Pivotal game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Pivotal game 5

The B's were tied with Montreal after 4 games and went on to win the 5th.Not saying this series has the same feel, the Caps have not looked that impressive unless you like a clog the neutral zone and 5 guys in front of the goalie style. Its working for them and CJ knows that.I see a determined Bruins team coming out on Saturday and heading back to Washington up 3-2.It all might be wishful thinking but with a bit more puck luck i see a victory for the B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Pivotal game 5

I had the same hope for tonights game. They had 2 days off to work on the offense and made no changes at all to their approach. Hopefully this was another wake up call for them.

I can see this going to seven and them winning it, would be kinda like last year but w/o Nathan Horton to score the OT winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Nothing has ever come easy for this team.  Why would we expect things to change now?  Just have to keep working and getting pucks to the net.  I agree though that Game 5 is huge and they cannot afford to lose it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I agree and was just going to start a thread about it when I saw this.

I think what makes this Game 5 so important is the fact that the kooky scheduling has Game 6 the very next day.  Thomas is at his best when he's rested.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Lets hope the offense awakens. We're getting decent chances but Holtby has not had to make great saves. Gotta get in his kitchen more, rugged net front presence please!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HalifaxBruins. Show HalifaxBruins's posts

Bruins top 2 lines minus Peverley needs to wake up offensively almost everything holtby is stopping is from the point or way outside not many quality scoring chances and the powerplay lol what powerplay bruins are controlling the majority of the play but its time for the Big boys on the Bruins to get going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The only pivotal game in my view is the one where a team faces elimination.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Pivotal game 5:
    I agree and was just going to start a thread about it when I saw this. I think what makes this Game 5 so important is the fact that the kooky scheduling has Game 6 the very next day.  Thomas is at his best when he's rested.
    Posted by jalvis

These back to back games might be just what the B's need, no time to overthink that Holtby can't be beat.Time for the Bruins to come up big in a matinee. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

Am I the only one who feels the Bruins have been the best team in this series hands down? They are making Holtby look like an all-star with outside shots and can of corn shots to the bread basket. If the Bruins had any kind of powerplay this series could have been over by tomorrow for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Am I the only one who feels the Bruins have been the best team in this series hands down? They are making Holtby look like an all-star with outside shots and can of corn shots to the bread basket. If the Bruins had any kind of powerplay this series could have been over by tomorrow for sure.
    Posted by Five4Fighting

Maybe not hands down but for large portions of the series they have been the better team.They are making Holtby out to be a bigger story than he has but that can all be forgotten if the B's move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Pivotal game 5:
    The B's were tied with Montreal after 4 games and went on to win the 5th.Not saying this series has the same feel, the Caps have not looked that impressive unless you like a clog the neutral zone and 5 guys in front of the goalie style. Its working for them and CJ knows that.I see a determined Bruins team coming out on Saturday and heading back to Washington up 3-2.It all might be wishful thinking but with a bit more puck luck i see a victory for the B's.
    Posted by 50belowzero

The Bruins faced this situation 3 times last year. They did OK if I remember correctly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Pivotal game 5 : It's that exact Caps strategy you mention, 50below, that has this series tied.  It comes to down to who will bend first.  What I've seen in the Caps is a suprising Bruins-like commitment to their game plan.   If the Bs think they've been giving it their all, they're going to have reach in find more.  They're really going to have to up the physical and the forecheck. Holtby is throwing out juicy rebounds like a pinball machine.
    Posted by ipot

Thats what i mean by puck luck ipot, the rebounds have been there aplenty,but it doesn't ever seem to come out to a bruin.Granted you have to create your own luck and thats where the net front presence comes into play.Get to the front of the net after the initial shot and you might be suprised at what you might find.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It'll come down to scoring first I think - Hunter's got them playing shutdown the moment they get the lead. Need to take advantage of that and toss them off their game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Pivotal game 5 : "It's just GETTING the first goal; that's another story" Got good news for you ip...Gregorys Daddys Officiating Lackeys will make sure the B's get that all important 1st goal and then help the B's shut down the Caps offense with chintzy, weak and phantom calls. NBC doesn't like that pinky liberal DC market...expected to see Gregorys Daddys Lackeys play a big part in defeating those pesky Caps tomorrow.
    Posted by null

Hey Brian Tuohy,

I got BAD news for you.

Your book isn't selling, your website isn't getting any hits.

No one is buying any of your nonsense.

Do I need to draw you a picture?

Is it a coincidence you and Brian Tuohy are saying EXACTLY the same things?

This website is dedicated to shining the light into those dark corners...

The Shining?  What a coincidence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3037. Show bruins3037's posts

In response to "Re: Pivotal game 5":
    It'll come down to scoring first I think - Hunter's got them playing shutdown the moment they get the lead. Need to take advantage of that and toss them off their game. Posted by red75
    100% agree. The Caps have only played behind for what, 10 minutes? I think it will so vastly change the style of how they've been playing, that they wouldn't be able to come back to win it, if the Bruins got a 1 or 2 goal lead. Unfortunately getting a two goal lead in this series has been impossible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Posted by Five4Fighting

Thaaaaaank you!! But on the flipside of that, that's exactly what adds to the frustration of being tied..

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Don't know if I like the lines that practiced today.  Hope they make CJ look like a genius once again.  There were as follows according to bruins.nhl.com:

Lucic - Krejci - Rolston
    Paille - Bergeron - Peverley
    Pouliot - Kelly - Seguin
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

Don't know if I like the lines that practiced today.  Hope they make CJ look like a genius once again.  There were as follows according to bruins.nhl.com: Lucic - Krejci - Rolston Paille - Bergeron - Peverley Pouliot - Kelly - Seguin Marchand - Campbell - Thornton
    Posted by Rufus604

I'm sure you guys will think I'm crazy but I love these lines. 

Like I posted earlier, I think the Bruins are trying to win playingn a perimeter game to beat the Caps and its not working. Its playing right into the hands of Washington's strategy. From the start the Caps have been collapsing down in front of Holtby and clogging up the middle. If the Bruins are going to win they obviously will need to penetrate the middel of the ice. 

The way these lines are set up every line has at least one guy who is willing or can go to those dirty areas to score. I fully believe that's why the bottom two lines have been the most successful in this series thus far; they are the ones consistently going to the the front of the net and really making Holtby work. I really like the Pallie-Bergeron-Peverley line the most. You have essentially two centers for faceoffs, loads of speed, two guys who can work as puck movers and scorers on the wall in Bergeron and Peverley and Paille who can work hard down low, chase dumped pucks and cause traffic right infront of the goal.

I'm just glad Seguin and Marchand are split up for a bit, I doubt it stays that way. I'm just wondering who gets powerplay time, the last "shake up" didn't work out that well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfarmer. Show bruinfarmer's posts

In Response to Re: Pivotal game 5 : I'm sure you guys will think I'm crazy but I love these lines.  Like I posted earlier, I think the Bruins are trying to win playingn a perimeter game to beat the Caps and its not working. Its playing right into the hands of Washington's strategy. From the start the Caps have been collapsing down in front of Holtby and clogging up the middle. If the Bruins are going to win they obviously will need to penetrate the middel of the ice.  The way these lines are set up every line has at least one guy who is willing or can go to those dirty areas to score. I fully believe that's why the bottom two lines have been the most successful in this series thus far; they are the ones consistently going to the the front of the net and really making Holtby work. I really like the Pallie-Bergeron-Peverley line the most. You have essentially two centers for faceoffs, loads of speed, two guys who can work as puck movers and scorers on the wall in Bergeron and Peverley and Paille who can work hard down low, chase dumped pucks and cause traffic right infront of the goal. I'm just glad Seguin and Marchand are split up for a bit, I doubt it stays that way. I'm just wondering who gets powerplay time, the last "shake up" didn't work out that well.
    Posted by Five4Fighting

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfarmer. Show bruinfarmer's posts

In Response to Re: Pivotal game 5 :
    Posted by bruinfarmer

add caron to spark the way tyler did last year . he was in a hot groove and can play on all 4 lines .

Sections
Shortcuts