Pierre LeBrun: "Boston one of 4 EC teams interested in Perry"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Pierre LeBrun:

Something tells me that the Ducks will not do that Adam Mcquaid deal. In my view if they trade anyone it will be Bobby Ryan not Perry, now that i said that watch perry will be dealt in 48 hours. If they would ever take that deal 2 first rounders a second and Caron i am in Dez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Feel the Krejci love before tonight's game vs. the Habs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Feel the Krejci love before tonight's game vs. the Habs!

I really like Krejci, always have, but lastnights performance is the main reason why i get frustrated with him. Has good talent, just does not bring it every night. He's such an inconsistent player. Hence, why I am probably in the minority when it comes to not losing any sleep If he were traded for a top scorer or d-men.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan, Getzlaf and Perry have nights like Krejci had last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It happens to every player that isn't perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

My comment was not geared in comparison with any of the players mentioned above.

There are plenty of top-line players in the NHL that their team looks to for their leadership and work ethic every game. Are players going to get points every night? No, but a player certaintly has the capability to play hard every shift hes out there.

It's one thing to be kept off the score-sheet in a big game (any game for that matter) but to not be responsible in all three zones, laggin behind on turnovers, giving up pucks in your own end, not backcheking, not moving your feet, and not paying attention to detail is all a result of pure (Milbury phrase) "inexcusable" lazyness and lack of determination.

I can go down a long list of top-line caliber players that bring it each and every night. Hell, i can  name four on the Bruins (Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Seidenberg). These players dont light up the scoresheet every night but they sure as heck play their butts off.

I just dont see that kind of pedigree with Krejci. So, hes a magician with the puck and he dangles. No one can take away his creativity, excellent vision and smarts but that hunger doesnt flow in his veins.

Here are players that bring it all the time and who lead their team by example:

David Backes

Jonathan Toews

Thomas Vanek

Gabriel Landenskog

John Tavares

Eric Staal

Dustin Brown

Daniel Alfredson

Shane Doan

Brendan Morrow...

This list can go on and on. If you want to be considered as a top player in this game you have to have consistency to your game. You dont have to be a point per game player, rather a hard blue-collar player that shows up and helps the team whether if its offensively or just playing fundamental hockey.

I am not trying to single out Krejci, just stating the guy is inconsistent and that he should establish himself more being a go-to guy on this team. The talent obviously is there, however, I question his commitment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to superj2k10's comment:

Here are players that bring it all the time and who lead their team by example:

Dustin Brown

Shane Doan

Brendan Morrow...

I seem to recall Dustin Brown being nearly invisible almost all last season. I also seem to recall Morrow and Doan having off nights. It happens. No one is perfect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All great players who can also have consecutive bad nights and have had them. Remember any player like Perry, Staal or Toews carry huge salary cap hits with the cap going down to $64K next season. So anybody you bring in, like Perry, you have to jettison two very important role player(s) that a coach, who rolls 4 lines, has to have.

PS. Vanek back on the IR again, it was only a matter of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

PS. Vanek back on the IR again, it was only a matter of time.

Oh I know. He almost cost me my fantasy match-up. SOB!

Sections
Shortcuts