Pivotal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Pivotal

Wow, just thinking about what is at stake tonight.

3-1 and its a stranglehold. I don't think the Hawks could rally for 3 straight (The B's are NOT the Red Wings).

2-2 Hawks have pretty much been the weaker team, to steal one tonight and regain home ice advantage would be huge for them. It would certainly put them back in the drivers seat and fill them with tons of confidence.

The drama and tension should be off the charts.

Let's hope the B's score early and often.

Stick the knife in and twist, Boys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Pivotal

I agree with your assessment.  I don't think the series is over no matter who wins tonight but whoever wins is definitely in the driver's seat.  I know the Bruins sometimes have had trouble closing out series but I agree it is hard to imagine the Black Hawks finding a way to beat a team with Chara and Rask that has played so well defensively, three games in a row.  I think the Bruins still have a reasonable chance at winning the Series if they lose tonight but it does give the Hawks momentum when they have little right now, and that is a dangerous thing.  It also will mean that they have to win a 2nd game in Chicago.  The Bruins have to somehow match Chicago's sense of urgency tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Pivotal

BRUINS

IN

FIVE!

(Good stuff, SEO.  I agree.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Wow, just thinking about what is at stake tonight.

3-1 and its a stranglehold. I don't think the Hawks could rally for 3 straight (The B's are NOT the Red Wings).

2-2 Hawks have pretty much been the weaker team, to steal one tonight and regain home ice advantage would be huge for them. It would certainly put them back in the drivers seat and fill them with tons of confidence.

The drama and tension should be off the charts.

Let's hope the B's score early and often.

Stick the knife in and twist, Boys!

The Bruins just won the most pivotal game in my eyes. Game 3 is huge no matter what the score is going into it. If it's tied as we just saw, it's obviously big because it gives a lead. When a team is up by two then game 3 can give a stranglehold but if you're down 2-0, winning gets you right back in the series. It's not just coincidence that most series are won by the team that took game 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Bruins just won the most pivotal game in my eyes. Game 3 is huge no matter what the score is going into it. If it's tied as we just saw, it's obviously big because it gives a lead. When a team is up by two then game 3 can give a stranglehold but if you're down 2-0, winning gets you right back in the series. It's not just coincidence that most series are won by the team that took game 3.

but you know what?? in retrospect they're ALL huge games!

Kind of the point though, Dez. They did work that hard and took game 3 and thus have the juice. The fact game 1 was a big sqander makes the B's work in games 2 and 3 all the more impressive...but if they don't want it more than them tonight and go into game 5 tied they'll leave very little room for error. If they put the boot down tonight, this thing will be close to over.

Tonight is the B's big chance to mortally wound Chief Blackhawk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hawks will come out flying.  Gotta survive the first 10 minutes and then slowly take their will away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins still getting stronger... I'm not predicting individual wins or losses but I see a Cup in the near future!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

but you know what?? in retrospect they're ALL huge games!

Kind of the point though, Dez. They did work that hard and took game 3 and thus have the juice. The fact game 1 was a big sqander makes the B's work in games 2 and 3 all the more impressive...but if they don't want it more than them tonight and go into game 5 tied they'll leave very little room for error. If they put the boot down tonight, this thing will be close to over.

Tonight is the B's big chance to mortally wound Chief Blackhawk

I'm just amazed by the series winning percentage of game 3 winners. No doubt tonight is huge too OB. Go Bruins! 2 more wins!

Sections
Shortcuts