuts.  I was glad to see him go.  Still am.

Are you not entertained?!?!

I said feud because if seguin becomes a franchise player in dallas you will be hard pressed to find someone who won't rub it in chia face for yrs to come a la harry neale

And again...

Back and to the left, back and to the left...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.  Great skill, attacks the net which I like, but over all of those other guys?  Explain, or blame cocaine.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome skillset, but what puts him ahead of the other players for me is how much more of an impact player he is. Clutch player, who has a resume better than the other players mentioned and I dont think we've seen the best of him yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It always brings a smile to my face when I see a guy who turned into Phil the freindly ghost in his one and only trip to the second round described as a future Con Smythe winner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

It always brings a smile to my face when I see a guy who turned into Phil the freindly ghost in his one and only trip to the second round described as a future Con Smythe winner.

I woouldnt call him a ghost, he has 21 points in 22 playoff games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you please let me know which part of "one and only trip to the second round" you fail to comprehend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you please let me know which part of "one and only trip to the second round" you fail to comprehend.

[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me what fail to understand what you type. I'll break it down for you so you understand.

One and only trip to second round, 2008/09 vs Carolina Hurricanes:

Phil Kessel       7 games

2 goals

3 assists

+/- +5

28 shots on net

How is that being a "ghost" genius?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I said feud because if seguin becomes a franchise player in dallas you will be hard pressed to find someone who won't rub it in chia face for yrs to come a la harry neale

And again...

Ok so why ask Neale?

What I meant a la Neale was that if seguin becomes a superstar for many y ears to come we as bruin fans will

Be reminded of it sort of the way canuck fans never forgot neale trading neely to us.

We ?...I don't think like Canuck, Shab or Laff fans...it's too confusing.

Seguin will probably become a stud and PC still raked in with what he got back.

Kessel for Hamilton, Eriksson, Knight, Fraser, Smith and Morrow.

Your Lufas are on the line for $64M!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell me what fail to understand what you type. I'll break it down for you so you understand.

2 goals

3 assists

+/- +5

28 shots on net

[/QUOTE]

He has 2 assist and +2 in the first game and 2 goals and + 3 in game 5.  Where was he for the other 5 games?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2 goals

3 assists

+/- +5

28 shots on net

[/QUOTE]

He has 2 assist and +2 in the first game and 2 goals and + 3 in game 5.  Where was he for the other 5 games?

[/QUOTE]

Let me understand so you're saying tj at because he was pointless in a few games of the second round the thought thst he can possibly win a conn smythe if his team ever won a cup (not likely anytime soon) is toyally absurd.

[/QUOTE]

That is not it at all by thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.  What I will say is that with each round of the playoffs there is an increase in physical play and intensity.  Phil Kessel does not play well when games are physical and intense.  So I do not expect him to perform well later in the playoffs when the Con Smythe trophy is decided.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow the Phil Kessel debate all over again. It's Groundhog day

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And apparently Seguin is Cam Neely LoL

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That is not it at all by thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.  What I will say is that with each round of the playoffs there is an increase in physical play and intensity.  Phil Kessel does not play well when games are physical and intense.  So I do not expect him to perform well later in the playoffs when the Con Smythe trophy is decided.

[/QUOTE]

What proof do you have of this? You don't think last year against the Bruins, one of the more physical teams in the league, was a physical and intense series? Is that because is was round 1? He shined in that series.

I'm not a Kessel fan, but I dont go around bashing players with made up stuff because he no longer wears the Bruins jersey. It's just stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And again...

Ok so why ask Neale?

What I meant a la Neale was that if seguin becomes a superstar for many y ears to come we as bruin fans will

Be reminded of it sort of the way canuck fans never forgot neale trading neely to us.

Well I guess you're more accepting hard to imagine though  any fan losing a player like Neely and being ok with it.Eriksson is the only proven nhler the rest the jury is out I kno we Hamilton looks good but too early still .

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

And apparently Seguin is Cam Neely LoL

[/QUOTE]Seguin is defintelty no cam neely-2 diffrrent players [/QUOTE]

On this very thread you have stated "Seguin is like Cam Neely" and he is "no Neely".

Confirmation you have a freakin screw loose. You know longer have reasonable hockey opinion but hundreds on BDC would have, could already told me that.

I'm turning the lights out, your done.

Sections
Shortcuts