Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards

Lebrun spoke, and quoted Joe N (Dallas GM) saying he would be willing to field offers on Richards and admitting the money thing is an issue.  If the stars are on the edge of the playoffs, he's selling.  Lebrun then says watch the bruins to make a push for Richards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/4617/nhl-trade-talk-kings-interested-in-hemsky-stars-plan-for-richards-wings-waiting

Also a quick blurb on espn rumors page.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards

99% of you won't agree, but this is how I feel.

If they could get Richards for Toronto's #1 straight up, I wouldn't do it.

I would much rather have that pick which will be a top 7 100% sure, and with lots and lots of luck it could be a #1.

One 30+ goal scorer who goes when the going gets tough (ie not Kessel) will make a difference, but it is not going to be a sure thing.  TWO 30+ scorers would make it near a sure thing, but that's impossible.

Like I said, 99% won't agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Richards will re-sign with Dallas.  Forget it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards:
    In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : I don't necessarily disagree with you. I don't like the idea of trading that pick, in the salary cap era those high picks are just so important to a teams success. I think the only way I would trade that pick is if you get a young player back that is going to be in your long term plans.
    Posted by pbergeron37

I've said the same thing as you guys.I wouldn't move that pick for any rental player but if it meant getting a Weber,Parise,even Bogosian,then I wouldn't be opposed to trading it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Totally agree, if that pick goes, it better be for something longer than 3 months!  It's apparent the B's need a PMD and one more legit talented forward, can't do both unless they get a guy on the cheap like parise or bogosian then pull off a deal for a rental forward or dman.

All that said, would love Richards in B's uni, just hope it wouldnt be for rent

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

99% of you won't agree, but this is how I feel. If they could get Richards for Toronto's #1 straight up, I wouldn't do it. I would much rather have that pick which will be a top 7 100% sure, and with lots and lots of luck it could be a #1. One 30+ goal scorer who goes when the going gets tough (ie not Kessel) will make a difference, but it is not going to be a sure thing.  TWO 30+ scorers would make it near a sure thing, but that's impossible. Like I said, 99% won't agree.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I would as well, throw Boychuk in to lure the rental player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards:
    Lebrun spoke, and quoted Joe N (Dallas GM) saying he would be willing to field offers on Richards and admitting the money thing is an issue.  If the stars are on the edge of the playoffs, he's selling.  Lebrun then says watch the bruins to make a push for Richards. http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/4617/nhl-trade-talk-kings-interested-in-hemsky-stars-plan-for-richards-wings-waiting Also a quick blurb on espn rumors page.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

Is the part with Nieuwendyk tying Richards, money and trades together in a different article?  I don't see it here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli woudn't do the trade unless he worked out an extension first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

99% of you won't agree, but this is how I feel. If they could get Richards for Toronto's #1 straight up, I wouldn't do it. I would much rather have that pick which will be a top 7 100% sure, and with lots and lots of luck it could be a #1. One 30+ goal scorer who goes when the going gets tough (ie not Kessel) will make a difference, but it is not going to be a sure thing.  TWO 30+ scorers would make it near a sure thing, but that's impossible. Like I said, 99% won't agree.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Its a strong FUTURE draft. There is no one in this draft that is NHL ready. Maybe two of these kids will get a crack at it, both maybe being D-men. So, you want this teaM to keep spining their wheels? The time is no, they have good prospects, good youth, and a talented team. Their a piece or two away from being a serious contender.

A bigger issue is where are you going to find the money to pay all these 1st-rounders?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Shocking, NAS shoots down an article posted by someone.  Yes, all the info was n the article, he did not say Brad Richards will be traded to the Bruins because of money concerns, thank you for your literal interpretation.  All of it was said in the article though, congrats on reaching that 3rd grade reading level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I know NAS, if you don't post it, it can't be true.  But let's try on your reading skills again here, all it take is one sentence, hope you can understand the following quote, pretty self explanatory...

"I'm listening to everything, if something makes sense ... '' Nieuwendyk told ESPN.com on Friday.

In Response to Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : Is the part with Nieuwendyk tying Richards, money and trades together in a different article?  I don't see it here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This post was OK until BIGBAD started ranking on NAS. Just say your peice BB and leave off the negatives.  Just watched the bruins play better against the Red Wings, but there are some very obvious positive critiques that should be discussed.Marchand blew it, but why was he all alone? defensive change BLEW it big time.Not the first time Houda has been asleep. Why are the Red Wings better? Puck control. they just don't give it up. Secondly I did not see one RED WING exiting the ice SLOWLY. That problem should be easy to fix. Claude is not satisfied with Hamill; Seguin played better so maybe he will be #3 center. Claude sat the wrong defenseman, he should have sat Boychuck. Ryder has forgotten how to "head-man" the puck, what a waste. Hope the REX on point experiment is over. Stuart looked MEAN, good for him. Just read Fluto's write-up. Did he really watch the same game??  Timmy was down before Draper shot; and Berttuzzi's second goal never should have gone in. Claude complains about mistakes, but IMO it all starts with his coaching and his decisions. He put REX out on the penalty kill in the 3rd period with Caron just sitting and rested???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It doesn't matter who the B's get with Julien as coach.

Julien = no cup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know NAS, if you don't post it, it can't be true.  But let's try on your reading skills again here, all it take is one sentence, hope you can understand the following quote, pretty self explanatory... "I'm listening to everything, if something makes sense ... '' Nieuwendyk told ESPN.com on Friday. In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards :
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan

"quoted Joe N (Dallas GM) saying he would be willing to field offers on Richards" and  "I'm listening to everything..." are different.  One has him actively mentioning a specific player, the other is general.  Yes, I know Richards is part of everything, but the way you wrote it makes it seem as if Nieuwendyk singled out Richards which isn't the case.

I thought maybe you had seen an interview and used the article to supplement the point.  That's why I asked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Chiarelli woudn't do the trade unless he worked out an extension first.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

SanDog can PC work out an extension even in his last year of the contract?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : SanDog can PC work out an extension even in his last year of the contract?
    Posted by islamorada

The last year of the deal is the only time it can be done.  Recently, and I can't remember with whom, a team traded for a player and extended him quickly.  The new deal was agreed upon in principle before the trade.  It might be Timonen to Philly I'm thinking of, but I think that was in the off season (too lazy to look it up right now).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Change of Tune by Joe N from last month when Richards told LeBrun that he was reassured by the Stars that there was no way he was being traded.  I watched it on HNIC's Hotstove.  I guess a dip in play by the team has Joe rethinking his plans. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Richards would look good in a B,s jersey, but as i said in some previous posts maybe you can get Morrow who I think fits in alot better with what the B,s need, especially $$$$ wise. Dallas trades Morrow signs Richards could make sense. Maybe you can get Morrow without spending the Toronto pick? maybe?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : The last year of the deal is the only time it can be done.  Recently, and I can't remember with whom, a team traded for a player and extended him quickly.  The new deal was agreed upon in principle before the trade.  It might be Timonen to Philly I'm thinking of, but I think that was in the off season (too lazy to look it up right now).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It was Timonen and Hartnell for a 1st I think.  Happened a few days before July 1st and they both signed right away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Richards would look good in a B,s jersey, but as i said in some previous posts maybe you can get Morrow who I think fits in alot better with what the B,s need, especially $$$$ wise. Dallas trades Morrow signs Richards could make sense. Maybe you can get Morrow without spending the Toronto pick? maybe?
    Posted by pucman

They might move Richards because he's a pending free agent carrying a big contract.

Is there any reason for them to move Morrow?  (you know, their Captain who is loved by the team, his teammates and the city, and who has another year left on a very manageable $4.1M contract.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : They might move Richards because he's a pending free agent carrying a big contract. Is there any reason for them to move Morrow?  (you know, their Captain who is loved by the team, his teammates and the city, and who has another year left on a very manageable $4.1M contract.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The only thing I would say to you NAS is they did let go of Turco (I know different circumstances). He to me WAS Dallas for a long time. I don't think they trade Morrow (Captains rarely get traded nowadays). But, it could happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I said at the 1st of the yr that the leafs will be close to a playoff spot, 10 points out and 8 points from being at 10th spot, there getting better and i dont see the Bs getting a top 5, 8,9,10 maybe. So whats that pick worth then ? Right now is has good value, gamble and use it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : They might move Richards because he's a pending free agent carrying a big contract. Is there any reason for them to move Morrow?  (you know, their Captain who is loved by the team, his teammates and the city, and who has another year left on a very manageable $4.1M contract.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

move Morrow so they can sign Richards. With the Stars loaded with wingers (Neal,Benn,Ericksonn, etc.) they may like Richards game. B,s definitely could use some scoring off the wings i.e. Morrow.

Sections
Shortcuts