Pierre LeBrun: "Boston one of 4 EC teams interested in Perry"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Pierre LeBrun: "Boston one of 4 EC teams interested in Perry"

Interesting comment to say the least by Pierre. Perry is definetely an impact player that would put the Bruins over the top. However, a deal of such magnitude would require steep sacrafice.

Such deal would require the Bruins to give up David Krejci (ANA looking for 2nd-line center)+a top prospect and possibly a 1st rd pick. Very high price for a very highly regarded young sniper in his prime.

Tough call on this deal, Perry is a UFA and the B's would have to be almost certain they can find a way to fit him under their current salary structure. 

This could go without saiying, but theres no doubt that Perry, if available, will be the hottest ticket this up coming trade deadline.

Other teams mentioned were PITT / PHI / TOR.

Would you pull the trigger?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Pierre LeBrun:

nope

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No. I think we need 3rd or 4th line help and/or 3rd D pair help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci + any prospect + a pick for Corey Perry?

ALL DAY*

Other teams interested in Corey Perry:

All of them.

* Extension under $7M/yr for 3 years agreed to in principle before trade happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Last year it was Krejci for Ryan and now it is for Perry. Samueli is cheap, he has plenty of cap space to lock up Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf but he won't do it so now Murray might have to do something. I would never break those 3 up.

The way Krejci is playing I wouldn't give him up in any deal. Perry can score but he can't score, pass nor play combo defense like Krejci. The Ducks would be so much better if Samueli would spend just a little more, doesn't have to be to the cap ceiling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Last year it was Krejci for Ryan and now it is for Perry. Samueli is cheap, he has plenty of cap space to lock up Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf but he won't do it so now Murray might have to do something. I would never break those 3 up.

The way Krejci is playing I wouldn't give him up in any deal. Perry can score but he can't score, pass nor play combo defense like Krejci. The Ducks would be so much better if Samueli would spend just a little more, doesn't have to be to the cap ceiling.

I'm on board with this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm on board with this.

True enough because DK is a bargain if he can stay healthy and maintain his level of play for a full season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm on board with this.

True enough because DK is a bargain if he can stay healthy and maintain his level of play for a full season.

For sure Dez, not to mention he is well liked by his teamates and fits into CJ's system well. He hasn't been injury prone so far, the Richards & Oshie hits notwithstanding and if he can add consistency to his game he is a keeper at that price.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Not a chance do Bruins need help on third line yes,maybee even on forth but,i wouldn't make that trade 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Are the Ducks trying to Kill the franchise?  The Ducks have missed the playoff for a couple years and have started the year 13-3-1.  I can not see Perry being traded until after the playoffs if at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think Perry will end up in Boston but it's becoming pretty clear that PC is doing what we would hope the GM would do. He's very active and looking at all possible options to improve the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Everyone has their own opinions, and everyone is entitled to them, but I honestly cannot believe that you guys would want to hang onto Krejci instead of trading him for the Hart and Richard trophy winner from two seasons ago.

Perry plays tough, scores and passes.

I am a Krejci fan, but I see Perry as a major upgrade.

Which means it will never happen.  I would be floored if the B's broke either of the top two lines.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Return on your cap hit is imperative in today's game. Pitt has a cap hit of 17.4 for just Crosby and Malkin this season. That's what PC is shelling out for Krejci, along with Bergeron, Marchand, and Lucic. Swapping out DK and prospects for Perry would throw the payroll way out of whack and I don't know if the return would be worth it. Krejci is very good at a reasonable money and there's good chance it'll take 8+ to sign Perry long term.  I'd rather keep DK for 2 more seasons at his current rate provided he can maintain his game long term.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't get the math - other than as a rental, can the B's afford him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't get me wrong Perry is an incredible talent, I watch him live all the time. Also another point I thought about is how much Lucic and Horton's production is tied to Krejci.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oddly enough, they have identical numbers right now, though Krejci has played fewer games. 

I don't think you'll see Perry win another Richard or Hart.  He'll be a solid 30 goal for most of his career.  In Boston, the way Julien rolls the lines, he might be a 27-32 goal guy.  Great player in a lot of ways as NAS says, so I wouldn't cry if he was a Bruin, and if I think it through - Lucic-Seguin-Horton; Marchand-Bergeron-Perry?  That sounds pretty good.

They're talking about this on SportsNet (god they are dumb on SportsNet) and Spector listed the Laffs, Senioritas, and ... well, I lost the third, but it wasn't the Bruins.  Keenan called the idea of teh Ducks trading Perry stupid.  Spector echoes NAS's point that if Perry were available, everyone's interested.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Krejci and a prospect for Perry... Sure , if that prospect is Hamilton....come on guys this isn't fantasy hockey... I expect Murray to eventually trade one of the 3.. But my guess is it will be Ryan... Anything else and it is franchise suicide... Anaheim can get a nice return for Ryan and add depth to their lineup with two or three players coming back...

BTW Perry and Getzlaf have 6 pts tonite against Rinne and not even half way thru the second...these guys are good ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Many of you have good arguments either way. Not too sound far-fetched but if ANA offered Bobby Ryan to the Bruins for Spooner, Caron and 1st & 2nd and then move Krejci to Phoenix for Yandle would anyone approve of that?

Point is, If PC really wants a top-4 D-men or top-6 forward he's going to have to give up something good off the roster.

For one, i would not count out the possibility of Horton being moved due to him being a UFA (Dont think B's will re-sign) and also a player like Peverly who is under-achieving and could do well on a more offensive oriented team like the Av's / Oilers / ..or teams like Nashville or Detroit who could use some speed on the outside.

Anywho, im very interested in what transpires here in the next few weeks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

BTW Perry and Getzlaf have 6 pts tonite against Rinne and not even half way thru the second...these guys are good ...

Samueli has Billions becuase of some of his innovative patents but can't figure out that keeping all three will grow his fanbase even more. He's like the owner of the Charlestown Chiefs "eh it's just a tax right off, what do i care".

There is also the possibility Perry and his agent told Murray they are testing free agency.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

What if PC is just feigning interest to drive up the price? Just seems like there have been countless rumors with ANA with no deal ever happening.

You could technically fit Perry in but Horton and Krejic would be gone (Krejic in a trade, Horton next year). Don't know if that makes the Bs a better team down the road as I haven't seen Perry enough to appreciate his talent. I.e. is he worth 2 top 6 guys?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Krejci and a prospect for Perry... Sure , if that prospect is Hamilton....come on guys this isn't fantasy hockey... I expect Murray to eventually trade one of the 3.. But my guess is it will be Ryan... Anything else and it is franchise suicide... Anaheim can get a nice return for Ryan and add depth to their lineup with two or three players coming back...

Hamilton isn't a prospect in my world.

What is franchise suicide?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Bruins fans are idiots, u don't break up one of  the best teams in the league for a rental. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Bruins fans are idiots, u don't break up one of  the best teams in the league for a rental. 

Two things about this post:

1.  If you're name is "BostonBruinss" and you are posting on a Bruins discussion board, doesn't that make you a Bruins fan?  If so, according to your post, you're an idiot.

2.  I said with a contract extension.  No one else touched on it, but no one else stated that they woud want him to walk, either.  In fact, many are disuccing the cap hit going forward, which implies a re-signed player.

Conclusion:  Bruins fans are not idiots, but you are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Two things about this post:

1. If you're name is "BostonBruinss" and you are posting on a Bruins discussion board, doesn't that make you a Bruins fan? If so, according to your post, you're an idiot.

2. I said with a contract extension. No one else touched on it, but no one else stated that they woud want him to walk, either. In fact, many are disuccing the cap hit going forward, which implies a re-signed player.

Conclusion: Bruins fans are not idiots, but you are"

You were arguing the exact opposite of this recently. Take a couple of plays off.

Sections
Shortcuts