Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards

In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : The last year of the deal is the only time it can be done.  Recently, and I can't remember with whom, a team traded for a player and extended him quickly.  The new deal was agreed upon in principle before the trade.  It might be Timonen to Philly I'm thinking of, but I think that was in the off season (too lazy to look it up right now).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of the Pronger to Philly trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Rental or not! I'd take a Brad Richards former Conn Smythe winner & a steady 90 point guy! I'd trade the Tor pick, Bos pick & a roster player for Richards! Where do I sign?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rental or not! I'd take a Brad Richards former Conn Smythe winner & a steady 90 point guy! I'd trade the Tor pick, Bos pick & a roster player for Richards! Where do I sign?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't want to rent Crosby or Ovechkin for that much Nitemare.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : I wouldn't want to rent Crosby or Ovechkin for that much Nitemare.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Well I'd throw in a DK & Boychuck along with the above for EITHER of those two!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How much closer do you want them to get before going all in?

PC will not let this team sink to the bottom of the East simply by letting one draft pick via TOR and a 2nd/3rd line winger like Wheeler go in order to get Richards and his 63 points for a Cup run.

This is why you get extra picks....use them to put your team over the top.

Do it and don't look back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : Well I'd throw in a DK & Boychuck along with the above for EITHER of those two!
    For 3 months of service?If you could guarantee a cup(which you can't)then it would be worth what your proposal........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]How much closer do you want them to get before going all in? PC will not let this team sink to the bottom of the East simply by letting one draft pick via TOR and a 2nd/3rd line winger like Wheeler go in order to get Richards and his 63 points for a Cup run. This is why you get extra picks....use them to put your team over the top. Do it and don't look back.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    No,you get extra picks to secure the future of the franchise.If a good deal is out there,by all means,make it.But to offer that much for a rental is a risky proposition at best.I'd offer what you're saying for Parise(pending RFA) but not Richards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : The only thing I would say to you NAS is they did let go of Turco (I know different circumstances). He to me WAS Dallas for a long time. I don't think they trade Morrow (Captains rarely get traded nowadays). But, it could happen.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Turco was NEVER the face of Dallas while Modano was playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Richards has an undisclosed injury i was just reading on ESPN that he is not traveling with the team on their upcoming 3 game trip.  Injury? or potential trade coming? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Stop saying you use the TOR pick for a rental. If you trade the TOR pick you trade for someone that is signed for this year and beyond. You use the BOS first round pick in a deal for a rental.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre Lebrun talks Brad Richards : The only thing I would say to you NAS is they did let go of Turco (I know different circumstances). He to me WAS Dallas for a long time. I don't think they trade Morrow (Captains rarely get traded nowadays). But, it could happen.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Old man Turco had a down year and an exprinig contract.  How does that relate?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Turco also has a long history of losing in the playoffs - sometimes despite playing exceptionally - and a reputation as an S oh B.  Learned from Eddy the Eagle, I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I never EVER heard of Turco being the face of the Stars until NOW!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundeep. Show sundeep's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/news/story?id=6121442

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

How much closer do you want them to get before going all in?

PC will not let this team sink to the bottom of the East simply by letting one draft pick via TOR and a 2nd/3rd line winger like Wheeler go in order to get Richards and his 63 points for a Cup run.

This is why you get extra picks....use them to put your team over the top.

Do it and don't look back.

Excuse me but Richards is on pace for 92 pts! Therefore my statement of a consistent 90 pt guy is intact! Stick to the weapon contest would ya!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

I do not trade TOs 1st for a rental, if I can get someone of quality and under contract for 2-3 years than I am interested.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Those of you who are saying not to give up the TO trade for a rental? You obviously aren't tired of never winning! So how's it going to be! Get a team full of possible youthful, but not necessarily talent. What if TO's pick turns out to be a Jonathan Aiken? Or EVEN another enigma Phil Kessel? Then you have all this youth that have contracts all on top of one another! Then we're right back to where we started. Give up a player for two first rounders......blah,blah,blah!!! When do you stop the cycle & say "LET'S GO ALL OUT & DO IT!"

We're going to have Savard off the books. Wheeler & Stuart aren't coming back. That's around 8 mill to re-sign a Richards & he's not a rental! We have 3 top Centers again & still have cards to play to get another d-man before or at the deadline!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Those of you who are saying not to give up the TO trade for a rental? You obviously aren't tired of never winning! So how's it going to be! Get a team full of possible youthful, but not necessarily talent. What if TO's pick turns out to be a Jonathan Aiken? Or EVEN another enigma Phil Kessel? Then you have all this youth that have contracts all on top of one another! Then we're right back to where we started. Give up a player for two first rounders......blah,blah,blah!!! When do you stop the cycle & say "LET'S GO ALL OUT & DO IT!" We're going to have Savard off the books. Wheeler & Stuart aren't coming back. That's around 8 mill to re-sign a Richards & he's not a rental! We have 3 top Centers again & still have cards to play to get another d-man before or at the deadline!
    If everything was as easy and absolute as you make it out to be,I'd say trade the pick.But with no guarantee of winning,I'm against dealing the pick for a rental.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I never EVER heard of Turco being the face of the Stars until NOW!
    C'mon Nitemare during their heyday he was the face of the franchise. When you thought of the stars Turco was always one of the names you thought of.
    NAS- That's why I said different circumstances. It does relate because he was huge for the Stars for a long time. Teams do let go of their aging stars from time to time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

IF Dallas puts him up for trade!

Whatever it takes. Just get him. 

So, what would Dallas want? If they are getting rid of Richards, it is because of $ concerns, or they'd keep him. They would want good cheap talent in return, but also someone or 2 that would help this year too, as they are on the bubble for the playoffs. Do the Bruins have that in the Farm. I don't think so, or it would they would be up on the big team. There might be a few guys that will develop, but those are still question marks. One or two of Colbourne, Caron, Hamil, Alexandrov, Kempfer as an add-on to sweeten the deal, but they don't solve the 'this year' problem of replacing Richards. 
    Then you'd have to say draft picks. Will Boston's pick do it? Maybe, with one or 2 of the farm guys, but what are other teams going to pony up. So if it is a bidding war, TO's pick might have to be put into play. 

The Bruins need to clear Cap space to make this work. What would they be able to offer Dallas to help them this year, and clear the Cap room. I really don't see what they can offer, so it is more of a Salary Dump, then a quality trade. Ryder and Wheeler DO NOT qualify as suitable replacements for Richards. 

So, it might be TO's pick and Ryder and Wheeler for Cap considerations. But how about Seguin and Ryder & Wheeler? This gives Dallas some help right now, but gives them a future player to make the deal work. 

This is my choice. It's a crap shoot on young players, but I truly believe the B's chances of winning this year go up dramatically. And if Richards is signed long term, we have a chance for many years. 

I'd like to save the Pick and hope for Adam Larsson in the draft. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Richards is a playmaker, and a good player, but who is gonna score?  I see the need for a scoring winger on this team, not another center.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If everything was as easy and absolute as you make it out to be,I'd say trade the pick.But with no guarantee of winning,I'm against dealing the pick for a rental.

NOTHING IN ABSOLUTES & NOTHING IS GUARANTEED in sports! I maybe wrong, but I think Nieuwendyk was in his last year when he went to Dallas. The Stars gave up Iggy. Who benefitted? Who won the cup after that deal? It's called taking a risk to try & help the team WIN sooner rather than later!

Richards is a playmaker, and a good player, but who is gonna score?  I see the need for a scoring winger on this team, not another center.

I'd rather have 3 25 goal scorers than one 50. Richards, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron would make 4 & a few others that are on the cusp of that. A player like Richards is a gamebreaker! The B's don't have one. You need to have that game breaking type of guy in the play-offs! Just having him someone like him on your team gives your team an advantage. Why do you think a team like Detroit is always so dangerous? They have 3 game breakers on that team.

C'mon Nitemare during their heyday he was the face of the franchise. When you thought of the stars Turco was always one of the names you thought of.

Actually when Turco was playing his best. The only time I thought of him is when the subject line of play-off choke artist was discussed. Dallas had many chances to go far, but didn't because Turco disappeared. So, NO! I never thought of Marty Turco when Dallas was mentioned. I thought of Brett Hull, Langenbrunner, Lehtinen, Modanno, BELFOUR, Nieuwendyk & Zubov. That's when Dallas was in their "heyday" 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

As you know, Richards is a UFA on July 1.

From the article:

"It's a relevant question when it comes to star No. 1 center Brad Richards, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1" (LeBrun, 2011).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]If everything was as easy and absolute as you make it out to be,I'd say trade the pick.But with no guarantee of winning,I'm against dealing the pick for a rental. NOTHING IN ABSOLUTES & NOTHING IS GUARANTEED in sports! I maybe wrong, but I think Nieuwendyk was in his last year when he went to Dallas. The Stars gave up Iggy. Who benefitted? Who won the cup after that deal? It's called taking a risk to try & help the team WIN sooner rather than later! Richards is a playmaker, and a good player, but who is gonna score?  I see the need for a scoring winger on this team, not another center. I'd rather have 3 25 goal scorers than one 50. Richards, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron would make 4 & a few others that are on the cusp of that. A player like Richards is a gamebreaker! The B's don't have one. You need to have that game breaking type of guy in the play-offs! Just having him someone like him on your team gives your team an advantage. Why do you think a team like Detroit is always so dangerous? They have 3 game breakers on that team. C'mon Nitemare during their heyday he was the face of the franchise. When you thought of the stars Turco was always one of the names you thought of. Actually when Turco was playing his best. The only time I thought of him is when the subject line of play-off choke artist was discussed. Dallas had many chances to go far, but didn't because Turco disappeared. So, NO! I never thought of Marty Turco when Dallas was mentioned. I thought of Brett Hull, Langenbrunner, Lehtinen, Modanno, BELFOUR, Nieuwendyk & Zubov. That's when Dallas was in their "heyday" 
    Terrible in the playoffs you're right nitemare. A career .914 sv% and 2.17 gaa. Just a complete choke job.

Sections
Shortcuts