Pierre LeBrun: "Boston one of 4 EC teams interested in Perry"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Pierre LeBrun:

I was arguing that Bruins fans are idiots?  There certainly are some posters here who are incredibly clueless, but I'm sure I never made any blanket statements like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And I would argue that some Bruins fans ARE idiots. Of course, that's when the clueless part comes into play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

NO DEAL

we need. 3rd line player ....Iginla would be a great fit , Ryder would have been great....I stll dont understand why we let go Pouliot at $1mm was cheap....OMG if only I would be the GM ...this team would be unbeatable....

Perry is a great talent but Krejci as well. ...one on one I would seriously consider it but Krejci + a prospect + a draft pick ....NO WAY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ha ! Talk about something and look what happens. ^^^

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Interesting comment to say the least by Pierre. Perry is definetely an impact player that would put the Bruins over the top. However, a deal of such magnitude would require steep sacrafice.

Such deal would require the Bruins to give up David Krejci (ANA looking for 2nd-line center)+a top prospect and possibly a 1st rd pick. Very high price for a very highly regarded young sniper in his prime.

Tough call on this deal, Perry is a UFA and the B's would have to be almost certain they can find a way to fit him under their current salary structure. 

This could go without saiying, but theres no doubt that Perry, if available, will be the hottest ticket this up coming trade deadline.

Other teams mentioned were PITT / PHI / TOR.

Would you pull the trigger?

Again, adding by subtraction cannot as you say "put the B's over the top".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wow! Cory Perry as a Bruin. I see both sides to the arguement. DK is playing his most consisitent hockey of his career right now. He's a play-off performer & he actually comes cheap. I like how the B's don't wrap themselves around 1 or 3 guys. But Cory Perry?? The guy's a stud. If this is true at all. I'd be having some sleepless nites if Iwas PC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Interesting comment to say the least by Pierre. Perry is definetely an impact player that would put the Bruins over the top. However, a deal of such magnitude would require steep sacrafice.

Such deal would require the Bruins to give up David Krejci (ANA looking for 2nd-line center)+a top prospect and possibly a 1st rd pick. Very high price for a very highly regarded young sniper in his prime.

Tough call on this deal, Perry is a UFA and the B's would have to be almost certain they can find a way to fit him under their current salary structure. 

This could go without saiying, but theres no doubt that Perry, if available, will be the hottest ticket this up coming trade deadline.

teams that build around 1 specific or even 2 superstars generally dont fare well...see washington capitals

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Bruins fans are idiots, u don't break up one of  the best teams in the league for a rental. 

Two things about this post:

1.  If you're name is "BostonBruinss" and you are posting on a Bruins discussion board, doesn't that make you a Bruins fan?  If so, according to your post, you're an idiot.

2.  I said with a contract extension.  No one else touched on it, but no one else stated that they woud want him to walk, either.  In fact, many are disuccing the cap hit going forward, which implies a re-signed player.

Conclusion:  Bruins fans are not idiots, but you are.

I just can't stand all this trade this trade that talk when we are arguably the best team in the league. Krejci anchors the first line and Im not willing the risk the teams chemisty or production on the idea that Perry might be a good fit in Boston. I like the team we have now and why shouldn't I. The only line that needs work is the 3rd line and lately they seem to be coming around. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I still find it hard to believe the Ducks would have Perry on the block only a year removed from the Hart.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:

Again, adding by subtraction cannot as you say "put the B's over the top".

I wasnt talking about the actual deal, more in terms of having an impact player on your team without giving up too much. Obviously the price is steep and why it's a conflict of interest at the end of the day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

teams that build around 1 specific or even 2 superstars generally dont fare well...see washington capitals

Kane+Towes

Malkin+Crosby

Sedins+Luango

Thorton+Marleau

Datsyuk+Zetterberg

Ovechkin+Backstrom

Are all teams with heavily devoted contracts to two superstars and have been consistently making deep runs, if not, winning the cup.

Boston is just an exception and speaks volumes to the job of the front office on structuring a balanced team who are a defensive minded and have great goal-tending. The only other team that had a similar makeup and won the Stanley Cup was New Jersey.

I know what you are saying, just feel you may be in the minority in your argument as history contraditcs your theory.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Going back to the lines I suggested earlier - from a team perspective, you're asking if Seguin will be able to get as much or more out of Lucic and Horton; will Seguin produce as much or more than Krejci if moved to centre; will Perry outperform Seguin as the RW on the 1A line with Bergeron.

I'm hard pressed not to say yes to all of these.  Lucic and Seguin in particular have shown bursts of great chemistry, and Lucic and Horton have as well.  Plus, Lucic has been much better at looking to pass this year and Seguin is, on the whole, a better shooter than Krejci.

But as always, this gets into what else are you giving up.  The Bruins need help on the 3rd and 4th lines right now because they have zero prospects ready to fill those roles.  Zilch.  That might change with Spooner next year, but he's clearly their best forward prospect and so the guy most likely to be packaged up.  Khokhlachev maybe or Subban I guess.  So you'd be perpetuating the need for a fiscally responsible solution to the third line's issues AND creating potential cap issues with Perry's new deal.  The first rounder is also nothign to sneeze at, even if it is in the high 20s or hopefully 30th.  The prospect cupboard isn't bare, but the pickings are slim.  That's a lot of complications to land Perry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Kane+Towes

Malkin+Crosby

Sedins+Luango

Thorton+Marleau

Datsyuk+Zetterberg

Ovechkin+Backstrom

Are all teams with heavily devoted contracts to two superstars and have been consistently making deep runs, if not, winning the cup.

Boston is just an exception and speaks volumes to the job of the front office on structuring a balanced team who are a defensive minded and have great goal-tending. The only other team that had a similar makeup and won the Stanley Cup was New Jersey.

I know what you are saying, just feel you may be in the minority in your argument as history contraditcs your theory.

some of those examples you listed have far more than just the two superstars, ex. pittsburgh also has Neal and Letang, sharks are a playoff fail every year and Detroit has far more than those 2 players too, chicago also has duncan keith, patrick sharp etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Kane+Towes

Malkin+Crosby

Sedins+Luango

Thorton+Marleau

Datsyuk+Zetterberg

Ovechkin+Backstrom

I'm not sure you can cut the lists like you have.

Kane-Sharp-Toews-Hossa - I count 4 for Chicago. You could argue, Seabrook and Keith too.

Malkin-Crosby-Letang - I count at least 3 for Pitt.

Sedins (that's 2)-Kesler-Luongo? Sure why not. Thats 4.

Thornton-Marleau-Couture - That's 3 for SJ.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Kronwall-Howard - 4 for Detroit.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Green (pre-injury)-Semin (until this year) - That's 5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji is too sharp in all areas of the game to give him away for anyone. Perry is a solid talent, but That's not what is needed to fill in this current Bruins team and Claude's system. Fix the bottom two lines and be prepared to upgrade Ference and even Seidenberg as their age and past injuries start to erode their skills. McQuaid and Hamilton need skilled and experienced partners so they can both progress without picking up bad habits. In addition, the 3rd and 4th lines need to be more solid and effective, as the bruins replace their current defense when necessary. The Bruins can no longer afford to carry unskilled or minimally skilled players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Unless a long-term deal can be struck with Perry or any other pending UFA, no need to trade ANY current top-6 Bruins player for a rental. PC should be able to find depth without messing those top 6. If anyone, it would be Horton who goes and I don't see why he would do that. Plus, some of these guys might be around to sign in the off-season, if PC really thinks he can do better than re-signing his own in Horton, Ference and Khudobin:

Semin Iginla Elias Backstrom Visnovsky Gonchar Perry Getzlaf Ribeiro Thomas Alfredsson Connolly McDonald Jagr Selanne Hainsey Morrow Streit Bouchard Antropov Regehr Roy Horton Whitney Zidlicky Koivu Cervenka Khabibulin Clowe Lombardi Gagne Ryder Cullen Hamrlik Scuderi Zubrus Penner MacArthur Weiss Leopold Filppula Lydman Poti White Cleary Nabokov Clarkson Sullivan Prospal Handzus Murray Babchuk Malhotra Raymond Smid Ference Howard Aucoin Hejduk Latendresse Smith Corvo Rozsival Pardy Higgins O'Byrne Ponikarovsky Cooke Torres Fedotenko Sutton Walker Larose Santorelli Wellwood Mason Dupuis Jones Bozak Bouillon Langenbrunner Theodore Fistric Kovalev Nystrom Miettinen Brunner Reasoner Gordon Garon Hecht Labarbera Kobasew Clitsome Comeau Alberts Richardson Budaj Emery Lundin Steckel Shelley Boyes Hannan Lapierre Redden Armstrong Crombeen Nilstorp Orr Bergeron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Last year it was Krejci for Ryan and now it is for Perry. Samueli is cheap, he has plenty of cap space to lock up Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf but he won't do it so now Murray might have to do something. I would never break those 3 up.

The way Krejci is playing I wouldn't give him up in any deal. Perry can score but he can't score, pass nor play combo defense like Krejci. The Ducks would be so much better if Samueli would spend just a little more, doesn't have to be to the cap ceiling.

Agree on all counts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Last year it was Krejci for Ryan and now it is for Perry. Samueli is cheap, he has plenty of cap space to lock up Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf but he won't do it so now Murray might have to do something. I would never break those 3 up.

The way Krejci is playing I wouldn't give him up in any deal. Perry can score but he can't score, pass nor play combo defense like Krejci. The Ducks would be so much better if Samueli would spend just a little more, doesn't have to be to the cap ceiling.

I'm on board with this.

True enough because DK is a bargain if he can stay healthy and maintain his level of play for a full season.

Good point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Kane-Sharp-Toews-Hossa - I count 4 for Chicago. You could argue, Seabrook and Keith too.

I'd add Bieksa to Van - he stirs the drink there in many ways

Add Neal to Pitts.

Why is SJ in this converstaion? And until this year the Wings also had Lidstrom, so that success goes way beyond the two or even four mentioned so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Everyone has their own opinions, and everyone is entitled to them, but I honestly cannot believe that you guys would want to hang onto Krejci instead of trading him for the Hart and Richard trophy winner from two seasons ago.

Perry plays tough, scores and passes.

I am a Krejci fan, but I see Perry as a major upgrade.

Which means it will never happen.  I would be floored if the B's broke either of the top two lines.

3 yrs of krejci at a cap friendly deal for 1 yr of perry.  Cap is going way down next year, it will be hard to retain Perry.

Im interested in Perry, but not for Krejci.

Adam McQuaid, 2 first round picks, a second round pick, and Caron?

All day

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I wonder how much trade value Subban has.  We have a lot of young goalie depth in the system, and I would imagine that we will do what we need to do to retain Rask.

Subban , if he has a lot of value, could be part of a package.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd rather send away Hutchinson or Volden or Svedberg. I don't think I spelled the last 2 right, but for some reason I like Subban.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Kane+Towes

Malkin+Crosby

Sedins+Luango

Thorton+Marleau

Datsyuk+Zetterberg

Ovechkin+Backstrom

I'm not sure you can cut the lists like you have.

Im countering what the argument of teams having two superstars who are highly payed. You are stating the obvious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kane+Towes

Malkin+Crosby

Sedins+Luango

Thorton+Marleau

Datsyuk+Zetterberg

Ovechkin+Backstrom

Chicago also boasts a Norris winner.

Pitt won when Crosby and Malkin weren't splitting 17.4m

Det had much more than Dats and Zett when they won (remember Lidstrom?)

Van, SJ, and Wash are all pretenders

Bos and LA aren't the "exceptions" at all. They're actually the perfect models to win in a salary cap league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

3 yrs of krejci at a cap friendly deal for 1 yr of perry.  Cap is going way down next year, it will be hard to retain Perry.

Im interested in Perry, but not for Krejci.

Adam McQuaid, 2 first round picks, a second round pick, and Caron?

All day

Drew, if PC were serious about getting Perry (and holding on to him) then salary almost certainly has to go the other way. That is the main reason why many are suggesting Krejci...

Sections
Shortcuts