Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/15413/trophy-tracker-hart-favorites

Yah I know ESPN but I like Lebrun usually very objective and like McKenzie I tend to agree with Pierre more than not. Is Malkin an absolute lock for the Hart ?

I hate the Flyers with extreme passion but have to give Giroux his due and if he hadn't had concussion problems he would be in the conversation.

Stamkos has got a case "he’s going to easily win the Rocket Richard Trophy as the league’s top goal scorer. He’s been a goal-scoring machine since Christmas (28 goals in 32 games)" That is nuts!

Where would the Kings be without "1.96 goals-against average and .931 save percentage." Quick ?

Who's most valuable to their team ? Is anyone off the list ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites

I would be shocked if Malkin does not win the Hart. He has carried the Penguins on his back in the absence of Crosby. Lundquist should be in the mix as well but I think as of now it's Malkin's to lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Malkin by a long shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Likely will be Malkin. Lebrun is solid.

I remember an article in late November I read on Sportsnet written by Mike Brophy. In it he stated that a case could be made for Kessel winning the Hart, Phaneuf for the Norris, and Dave Steckel (I am not joking) for the Selke because his FO % was just under 60%.

If only the season ended on December 1 for those guys. Amazing how things change in just a couple of months.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Both are worthy, but I honestly think Stamkos will win it. He's equalled Malkin in points, and he's blowing him away in goals. The only thing that has been a knock against Stamkos is his team has been out of the playoff race; however, that is changing. They aren't handing out the award today.

TBL plays in the southeast division. If you are gonna be in 4th place, the southeast division is where you want to be. They are only 4 points out of a playoff spot, and 6-points off 1st place in their terrible division. If they keep charging, and if Stamkos reaches the upper 50's-60 in goals, I don't see how he loses to Malkin despite how great Malkin has been.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ahh Ols throughs a wrench in and Stamkos numbers are freakin sickneing. You could almost argue "Hey it's not Stamkos's fault his team can't play defense !".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites:
    [QUOTE]Malkin by a long shot.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, I think it has to be Stamkos. They're nothing without his big year. There are still plenty of guys doing well in Pitt........T-Bay, not so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Stamkos numbers are freakin sickneing. 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah they absolutely are

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Goalies get no love when it comes to the Hart trophy. The most important position on the team and they get overlooked for players who get the points. Malkin and Stamkos are the sexy choices and are having fabulous seasons but Henrik Lundquist would be my pick if the season ended today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Malkin is the ONLY reason Pittsburg is still in the hunt. With Cindy missing all eyes will be on Malkin for carrying the Penns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm actually going to give a little love to our old friend Phil.  Even with the Laffs's groundhog-like dive into their tank indicating four more weeks of hockey (in Toronto) he has continued to deliver points on a regular basis.  He's been held off the sheet only twice since Feb. 4th.  He cost the Laffs four years of paying Wilson's extension by giving them hope.  Distant follower behind Malki and Stamkos, but it isn't ridiculous to think he gets a vote or two.  I still hate him though, and I would much rather have Seguin, Knight and Hamilton.  And Lord Stanley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chalk me up as against goalies winning the Hart unless they do something supernatural.  For the very reasons Chowdah outlines, you'd almost have to give the Hart to the Vezina winner every year if goalies were lumped in without other provisions.  The Rangers might be the Bolts if they switched goalies.  Nashville might be Florida.  If Boston had to run with Reimer?  Perish the thought.

The only goalie to win it who I thought, well, okay...was Hasek.  He was so far out in front of everyone else in terms of his influence on a game.  Teams looked like they simply didn't believe they could beat him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Gotta be Malkin so far, heck Erik Karlson deserves some votes but he will end up getting the norris.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites:[QUOTE]Gotta be Malkin so far, heck Erik Karlson deserves some votes but he will end up getting the norris.Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Karlson's skating and mobility reminds me of Brian Leetch but with a better shot supa slick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think it has to be Malkin, and Karrlson woould be my second choice.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta be Malkin so far, heck Erik Karlson deserves some votes but he will end up getting the norris.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Karlsson will not win the Norris for the same reasons Mike Green did not a few years back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Karlsson is not good enough defensively do deserve a Norris Trophy. I'm not sure if thats what you were referring to jaywall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Karlsson is not good enough defensively do deserve a Norris Trophy. I'm not sure if thats what you were referring to jaywall.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

I will disagree, I know everyone saw him get burned by Lucic last week, but the kid isnt that bad defensivly, he's a whole lot better than Mike Green as of right now and I suspect he's only going to get better. He's what 20 years old? Already the best offensive d-man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : Kel, I think it has to be Stamkos. They're nothing without his big year. There are still plenty of guys doing well in Pitt........T-Bay, not so much.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

great points, both great players, just think Malkin has played better in bigger games..That said, if TB were to sneak into the playoffs it's for one reason and one reason  only and thats Stamkos, so it could change, like to see how he does with some big games now approaching him.Check out his even strength goals, thats impressive...Both players where it probably doesnt matter who they play with, both just simply awesome players...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

It's going to be Malkin for sure.

But for me, and not because of this being a Bruin forum, you have to give serious consideration to Chara.

As good as the Bruins have been, I have not doubt in my mind you don't win the cup last year and you're arguably not top 5 in the league without Chara. 

He simply makes every other dman on the Bruins better, shutsdown the other team's top players, contributes offensively, plays physical and is the most intimidating force out there.

I still cry to this day when he became available as a FA and the Leafs didn't pick him up.  That was pre-cap days and we could have paid him anything pretty much.

Love Chara............hate him when the Leafs play against you guys though....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]It's going to be Malkin for sure. But for me, and not because of this being a Bruin forum, you have to give serious consideration to Chara. As good as the Bruins have been, I have not doubt in my mind you don't win the cup last year and you're arguably not top 5 in the league without Chara.  He simply makes every other dman on the Bruins better, shutsdown the other team's top players, contributes offensively, plays physical and is the most intimidating force out there. I still cry to this day when he became available as a FA and the Leafs didn't pick him up.  That was pre-cap days and we could have paid him anything pretty much. Love Chara............hate him when the Leafs play against you guys though....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly you guys got Hal Gill instead that day. What a squandered oppurtunity up there in Toronto, what do they have 5 points out of a possible 26? How the heck does that happen?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : great points, both great players, just think Malkin has played better in bigger games..That said, if TB were to sneak into the playoffs it's for one reason and one reason  only and thats Stamkos, so it could change, like to see how he does with some big games now approaching him.Check out his even strength goals, thats impressive...Both players where it probably doesnt matter who they play with, both just simply awesome players...
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    No argument from me. I just think Stamkos is deserving of some consideration. I think Malkin will win but I'd prefer to see Stamkos get it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Living down here in VA I've seen alot of Mike Green over the last few yrs. He is terrible defensively. Yes he stock piled points but wow was he liability every time out there at even strength. Heck he's not even the best D-man on his own team now that would be another guy named Carlson. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I have a tough time with Stamkos, as I'm leary about giving the Hart to a player who couldn't help his team get a playoff spot. If the Bolts can catch either the Panthers or Jets, then I feel he deserves consideration.

Sections
Shortcuts