In response to kelvana33's comment:
What proof do you have of this? You don't think last year against the Bruins, one of the more physical teams in the league, was a physical and intense series? Is that because is was round 1? He shined in that series.
I'm not a Kessel fan, but I dont go around bashing players with made up stuff because he no longer wears the Bruins jersey. It's just stupid.
1) Lots of posters question his game (even when he was a Bruin)
2) Last picked in the all star game a few years ago.
3) Voted #43 best in the NHL by coaches and GM's
4) His plus minus has only been north of zero only one year in the regular season.
5) His final year as a Bruin most of his goals were scored against non playoff teams, Fluto wrote an article about it.
6) He dissed CJ - the infamous weight room comment, and there were a few incidents with Wilson.
All of these things add up to something, you can't pretend they don't exist.
There are a lot of people who don't like his game and I'm one of them.
a) If he scores 40 goals, then we can call him a 40 goals scorer, but not until then.
b) If he wins a Conn Smythe, we can call him a Conn Smythe winner, but not until then.
c) If he wins a Stanley cup, we can call him a Stanley Cup winner, but not until then.
d) Who scored the GWG in OT v. the Leafs in the playoffs game 7? His name wasn't Kessel, it was Bergeron. When he gets an important clutch goal like that, come back and talk to me about it.
Kessels biggest issue is character.
Recchi made the comment about 99% of us want to win a cup and don't think about anything else, who was the 1% he was referring to? Kessel.
Chara getting into a pushing and shoving match with Kessel during practice, what was that all about?
Dissing CJ when CJ said he should be visiting the weight room. What's that say about him?
Getting into a scoring slump and what does he say to the press, "maybe it's time for a change." What's that say about him?