Phil Kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

No f'in way should they have pitched to Longoria with 2 outs, 1st base open and Myers on deck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco, YOU are not going to change my mind.

Kessel will have to change my mind.

Kessel's play has impressed you, fine.  You're not going to convince me otherwise.  If Kessel's play changes to something I respect, then I'll start saying good things about the player and not until then.

NO - this does NOT mean I expect him to fight or be a banger.

40 goals will buy a little respect from me, but not much more than now.

50 goals and I'll say wow, I didn't think he would get 50.

A Conn Smythe, A Stanley Cup or a gwg in a playoff game where his team wins the round, then I'll change my mind.

Kessel will have to do these things.  Not you.  Talk until you are blue in the face, hold your breath until you pass out, do anything you want, but you are not changing my mind.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I made some killer steak tips last night.

With some grilled asparagus.

It was delicious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

It was delicious.

You think that post seals the death of this thread?

No.  It rightly belongs to the BadHab who says;

Let Kessel settle this discussion.  Marco thinks he's great, I don't.

Let's see what Kessel does to settle this.

The answer for the BadHab is that Kessel has to do one of the things I mentioned earlier before I START to give him respect.

Your steak tips are now nothing but turds and are gone.  The words of the BadHab will last forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The answer for the BadHab is that Kessel has to do one of the things I mentioned earlier before I START to give him respect.

Your steak tips are now nothing but turds and are gone.  The words of the BadHab will last forever.

The Kessel argument from Bruins fans is getting old and tired. Most fans from the other 29 teams in the league think he's an elite player, yet we all knock his lack of physical play and defensive game.

He's a premier talent, and puts up elite points playing with average at best talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Kessel argument from Bruins fans is getting old and tired. Most fans from the other 29 teams in the league think he's an elite player, yet we all knock his lack of physical play and defensive game.

He's a premier talent, and puts up elite points playing with average at best talent.

[/QUOTE]

You should read this thread first and then make your comment.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

No f'in way should they have pitched to Longoria with 2 outs, 1st base open and Myers on deck.

I agree Hang but in the end the Rays couldn't hang with the depth of the Sox pitching.

"Not a 40, 50+ guy"

And never ever will be able too. And when he can only muster in the low 20 goals a year with 3 to 4 years left on his contract, Toronto will be stuck with Kessel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You should read this thread first and then make your comment.

Was my comment not in line with everything that was said? Or were you deliberately trying to waste my time?

I could read this whole post 10 times over again, and still post the same thing.

What part about the rest of the thread that includes his shortcomings needs to be read? His attitude? His lack of drive (weight room, etc.)?

You can talk about Phil Kessel's downfalls all you want, until you're blue in the face. If this was on a national media outlet, you'd be making Bruins fans look like a bunch of butthurt morons. You expect Kessel to score 50 goals? With who feeding him the shots?

Ovechkin has Backstrom. Stamkos has MSL. Perry has Getzlaf. Kessel has....Bozak? Bozak doesn't even get close to as many assists as Kessel has goals, so how can you even expect him to put up 50 goals? Kessel put up 36 goals with Savard, sure...when he was 21 years old.

You expect Kessel to put in a big playoff goal like Bergeron did....And Bergeron's goal  going through about 6 people's worth of traffic? And a backdoor rebound that Franson fed right on his stick with a wide open net? That's not even mentioning that Bergeron's goal was in his 68th playoff game (and I'd argue that it basically took that long for Bergeron to have a goal that was really iconic, aside from his game 7 against Vancouver goals, which his game winner was in the first period). Bergeron was 27 and playing with a perennial contender for most of his career, while Kessel was the difference between Toronto being a cellar dweller (again) and making the playoffs as a #5 seed (for his first time in 4 years). He's been in the playoffs 3 times, and has done very well each time.

Do I think he's worth 8 million per year, especially at 8 years? No, because I think that amount and that length should only be paid to the generational players. Crosby, Malkin, etc. That's not a knock on Phil, it's just a testament to how good those guys are.

You (and lots of other posters on here) need to get over it. He's one of the best forwards in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

It was delicious.

[/QUOTE]

My steak tips were pretty great though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

You (and lots of other posters on here) need to get over it. He's one of the best forwards in the league.

I will and have agreed he's one of the top 25 best forwards in the league.

I don't see how people say he's one of the 10 best.  And nothing in these pages says to me otherwise.  And most importantly, Kessel has proven nothing otherwise in terms of numbers of goals scored or hardware won.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Top 25? I'll give but there is a laundry list of forwards I'd take before him. Allow me to list a few...

Crosby
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    St. Louis
    Giroux
    Bergeron
    Lucic
    Krejci
    Iginla
    Ericksson
    Thornton (SJ)
    Toews
    Kane
    Sharpe
    Hossa
    Nash
    Semin
    Backstrom
    Kesler
    H. and D. Sedin
    Tavares
    Spezza
    Datsyuk
    Zetterberg
    Carter
    Richards
    Kopitar
    Backes
    Seguin
    Neal
    Getzlaf
    Perry

Just to list a few...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Top 25? I'll give but there is a laundry list of forwards I'd take before him. Allow me to list a few...

Crosby
    Ovechkin
    Malkin
    Stamkos
    St. Louis
    Giroux
    Bergeron
    Lucic
    Krejci
    Iginla
    Ericksson
    Thornton (SJ)