Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]TT was offered to everyone last year and nobody bit. At one point they would have taken a 2nd round pick....As always the case TT proved everyone wrong. Right now I don't see how he can be traded, if they win the Cup i would say it is a certainty he isnt going anywhere. I see his work load being scaled back somewhat next year with the hotter goalie going into the playoffs getting the nod.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Kel, the Bruins own the world's best goaltending tandem(all for the low price of 6.25m). Why folks keep suggesting making changes to it is beyond me. PC would need to be blown away by an offer to even consider trading TT now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : I am not the one who offered TT to the Flyers last summer.  I am not the one who will be offering him to the Flyers again this summer.  Like it or not this is just the reality he will be on the block!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE] Your obsession with TT is quite disturbing.
    Do you really believe the bruins would be in the final without his clutch performances?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

We had these SAME discussions last year.  If he wasn't dealt last year, he won't be dealt this summer.  Forget it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Your obsession with TT is quite disturbing. Do you really believe the bruins would be in the final without his clutch performances?
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

No doubt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I hope you guys remember my post when he gets traded.  Might not be in the summer but it will be before the deadline for sure!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

For those who are saying that I am obsessed with TT the only thing I will say to you is that I am not the one who wrote that story on ESPN. 
    One thing is for sure...If we can read it everyone can including TT himself.  Therefore it is not a very good timing from the ESPN reporter... right before the start of the final!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]   For those who are saying that I am obsessed with TT the only thing I will say to you is that I am not the one who wrote that story on ESPN.  One thing is for sure...If we can read it everyone can including TT himself.  Therefore it is not a very good timing from the ESPN reporter... right before the start of the final!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]
    YAWN............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh good god... we're in the Cup finals, and we STILL get a trade Timmy thead. Really??????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Yeah Kel, the Bruins own the world's best goaltending tandem(all for the low price of 6.25m). Why folks keep suggesting making changes to it is beyond me. PC would need to be blown away by an offer to even consider trading TT now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez & Kev? Take a look at the 3 that's all for this.
    1) IMANIDIOT- The Biggest TT hater of them all. He says he'd take Briere for TT. Well didn't TT stop Briere A LOT in those 4 games? So, we're going to trade "the goalie" who stopped this player A LOT in a play-off series; for this player who was stopped A LOT! Bring this player to the Bruins & take a chance that "the goalie" won't stop Briere A LOT if he's a Bruin? Hello! See why I gave him the name IMANIDIOT

2) Next we have cockadoodledoo- AKA- RMILLER; or a relation! I don't have to give you details.

3) Newfiebullet- The ONE who came on here & went on & on & on about TT's albatross contract. TT so far is the only goalie to bring the B's this far in 21 seasons & he still wants TT traded!!! He wants to talk about albrotross! And this guy is always so worried about the B's contracts & how much money they spend on certain players.

Some of these TT bashers want him to go to a team that he beat in 4 straight games & 7 out of the last 8. They want to trade TT for any of the following players. These players will be facing TT as a Bruin & they ALL make MORE than TT! Here are their total #'s from the last 8 games.

Briere- 28 shots- 2 goals
    Carter- 21 shots- 1 goal
    Richards- 33 shots- 2 goals

So: how will these players be helping out the B's more than TT helps them? I mean I can't change the numbers. The facts are the facts. How does it make sense to trade you're #1 goalie to a team in the same conference; that you would have to face 4 times a season & get by them in the play-offs? When the player; or players even can't score on the guy you traded away & that player makes more money. I mean there's a grand total of 5 goals in 82 shots between the 3 of them. I think paying a Dan Briere 7 million & he can't even hardly score on a guy who was traded who makes 5 million is more than an albrotross!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I hope you guys remember my post when he gets traded.  Might not be in the summer but it will be before the deadline for sure!!

dont worry lucaooo. i remember all of your posts and let me tell u if u are right about thomas being traded before deadline it will be the first time u were right about anything. but u were right about this
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6&plckUserId=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6">
    First: 10/3/2009
    Last: 5/24/2011
    TT is the worst goalie other than BOBO from the Flyers in the east.  You TT lovers are so blind that you are willing to die with TT in the net instead of going fwd with Tukka.  The Bruins have a much better team than last year and last year the Bruins where one win away from the Conference final with Tukka in net!!
    maybe not!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I hope so... and I know so because you just have so much time on your hand...all you do during the day is to go through all the poster's thread to try and put them in contradiction.  I hope it makes you sleep better at night at least.  I am also glad to see that I entertain your life!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]TT was offered to everyone last year and nobody bit. At one point they would have taken a 2nd round pick....As always the case TT proved everyone wrong. Right now I don't see how he can be traded, if they win the Cup i would say it is a certainty he isnt going anywhere. I see his work load being scaled back somewhat next year with the hotter goalie going into the playoffs getting the nod.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

People keep saying this. So Tim Thomas needs to be considered "counted out" before he can play his best?

I fail to see how that is a good quality. Shouldn't you be giving your best all the time regardless of what others think?

Now that Thomas has had a great year will he take it easy in the offseason again just to have a bad year next year so people can count him out again so he can be motivated in the last year of his contract to " prove his doubters" wrong again?

Sorry but I fail to see how that is a good quality. The guy has had a great year & I give him credit for that but regardless of that the Bs have to make a decision after this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]   For those who are saying that I am obsessed with TT the only thing I will say to you is that I am not the one who wrote that story on ESPN.  One thing is for sure...If we can read it everyone can including TT himself.  Therefore it is not a very good timing from the ESPN reporter... right before the start of the final!

u are obsessed with tim thomas though! espn may written that article but u are the one(what a surprise that brought link to the forum in a post) and a matter of fact u started the thread on it too. what difference does it make if tim thomas reads it anyway? u think he didnt know about last summer? it said nothing about tim thimas being traded this summer. what was written before the playoffs started by u is this little nugget. now is this apart of the 95% of things u write that are right????                                                                          
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6&plckUserId=bbb104d9a3865d8c2319c77d491407c6">
    First: 10/3/2009
    Last: 5/30/2011
    Tukka is the future of this team...like it or not.  TT will be on the downfall from now on...the guy is not getting younger.  You will never win in the playoffs with a goalie that swims in is net.  Tukka won his first 2 OT games in the playoffs...Thomas has yet to win an OT game in the playoffs and probably will never win one with his style!!   
    how about tim thomas has won 3 overtime games and 1 double overtime game!!! just this postseason alone!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

for anyone that is suggesting we do trade thomas..i have 1 question for you? have you been watching this playoffs? without thomas the bruins are golfing period end of story...the goalie is the most important piece.....if thomas doesnt stop that 2 on 1 for habs the season is over   and also he is one of our guys we are a family here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]for anyone that is suggesting we do trade thomas..i have 1 question for you? have you been watching this playoffs? without thomas the bruins are golfing period end of story...the goalie is the most important piece.....if thomas doesnt stop that 2 on 1 for habs the season is over   and also he is one of our guys we are a family here
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE] Your turnabout means nothing to us. Once a troll always a troll.

Your like a Rat......if you have only done it once, you're still a Rat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Its a simple business decision.  Thomas is getting older - we have goalies ready to take over so trade him after this year to get max value.  If you ran a team based on emotions and loyalty you will eventually be stuck with an old, expensive, underperforming team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Lets win the Cup 1st--- but when it comes to this scenario:

No to Carter--- don't want or need his contract

For me, the conversation would go something like this:

Unless your willing to trade James Van Reimsdyke (sp?)--- we can talk then--- if not  you guys might want to consider calling some other team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Trade the goalie that got us to the finals. ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The business side: Rask and Thomas make a combines $6.250 mil, which is a steal given the quality of the two goalies. Thomas is signed through 2012-2013. Rask is a RFA after next year.

There is zero chance either get dealt until next year. It COULD happen at the trading deadline, if Rask is playing out of his mind and Boston can get some big pieces in return for Thomas, but likely nothing will be done until after next season when it's time to re-sign Rask.

If Rask falters and his re-sign isn't too expensive, no reason to change anything. If Rask demands a high contract, then of course they will look at moving Thomas...and teams will be highly interested if he still has that 1 year on his contract because it heges their bets at the deadline (re: Kellly/Peverly versus Kaberle).

Stay the course for another year. Re-evaluate at the trading deadline. I agree that Thomas isn't a guy who's going to demand high $$ for the end of his career, so what's to say he doesn't extend at a reasonable rate at the same time the Bruins addrsss Rask's next contract....and the Rask/Thomas combo lasts another 5-6 years...with roles reversing as #1 and backup? No shame in that....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Your turnabout means nothing to us. Once a troll always a troll. Your like a Rat......if you have only done it once, you're still a Rat.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    You're so right Pauly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Its a simple business decision.  Thomas is getting older - we have goalies ready to take over so trade him after this year to get max value.  If you ran a team based on emotions and loyalty you will eventually be stuck with an old, expensive, underperforming team.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE] What if the old man takes us to a cup....would you dare move him? Think Roloson.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The business side: Rask and Thomas make a combines $6.250 mil, which is a steal given the quality of the two goalies. Thomas is signed through 2012-2013. Rask is a RFA after next year. There is zero chance either get dealt until next year. It COULD happen at the trading deadline, if Rask is playing out of his mind and Boston can get some big pieces in return for Thomas, but likely nothing will be done until after next season when it's time to re-sign Rask. If Rask falters and his re-sign isn't too expensive, no reason to change anything. If Rask demands a high contract, then of course they will look at moving Thomas...and teams will be highly interested if he still has that 1 year on his contract because it heges their bets at the deadline (re: Kellly/Peverly versus Kaberle). Stay the course for another year. Re-evaluate at the trading deadline. I agree that Thomas isn't a guy who's going to demand high $$ for the end of his career, so what's to say he doesn't extend at a reasonable rate at the same time the Bruins addrsss Rask's next contract....and the Rask/Thomas combo lasts another 5-6 years...with roles reversing as #1 and backup? No shame in that....
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Asmaha, what you've written makes a lot of sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

All personal feelings aside, because I admire Thomas as a story and love what he has given this team. Im a HUGE fan. But if.. huge IF.. the Bruins were looking to move him, it definitely would not be for a salary swap OR a player over the age of 30. Whats the point?

The Bruins were 16 goals from being the highest scoring team in the NHL. Hopefully that number only goes up with Seguin/Marchand/other rookies development.
    Jeff Carter. Pass.
    The object of the game in the salary cap era is getting younger, more skilled AND cheaper.

Lets go BRUINS!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would tell Philly its Carter for TT ...or nothing

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]I could not be that disloyal to even talk of trading Thomas right now. We haven't been to the finals since'90. Isn't winning the Cup even once in our (my) adult life what its all about? Let's stop this crap for at least a few weeks!
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]

These are the malcontents. You can't change them and they will never be happy with what they have in front of them at any given time.