Philly fans are p#ssed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Philly fans are p#ssed

In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, I totally missed that deal. Betting the bank on Bryz? And this idea of paying a goalie a billion dollars for the next 50 years, haven't a couple of teams tried that already?  As I recall it didn't work out so well.  I know this much, Tyler beat him like a rented mule on practically his first nhl shot or certainly first nhl breakaway. Happy to help. Not only did they pay him that ridiculous contract, but they busted up a Stanley Cup Finals team (12 months prior) to accommodate his salary. I don't see The Cup in their future.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]
    What they busted up was a team that got thouroughly trounced by the eventual champs.They were 1 goal away from being swept 12 months ago too so it's not like he broke up a team on the upswing.What he did was gamble on trying to improve the team now before the downslide spirals out of control. Will it work? Who knows. What we do know is the Flyers weren't championship caliber as they stood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good points dez and let's not forget they were an OT loss away from even making the playoffs in 2010.  There's a lot of B.S. going on down there and I give Holmgren credit for trying to flush it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good points dez and let's not forget they were an OT loss away from even making the playoffs in 2010.  There's a lot of B.S. going on down there and I give Holmgren credit for trying to flush it out.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Hang, I know quite a few Flyer fans and most of them disliked Richards as the captain/leader.His attitude left alot to be desired. While losing to Boston this year wasn't his fault, Richards did very little to give them a chance to win. Neither he nor Pronger did anything in the series. Only one of them had an excuse for it though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

"On the good side, thats one less team to worry about on our way to Cup 2."...Good point but I prefer to think of the next one as Cup #7. GO BRUINS!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Flyers trading Carter/Richards = Bruins Trading Begeron/Krejic.... I just dont see how its justified.  Plus they were just a tweek or two from the cup just dont get it.  I live in philly and all my friends are trying to rationalize the trade some see them going for richards or even stamkoes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]...didnt luongo once have a ridiculous deal on the isle???
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Is three years, $2.775 (total) ridiculous?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed : That's what they say over at HF, but I'm not entirely sure.  I can't wait to see what Nino does.  I also wasn't be combative.  It's all opinion on this one!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

good call on Nino,he is nasty, also interested to see how Jack Campbell pans out but for some reason everything about Carter Ashtons game impresses me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed : What they busted up was a team that got thouroughly trounced by the eventual champs.They were 1 goal away from being swept 12 months ago too so it's not like he broke up a team on the upswing.What he did was gamble on trying to improve the team now before the downslide spirals out of control. Will it work? Who knows. What we do know is the Flyers weren't championship caliber as they stood.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The injuries they had were very prominant in us sweeping Philly.  Look at the guys who had surgery and look at who they missed (pronger-carter).  Upswing, they are very young, they went to a game 6 in the cup final.  I really think you are off base on this one.  At the start of the season they were one of the odds on favorite to return to the cup.  Had they been healthy they would have been a lot bigger challenge.  Factor in anytype of goaltending as well.
    So I ask you this, had Boston lost to Van in 6 this year and had a so so year and lost to the eventual champs in an injury riddled season would you wanna trade Lucic and Bergie? 
    And just for fun, let me ask...even though I know your answer.  Who would you rather have.  Richards/Carter or Lucic/Bergie.  I just placed a spicey meatball on your plate.  Enjoy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Richards/Carter or Lucic/Bergie.  I just placed a spicey meatball on your plate."

That would be tough the numbers point to Richards/Carter but the banner points to Lucic/Bergie...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]"Richards/Carter or Lucic/Bergie.  I just placed a spicey meatball on your plate." That would be tough the numbers point to Richards/Carter but the banner points to Lucic/Bergie...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I would agree San, but as a fan wouldnt you be outside you mind if they traded Bergie and Lucic and received potential, some euro, a 3rd line 15 goal scorer and a pick.  I know I would be. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Abd for the record.  I would want Bergie and Lucic.  Richards is one of my favorites.  But I think Bergie is on the verge of great things.  Richards will continue his 30-30 and be an absolute heart and sould guy.  I never really liked Carter and I think the Lucic factor is just too strong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed : I would agree San, but as a fan wouldnt you be outside you mind if they traded Bergie and Lucic and received potential, some euro, a 3rd line 15 goal scorer and a pick.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Philly fanatics are blinded more so that rabid Red Sox fans. What percentage have seen Simmonds or Voracek play ? 5% or 15% or don't think Van Riemsdyk, Giroux or Leino's goal production won't go up with more TOI ? Flyer fans aren't the brightest!

Holmgren did this to himself as Chiarelli did in 10' not manage the cap well so he had to shake it up. Now he gets Hamilton or Murphy maybe...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sean Couturier Drummondville Voltigeurs  QMJHL  58  36 60  96

Holmgren should tell Philly fanatics to buzz off!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed : Philly fanatics are blinded more so that rabid Red Sox fans. What percentage have seen Simmonds or Voracek play ? 5% or 15% or don't think Van Riemsdyk, Giroux or Leino's goal production won't go up with more TOI ? Flyer fans aren't the brightest! Holmgren did this to himself as Chiarelli did in 10' not manage the cap well so he had to shake it up. Now he gets Hamilton or Murphy maybe...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Voracek is a good talent and Simmonds is better than I am giving him credit for.  But when you trade a guy like Richards it just drains the heart of a team and its fans.  But Philly will always spend and they have some nice pieces moving fwd

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

SanDog, agreed. I LOVE this kid and think he'll be a fantastic pro. I must admit, I was really pi$$ed off when Philly took him, as I wanted him to come to Boston. But I'm happy we got Dougie, and look forward to him possibly making the team next year when Johnny "the bumb" Boychuk's contract is up and he heads out of town.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

rumor is that Richards is bit of a partier (has been warned more than once)...likes to party down on the shore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]rumor is that Richards is bit of a partier (has been warned more than once)...likes to party down on the shore.
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

rumor has it most nhl players are party guys.  i know if I made 5 mil/year and was 26yr old athlete I would party a lot as well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly fans are p#ssed : rumor has it most nhl players are party guys.  i know if I made 5 mil/year and was 26yr old athlete I would party a lot as well. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Hell, yeah, shupe.  I do recall Dreiger mentioning something a long time ago of a alleged rift on their team between some younger players led by Richards and Carter vs another bunch sprinkled with some vets backed by Pronger.  Apparentely had something to do with how the R & C guys were conductiing themselves.  You probably heard that one, too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Abd for the record.  I would want Bergie and Lucic.  Richards is one of my favorites.  But I think Bergie is on the verge of great things.  Richards will continue his 30-30 and be an absolute heart and sould guy.  I never really liked Carter and I think the Lucic factor is just too strong. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe, thanks for answering for me. I agree with what you just said although it would've taken me longer to say it.I love Bergeron and Lucic and I hate Richards. Carter is a pansy for his size. That is all.