Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites:
    I have a tough time with Stamkos, as I'm leary about giving the Hart to a player who couldn't help his team get a playoff spot. If the Bolts can catch either the Panthers or Jets, then I feel he deserves consideration.
    Posted by red75

Red, they've done well to stay in it considering their goaltending issues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : Red, they've done well to stay in it considering their goaltending issues.
    Posted by dezaruchi

True, but the Hart is technically for the player deemed most valuable to his team. That's tough to say about someone on an 11th place team (even if it's true).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : No argument from me. I just think Stamkos is deserving of some consideration. I think Malkin will win but I'd prefer to see Stamkos get it.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He gets them into the playoffs dez, he wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : He gets them into the playoffs dez, he wins.
    Posted by kelvana33

...or Boucher gets the Jack Adams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's going to be Malkin for sure. Posted by LoveRealHockey

Can't make a case for Stamkos at all LRH ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : Can't make a case for Stamkos at all LRH ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Looks like you might be right, SanDog.  He just keeps lighting it up.
    Incredible talent.

I'm not sure why I even post these days.  I'm a leaf fan which makes me an idiot pretty much.....

And you guys think you have problems......

I think I'd rather see the Marlies play then the Leafs.......

so bad......so sad........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : I'm a leaf fan which makes me an idiot pretty much..... And you guys think you have problems...... I think I'd rather see the Marlies play then the Leafs....... so bad......so sad........Posted by LoveRealHockey

Nope you are a die hard LRH that's a good thing. You think Burke gets the heave-ho this summer or one more year ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Pierre LeBrun- Trophy Tracker: Hart favorites : Nope you are a die hard LRH that's a good thing. You think Burke gets the heave-ho this summer or one more year ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You know, I defended Burke from the beginning.  I like what he's done with the scouting staff and he has smart guys working on the management team.

I think the Leafs have a lot of good talent on the Marlies and players they've drafted (but no high-end franchise player).

College signings (Frattin and Bozak) have been good.

But................

His free-agent signing have pretty much been all bad decisions in hind-sight and they have saddled the team with bad contracts.  That situation won't likely improve until 2013-2014 season.  He is also handing out way too much money on contract extensions (Macarther, Liles, Schenn, even Grabovski).

I like Kessel, but the timing of that move was disastrous.  The team didn't have the pieces to incorporate a talent like Kessel, and he is NOT a difference maker by himself.  Bad decision.  The Leafs would have ended up last that year (hello Hall or Seguin).  The Leafs would have finished bottom 2 or 3 the following year (hello Ryan-Nugent, Landeskog or Huberdeau) and again this year.  Now you'd be talking.....

Trades have mostly been okay, but he brought in too much contract money which again saddles the team.

We still don't have a dependable goaltender since Burke arrived and that more then anything has been the team's achilles heal.  That along with no 1st line center.  The team is also sooooo soft which I would have thought Burke would have addressed.

So bottom line for me, Burke has NOT made this team better since he's arrived.  We've actually gone backwards in some areas although we have much more talent in the minors then we've ever had.  We were a train wreck before he arrived and the wreck continues.......

This team does not start to get better until they shed themselves of the bad contracts (2013-2014) that Burke has mostly brought in himself (Komiserak, Lombardi, Connolly, Armstrong, Macarther etc.....)

I don't think Burke is let go until after next year depending on what happens. 

The worst part of this all is that corporate Canada continues to fill the stands and the Leafs continue to make money hand over fist in spite of a bad product on the ice.

When does PC'c contract expire?  Might be an opening in Toronto next year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I think Malkin sealed it up last night. What a powerful offense.

I don't think anyone's gonna stop the Penguins this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The B's already did. With Crosby on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

The B's already did. With Crosby on the ice.
    Posted by lambda13

yup. The Bruins can and have beat the Penguins, but clearly I'm talking about the 7-game series variety that happens in the stanley cup playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And I have to say that the Bruins are a team that can take any other team into a 7 game series and wear them down. There is no team in the NHL that wants to deal with the Bruins in a 7 game series. They come at you with 4 solid lines that aren't afraid to throw the body or the fists. That's just plain intimidating.

Is Crosby gonna try and fight Krejci or Ferrence again? Good luck to him!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Everyone still pretty much going with Malkin for the win ? Or did Stamkos sway anyone with that fun run to 60 goals ?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Still on Malkin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd rather Stamkos, but Malkin had such a terrific finish, and these things are voted on before the regular season ends, so even though Malkin was a liability for the Pingu in the playoffs, he still gets a better "value" mark for the regular season because the Pingu made the dance and Tampa didn't - though last time I checked, Stamkos doesn't play goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tough, tough call on Malkin and Stamkos. I wont get into vezina and hart debate but I dont think Lundqvist should win it if TT didnt win it last year.

Sections
Shortcuts