Phil Kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Last night was so Kessel.

Looked fast and dangerous to me.  5 shots on net, had an assist, and was an offensive threat.  Point per game pace.

Also completely blew the coverage on a Montreal goal and finished minus-2.

And there is the Kessel debate.  I don't know if Toronto overpaid or not.  But I can say with complete honesty that I am very grateful the Bruins aren't spending that kind of money on that guy.

VOILA!!!!....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

shupe, I'm headed to Denver vs. New Brunswick game on Sunday.  Couldn't even pick their uniform out of a lineup.  Any scouting report that will make the game more interesting?

Fletch,

unb turned over a lot of players from the their championship team.  Lots of 1st and 2nd year guys.  Unb and the CiS usually flaunt 2 strong lines and good goaltending.  Unb coach relies heavily on his stars.  Will go to 2 lines in the 1st.  I suspect he plays 4 lines in exhibition action.  Denver should thump them to a tune of 6-2.  Last yrs team would be a different story.  

Unb have new jersey devil colors.  Used to be called red devils until some church group didnt like it.   Now its the varsity reds.  

Enjoy the game big fella.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You have the Caps winning every year. When are you moving to the Beltway ?

"Whoa the Caps, the Caps! Chimera Rock the Red...Whoa!"

Its my 2nd team. I like what they have there.  I dont think i ever said the caps were gonna win.  wilson is one of my new favorites as is latta.  

What about Ottowa?  How was your trip to Boston shupe?

I like the way ottawa plays.  Really like neil and numerous guys on the roster and their coach.  

As for our game against boston pd.  they absolutely destroyed us.  We were missing good players but even with our best they would have thumped us.  Great time though and we raised near 20 grand for the families of the two officers involved in the shooting.  Great time and i love that city.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

To me, he's not in the top 25 in the world and he's now being paid "elite" money. Please don't ask me start naming players because I'm too lazy right now. Look, I don't think he's a bad player at all. Frankly I think it's shocking he hasn't scored 40 yet because he's certainly got the skill set to score 50. I question his dedication to winning and to becoming the best player he can be. Maybe he'll change. I'm still pleased with all Boston got for him though. I wouldn't trade Eriksson straight up for him. Not a chance.

I think you like Eriksson the way George loved Tony on Seinfeld

Since 08-09:

Eriksson-130 goals- 307 points- Cap Hit-4.25M and locked in through 2016.

Kessel-155 goals- 313 points- Cap Hit- 5.4M and soon to be 8.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

To me, he's not in the top 25 in the world and he's now being paid "elite" money. Please don't ask me start naming players because I'm too lazy right now. Look, I don't think he's a bad player at all. Frankly I think it's shocking he hasn't scored 40 yet because he's certainly got the skill set to score 50. I question his dedication to winning and to becoming the best player he can be. Maybe he'll change. I'm still pleased with all Boston got for him though. I wouldn't trade Eriksson straight up for him. Not a chance.

Since 08-09:

You dont gotta convince me Dez.   I like his game.  He has really flown under the radar.  Thats what happens when you are stuck in dallas.  Not sure i remember a nationally televised stars game.   i have nhl pkg so i flip like crazy.   Cant wait to see him for a full season.  

Did i ever tell you my thoughts on long term deals?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Since 08-09:

You dont gotta convince me Dez.   I like his game.  He has really flown under the radar.  Thats what happens when you are stuck in dallas.  Not sure i remember a nationally televised stars game.   i have nhl pkg so i flip like crazy.   Cant wait to see him for a full season.  

I think his cap hit makes him one of the best bargains in hockey. I only paid more attention to Dallas because of my buddy working for them. He's now scouting the Metropolitan division for them. I still can't get used to the sound of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Since 08-09:

I think his cap hit makes him one of the best bargains in hockey. I only paid more attention to Dallas because of my buddy working for them. He's now scouting the Metropolitan division for them. I still can't get used to the sound of that.

I would tend to agree with you.  Im not sure i can think of a better bargain off the top of my head.  Plays all situations.  Speed.  Skill.  Pts.  Durable.  Great cap hit.  Now you are gonna have me search cap geek.  

Metro div stinks.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will throw 2 names

backes and plekanec.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I will throw 2 names

backes and plekanec.  

Not bad players and I suppose you could let them in the conversation but Loui is still a better deal. He's just about to start the 2nd half of a 6 year deal. He's been a great deal for a long time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The upside is that he may have some opportunities to use some really cheesy lines at bars.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like the way ottawa plays.  Really like neil and numerous guys on the roster and their coach.  

As for our game against boston pd.  they absolutely destroyed us.  We were missing good players but even with our best they would have thumped us.  Great time though and we raised near 20 grand for the families of the two officers involved in the shooting.  Great time and i love that city.  

[/QUOTE]

My last time playing net last year was against them. Lost 3-2, Brendan Walsh got me for two goals. I hate that my last game was losing to them. Their goalie is a nice guy though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I think all of us hate long term deals.  The MLB is full of them, too, and there the busts are a dime a dozen.  But, the MLB has no salary cap, and big spenders like the Sox, the Dodgers, and the Yankees can absorb the wasted money.  

But, it's supply and demand.  As long as teams are going to lavish 8 years on someone, others follow suit.  Kessel is a Leaf.   Their employee.  Their problem. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

I think all of us hate long term deals.  The MLB is full of them, too, and there the busts are a dime a dozen.  But, the MLB has no salary cap, and big spenders like the Sox, the Dodgers, and the Yankees can absorb the wasted money.  

But, it's supply and demand.  As long as teams are going to lavish 8 years on someone, others follow suit.  Kessel is a Leaf.   Their employee.  Their problem. 

Welcome back.

Folks, I'm pretty sure this is ipot.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Welcome back.

Folks, I'm pretty sure this is ipot.

We won't know for sure until he loses his nut about something if that's the case.  Always fun when ipot flies off the handle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

once again we can see the obvios knowlege of people on these forums- Where are you bruinsfan something who said KESSEl was a definite  to sign in Minnesota- and your other idiot friends who agreed with you.  I said it it would b3 7.5 -8m and what did he get?  Those who thought they would actually sign phanegg before Kessel . You gotto be kidding me.

Now go do your in depth searching because that is all you know. You know nothing about this game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

once again we can see the obvios knowlege of people on these forums- Where are you bruinsfan something who said KESSEl was a definite  to sign in Minnesota- and your other idiot friends who agreed with you.  I said it it would b3 7.5 -8m and what did he get?  Those who thought they would actually sign phanegg before Kessel . You gotto be kidding me.

Now go do your in depth searching because that is all you know. You know nothing about this game.

And you know nothing about the English language. Perhaps you should take a beginner's course at your local community college. You "gotto" do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You come here with an "I told you thread" about a player, then spell his name wrong.

Phanegg? Seriously?

Why do you come in here in the first place?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco, why so angy?

TSN poll (as voted by coaches and GM's) rated the top 50 players.

Kessel came in at #43.

If salaries were 100% accurate in correlation to a player's worth you would never have anything called a "buy out".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't answer his insults BadHab, it's beneath you. Tell that Frog to get lost already.

PS. For all you frogs on here, don't get your panties in a twist my beloved Grandmother is French Canadian. Rib bit!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

You come here with an "I told you thread" about a player, then spell his name wrong.

Phanegg? Seriously?

Kelv - I dIdnt spell his name wrong if you knew other languages other then english ( so american I must say) you would know that "oeuf" means egg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

And you know nothing about the English language. Perhaps you should take a beginner's course at your local community college. You "gotto" do it.

That coming from the guy with "DA" THING . You might want to know that even with my poor writing skills .it is unlikely that you have a higher education then me and even more unlikely that you have a more higher status on the business front having said that your suggestion is quite absurd  but thx anyway

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Phanegg? Seriously?

Kelv - I dIdnt spell his name wrong if you knew other languages other then english ( so american I must say) you would know that "oeuf" means egg [/QUOTE]

Yep a french puzzy! If you want i'll start talking about your mother...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Marco, why so angy?

TSN poll (as voted by coaches and GM's) rated the top 50 players.

Kessel came in at #43.

If salaries were 100% accurate in correlation to a player's worth you would never have anything called a "buy out".

I see they removed my post- angry why angry i relish in being right when it involves ppl who just are to stubborn and too close minded in not saying they made a mistake.

once agin searching finding polls anything you van get to discredit him. kessel is a great player if you find yourself in the company of those who eally know hockey then you might discover the evident. 43rd player who cares? it is a poll - Everyone would take this elite player in a blink of an eye.

say you completely misjudged him and get on with it!

Sections
Shortcuts