Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

If Savard does the right thing (for him) and retires, wouldn't the money TT earns—yes, earns—be less of a business consideration?

Given his record, won't Timmy have enough fire in the belly to prove his "he's-too-old" critics wrong—again?

Besides, I'm not sold on Tuukka Rask as a No. 1 goalie. During the Philly series two years ago, he was the most exciting player on the ice, for all the wrong reasons.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Why would you trade him to a leading contender in the East? Just doesn't make sense. Would you want to play TT and Philly in Round 2 or 3 next year? I don't think so. If they have to send him anywhere, I would have said to Chicago for Campbell, but Chicago just signed Crawford. All I know is that if you are going to trade him, he has to go West. But, as I've said many times, why anyone would want to break up this tandum is beyond me. You have a lot of good young talent coming up the pipe, so you can wait on a trade. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

You trade him for the greatest return ! Chiarelli traded Kessel to Toronto, and we will be playing Toronto/Kessel in a few years time and they will be a better team than they are today.  We just have to stay better than Philly (even if they do have Thomas in goal). Carter would be a great addition to our team, so long as everyone keeps their wives away from this guy !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]The business side: Rask and Thomas make a combines $6.250 mil, which is a steal given the quality of the two goalies. Thomas is signed through 2012-2013. Rask is a RFA after next year. There is zero chance either get dealt until next year. It COULD happen at the trading deadline, if Rask is playing out of his mind and Boston can get some big pieces in return for Thomas, but likely nothing will be done until after next season when it's time to re-sign Rask. If Rask falters and his re-sign isn't too expensive, no reason to change anything. If Rask demands a high contract, then of course they will look at moving Thomas...and teams will be highly interested if he still has that 1 year on his contract because it heges their bets at the deadline (re: Kellly/Peverly versus Kaberle). Stay the course for another year. Re-evaluate at the trading deadline. I agree that Thomas isn't a guy who's going to demand high $$ for the end of his career, so what's to say he doesn't extend at a reasonable rate at the same time the Bruins addrsss Rask's next contract....and the Rask/Thomas combo lasts another 5-6 years...with roles reversing as #1 and backup? No shame in that....
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I agree about staying the course for another year but I am not sure it is realistic to think the Rask/Thomas combo survives another 5-6 years.Hopefully Rask elevates his game next year and the two split the duties .I think TT can play at the same level for another year or two but beyond that who knows??Then again if Roloson can play well at 41, I guess there is no reason TT can't do the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Lets win the Cup 1st--- but when it comes to this scenario: No to Carter--- don't want or need his contract For me, the conversation would go something like this: Unless your willing to trade James Van Reimsdyke (sp?)--- we can talk then--- if not  you guys might want to consider calling some other team.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

So glad you're not the Boston manager...nothing would ever get done with that approach.  37 yr old Thomas for 26 year old Carter (40 + goals/year) and you say take a walk?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Asmaha, what you've written makes a lot of sense.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dez , these posters with great communication skills do not need your apporval on everything they write! Contribute with your ideas and thoughts. Everyone has a right to their opinion , and so do you !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Dez & Kev? Take a look at the 3 that's all for this. 1) IMANIDIOT- The Biggest TT hater of them all. He says he'd take Briere for TT. Well didn't TT stop Briere A LOT in those 4 games? So, we're going to trade "the goalie" who stopped this player A LOT in a play-off series; for this player who was stopped A LOT! Bring this player to the Bruins & take a chance that "the goalie" won't stop Briere A LOT if he's a Bruin? Hello! See why I gave him the name IMANIDIOT .!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Your obsession with me is a little disturbing.  I havent posted a thing about Thomas in quite awhile.  Really, get some help.

I posted in a thread that has over 50 replies, and my only comment was, I'd rather have Briere than Carter.  Many people have posted similar opinions about the thread topic.

Think about gettting some meds, or just block me if I make you irrational.

Regarding the topic, it would simply be stupid to trade any key player, including Thomas, to a division rival, especially one with a gaping hole in the crease.  If we did, I'd rather have Briere than Carter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Dez , these posters with great communication skills do not need your apporval on everything they write! Contribute with your ideas and thoughts. Everyone has a right to their opinion , and so do you !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    If you can't see the irony in what you've written then..................my opinion is that I find it very irritating the way you constantly try to correct other people's OPINIONS. I don't need your tips on how to relate to other posters. What are you, the George Costanza of this forum? Constantly suggesting an improvement to a situation that isn't in need of repair...........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

By the way, I think Philly would be nuts for considering Bryzgalov. Talk about incredibly overrated goaltenders... this guy was a softie waiting to happen against Detroit. 

I think they should try to pry Nabokov away from NYI because he doesnt want any part of being there, although he didnt get it done in SJ either.

And Tampa, with as much as they got out of Roloson, might need to re-load there, too.  Smiith didnt get the job done this year, and Rollie is going to be 42?

A year ago, teams were running away from goalies who made any money at all, and this year not so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PePereDick. Show PePereDick's posts

In Response to Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]It was brought by me long time ago that TT has been on the block and will be on the block again.  Now here's an ESPN article.  I hope the lovers don't start cring because of that.. http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/insider/news/story?id=6603632&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fplayoffs%2f2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6603632
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Let us not forget the biggest hurdle in trading Tim Thomas.

He has a NO TRADE clause in his contract !  He would have to approve any trade to any team. Which I believe would leave out the sucky teams. The B's are limited here to where Thomas "wants to play".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : So glad you're not the Boston manager...nothing would ever get done with that approach.  37 yr old Thomas for 26 year old Carter (40 + goals/year) and you say take a walk?
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    I happen to agree with the OP, no to Jeff Carter. You generally trade from position of strength for a position to which you are weak. Could we use a guy that once scored 40 goals next year? Sure, who couldn't. But by getting Carter, not only do we become weaker in goal. (Our position of strength now becomes a potential liability) But who do we move or move permanently to the 3rd line to fit him in? Krejci? Lucic? Horton? Bergeron? Marchand? Seguin?
    Personally, I'd want an even younger guy, a draft pick, and the cap relief. I see this move as subtraction by addition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miikka. Show Miikka's posts

I think if the bruins win the cup, timmy another vezina and maybe even the conn smythe award, he will retire. think about it, he would be on the top of his career and there is nothing more that he could accomplish. would be the perfect ending

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]I think if the bruins win the cup, timmy another vezina and maybe even the conn smythe award, he will retire. think about it, he would be on the top of his career and there is nothing more that he could accomplish. would be the perfect ending
    Posted by Miikka[/QUOTE]
    Except leaving nearly $10 million on the table that he has to make up for from his 20's and early 30's when he was battling to get to the NHL.. other than that.. why not? :P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Every off-season decision begins with Savard. Depending on how that turns out, the other chips will fall (including goaltending).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Some interesting comments so far. 
    A big change from some of the posters who are only here to attack others.  Those posters were probably the bullies in high school and they think that they will make it in the real world keeping the same attitude. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Some interesting comments so far.  A big change from some of the posters who are only here to attack others.  Those posters were probably the bullies in high school and they think that they will make it in the real world keeping the same attitude. 
    ......or to paraphrase.........why does everybody pick on me?............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : ......or to paraphrase.........why does everybody pick on me?............
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And let me paraphrase you also why all the blind TT lover pick on me??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : And let me paraphrase you also why all the blind TT lover pick on me??
    How could a "blind" person know what you've written?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Carter WOULD NOT be enough for TT. It would have to start with JVR and go up from there.

End of discussion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miikka. Show Miikka's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Except leaving nearly $10 million on the table that he has to make up for from his 20's and early 30's when he was battling to get to the NHL.. other than that.. why not? :P
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

money isn´t everything. see rafalski.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : money isn´t everything. see rafalski.
    Posted by Miikka[/QUOTE]
    Rafalski has been in the league since 1999, making his money. Youre right, money isnt everything but my point was Thomas is not likely to leave that kind of money on the table having not played in the NHL as a starter until he was 32 years old.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]for anyone that is suggesting we do trade thomas..i have 1 question for you? have you been watching this playoffs? without thomas the bruins are golfing period end of story...the goalie is the most important piece.....if thomas doesnt stop that 2 on 1 for habs the season is over   and also he is one of our guys we are a family here
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Yes but what if we trade TT for Phyllis Kessel?? Tell me you didn't just c.um in your pants a lil!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

How about this...WHEN the season is over, I'll trust PC to make proper moves to keep this team at or above the current level.

But for now this thread is a bust from a known troll, screaming "you'll see, you'll see"!!. If the B's lose to Vancouver can you imagine how many threads this maroon will start about how TT sunk them and how right he was all along?

At least Soxfan can talk hockey and admits Thomas is having a great run and not badmouthing him for the sake of doing so. Lucaloser? not so much. I swear he is RMiller87.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]How about this...WHEN the season is over, I'll trust PC to make proper moves to keep this team at or above the current level. But for now this thread is a bust from a known troll, screaming "you'll see, you'll see"!!. If the B's lose to Vancouver can you imagine how many threads this maroon will start about how TT sunk them and how right he was all along? At least Soxfan can talk hockey and admits Thomas is having a great run and not badmouthing him for the sake of doing so. Lucaloser? not so much. I swear he is RMiller87.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

great post obie!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

That is right my friend if the Bs lose the final because of TT I will make it a personnal thing and I am going to make sure TT leaves this team once and for all!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Unless he wants to Thomas isn't going anywhere until next year.  He has a NMC/NTC as another poster already made note of.  Thus people can speculate all they want but luc you might be stuck with the guy, too bad...

Sections
Shortcuts