2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Please explain this.

This year the Leafs are 3-0.

Kessel is a minus one.

Bhab they played 3 games  is Mason tor best player since le leads in plus minus .Jvr is also minus 1

[/QUOTE]

Point being he's been a minus every year except one.

This is ridiculous, any fault of his game I mention you refuse to admit.

Your are madly in love with the guy, it's obvioius.  

At least admit you're in love with him and in your eyes he can do no wrong.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I do like kessel though obviously have never hid that

You say he's one of the 10 best forwards in the league - and you only like him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Why are we wasting time with the Leafs?

Yeah, their forwards are above average. Their goalies are slightly better than average. And their defensemen stink and will be their downfall in the end.

They can dream of the playoffs with that defense.

They're a heck of a lot more interesting than the Bruins!  There is really nothing interesting at all about this B's team.  We've talked the right wings to death, and the defense is wait and see.

Other than that, we're left with Shupe's contract talks and whether or not skating clowns should exist.

So, the Leafs it is!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why are we wasting time with the Leafs?

Yeah, their forwards are above average. Their goalies are slightly better than average. And their defensemen stink and will be their downfall in the end.

They can dream of the playoffs with that defense.

They're a heck of a lot more interesting than the Bruins!  There is really nothing interesting at all about this B's team.  We've talked the right wings to death, and the defense is wait and see.

Other than that, we're left with Shupe's contract talks and whether or not skating clowns should exist.

So, the Leafs it is!

[/QUOTE]

Has the sun been shining a bit too strong and hot in South Florida? It's getting to you, NAS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Kessel Contract breakdown-

8 Years

8 Million dollars

8 pages of nonsense on the BDC boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Actually not in love and I did mentiin he may be a type of plsyer whose numbers drop drastically and quickly as he loses a step also said I Don't think he. Will have a long illustrious career. I also said I  would have signed him

For four maybe five years. I don't want to disagree just to disgree you do have to agree that plus or minus is a team stat( I used iginila as an example and I also used neely who I was truly in love with as an example) Cam only got on the plus side when he came to boston

I do like kessel though obviously have never hid that

+/- is a team stat, but the Leafs are 3-0.  How can you compare being a minus player on a winning team with Iginla's putrid Flames?  The Leafs finished 5th in the Conference last year and Kessel was still a minus player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I cannot understand why you guys are having a conversation with this fool Bruins8/PB37/Marco.

It is clear that he's either 10 years old, mentally challenged or just yanking you around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I cannot understand why you guys are having a conversation with this fool Bruins8/PB37/Marco.

It is clear that he's either 10 years old, mentally challenged or just yanking you around.

Part of me enjoys arguing with idiots.  Maybe you could try to convince Rusty to return here.  He's absolutely my favorite idiot to argue with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It is a boring time here, for some reason.  I think we were a little spoiled by last year's schedule, because it seems like every Bruins game is about a week apart right now.

I can't think of one interesting topic with the Bruins right now that hasn't already been beat to death.  I hope next game has some kind of wild brawl, or controversy, or historic performance.  Lucic should run the goalie.

In the meantime, I find myself debating Kessel with marco and even throwing some quick bait at Wensink, knowing that he will come back wildly swinging and full of drama.  

Bored.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Stop srguing with yourself idiot!

3 games idiot 3 games !! Jvr is slso on the minus side but raymond is not 

48 games last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Stop srguing with yourself idiot!

3 games idiot 3 games !! Jvr is slso on the minus side but raymond is not 

Kessel is the most beautiful girl in the world.

Marco only has eyes for her.

Anybody or any stat that hints otherwise is wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

This thread needs to go away......

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Kessel plus 23 with boston - do you understsnd anything!

I understand that being on a winning Leafs team (last season and this season) isn't enough for Kessel to be a + player.  The only time Kessel has been a + player was on a Bruins team that dominated the regular season with 274 goals for and only 196 goals against.  When your team scores 78 goals more than it allows, you will be a + player no matter how many times you get in line at the buffet.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Tell you what this plus or minus is getting ridiculous - make me a favor try watching the series bos vs torwstch it carefully - tell me what you think  start with this. 

I'll get right on it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I still come back to that Behind the B comment Chiarelli made about Seguin.  Some reference to him being "another of those 30 goal scorers" clearly comparing him to Kessel.  And that was the conversation that led to them dealing him.

Here's what I take away from that.  He's a goalscorer, but he's only a 30 goal scorer.  Not a 40, 50+ guy.  That's what he does - uses great speed and a shot to score goals, but for whatever reason, he can't crack that 40 mark.  So why is that important?

$8Mx8yrs.  That's what you pay for the 30-37 goal scorer now.  Corey Perry's a 50 goal scorer - he makes $600K more/year.  Eric Staal is a two time 40+ scorer, makes $250K more/year.  In other words, for a very small amount more, you can get a better player who also produces more in what is supposed to be the player's strength: goals.  Conversely, a guy like Lucic comes in at 75% of Kessel's salary and maybe he doesn't score as much, but it's easier to live with his slumps because he has other ways to impact the game, and you've spread an extra two mil over the rest of the roster.

I think that's a core idea of this management team - they want a 50 goal superstar, but if that potential 50 goal guy plateaus and becomes a 35 goal guy, then he's not going to be affordable for what he brings.  He's a tweener.

Are you not entertained?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I still come back to that Behind the B comment Chiarelli made about Seguin.  Some reference to him being "another of those 30 goal scorers" clearly comparing him to Kessel.  And that was the conversation that led to them dealing him.

Here's what I take away from that.  He's a goalscorer, but he's only a 30 goal scorer.  Not a 40, 50+ guy.  That's what he does - uses great speed and a shot to score goals, but for whatever reason, he can't crack that 40 mark.  So why is that important?

$8Mx8yrs.  That's what you pay for the 30-37 goal scorer now.  Corey Perry's a 50 goal scorer - he makes $600K more/year.  Eric Staal is a two time 40+ scorer, makes $250K more/year.  In other words, for a very small amount more, you can get a better player who also produces more in what is supposed to be the player's strength: goals.  Conversely, a guy like Lucic comes in at 75% of Kessel's salary and maybe he doesn't score as much, but it's easier to live with his slumps because he has other ways to impact the game, and you've spread an extra two mil over the rest of the roster.

I think that's a core idea of this management team - they want a 50 goal superstar, but if that potential 50 goal guy plateaus and becomes a 35 goal guy, then he's not going to be affordable for what he brings.  He's a tweener.

Right, that's what I was getting at when I said that LA Chicago and Boston are better at spreading out their salaries.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Well said Book, thats why I'd rather have Lucic.

Sections
Shortcuts