Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL

According to TSN's Bob Mackenzie "PHI puts Michael Leighton on re-entry waivers."  If unclaimed then Leighton would be eligible to play for Philly the rest of the year and the playoffs.  If he is claimed then he would not be eligible to play the rest of the year nor the playoffs.  If he is claimed then the claiming team would be on the hook for half of his $1.6 M salary and $1.55 M cap hit.

Question is:  Does Boston put a claim on him just in case no one else does to stick it to Philly so they don't have him for the playoffs and as we saw last year, he got them to the cup finals.  Then next season we could either trade him or demote him to the AHL where if claimed I would assume we would be on the hook for half of his remaining contract or 400K.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL

I don't understand why Philly didn't wait till the playoffs started ? Why risk having a rival grab him unless Holmgren made an under the table deal/promise to work something out down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand why Philly didn't wait till the playoffs started ? Why risk having a rival grab him unless Holmgren made an under the table deal/promise to work something out down the road.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I'd snap him up if I was GM of the Caps.He's a seasoned veteran compared to their alternatives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Maybe Holmgren does want someone to snag him. The Flyers are in a world of hurt cap-wise next year so maybe this is part of a strategy. There are more then a few teams that could use him....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Philly recalls Michael Leighton from AHL : I'd snap him up if I was GM of the Caps.He's a seasoned veteran compared to their alternatives.Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure if I were Mcphee I would grab him heck if I were Yzerman I would.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

SanDog: neither of those teams can use him if they claim him until next year so it does not help them in the immediate. I would think a team like Colorado, Edm, or Ottawa would take a crack at him for half price.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Micheal Leighton doesn't scare me enough to put a claim on him.

Sections
Shortcuts