PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!

Subban clearly is a very talented guy... but that "shushing" the crowd BS will not allow me to respect him for any reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!:
    Krejci, Lucic, Alexandrov, Cross, Sauve, Knight and Spooner, all 2nd rounders, are not busts yet. Until Subban starts facing players after jamming them in the back of the leg then skating away and to Cowboys point PK is a chump who happens to be talented!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Agree that PC has been pretty good with his 2md rounders. I'm talking about the future.  A great D can be available in the 2nd round also.
    Subban sure had punk attitude , in the end he bowed to the Bruins.
    In an interview from the lockerroom he praised the Bruins and said sure there was a lot words said during the season but both teams in the end respected each other.
    Ahhhh maybe I'm just in a great mood and next season the first chance I get I'll start hating the guy again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Agree that PC has been pretty good with his 2md rounders. I'm talking about the future.  A great D can be available in the 2nd round also. Subban sure had punk attitude , in the end he bowed to the Bruins. In an interview from the lockerroom he praised the Bruins and said sure there was a lot words said during the season but both teams in the end respected each other. Ahhhh maybe I'm just in a great mood and next season the first chance I get I'll start hating the guy again.
    Posted by BsLegion

I'll stick with Marchand and him saying "We hate each other". That's my kind of punk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : I don't like guys who smile after losing a series.. He should be pissed off that his team lost ..Correction for you Legion! We had a guy like him who liked to smile after a loss in the playoffs when the B's got bounced.. Initial' s JT ring a bell.. It will always be embedded in my brain the sight of him shaking hands and yukking it up with Theodore after losing the series where he got no points..
    Posted by cowboys9

Maybe because you had JT on your mind.  I never watch the handshake when Bruins lose.  I'm a sore loser.
    I thought he was being a good sport. Again,  my joy might have blinded me but next season I'll hate the kid all over again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!:
    Chiarelli did you see him ????  He's a 2nd rounder.  You don't need a high profile pick. I got a new respect for Subban. The guy shook everyone's hand with a big freakin smile KUDOS to him! He gave all the B players a tap and surely said good things. I wish the Bruins get a guy like that. NOW KABERLE. I don't care what he does the rest of the playoffs BUT NO WAY DO I WANT THE BRUINS TO SIGN THIS GUY. NO NO WAY !! Tonight was the last straw.
    Posted by BsLegion

I think Kaberle should get re-signed, hes too good to play this way over any extended period of time. he is however driving his value down

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I am in the immensely talented A**Hole category.  I do not look forward to play against him for the next twelve years at all, and I think we will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Very talented kid. Just a shame about all the diving. Here it is again. Timber.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK2EJhuHsl0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Subban clearly is a very talented guy... but that "shushing" the crowd BS will not allow me to respect him for any reason.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

He should have given the crowd the finger. That would have been fine! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : He should have given the crowd the finger. That would have been fine! :)
    Posted by Kennedy97

What?, since Ference did a mia culpa, I would imagine Suban would skate backwards into the dressing room after throwing the purposed finger.  He is a talented player, but there is a reason he was drafted in the second round. Heh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Chiarelli did you see him ????  He's a 2nd rounder.  You don't need a high profile pick. I got a new respect for Subban. The guy shook everyone's hand with a big freakin smile KUDOS to him! He gave all the B players a tap and surely said good things. I wish the Bruins get a guy like that. NOW KABERLE. I don't care what he does the rest of the playoffs BUT NO WAY DO I WANT THE BRUINS TO SIGN THIS GUY. NO NO WAY !! Tonight was the last straw.
    Posted by BsLegion

Have to agree. They handled themselves well after a really tough loss. Unfortunately they showed a lack of respect for the game while it was being played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Subban is at the top of my most hated list.

But...

I LOVE the nuts and bolts of his game. The whole whining/diving/disrespect thing should have been handled by the Montreal leaders a long time ago, but that's not the team's mentality. He's young, brash and has talent, and sometimes athletes like that need a good reality check from their own teammates. He's not going to change because Bruins fans or Richards say he should...it has to come from within the organization.

Wonder what Bergeron, Thonrton and Recchi would say to him if he were on the Bs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

PK tried to do the equivalent of the Ference Finger by miming "where are all the boos" gesture after his PP goal. Unfortunately the final score and the +/- stats show otherwise.

PK -2
    Cammy -3
    Gionta -3
    Gomez -3

Ference +3

Tough series either way -- Any of the 7 games could have gone either way. Hats off to both teams. B's fought thru a ton of adversity -- They will need to do the same in the next round. Look for Carcillo trying to beat out Habs for the next academy award.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : What?, since Ference did a mia culpa.
    Posted by islamorada

Saying he got his glove stuck and it was an accident is a mea culpa? You're havin' a laugh!

Look, I have no issue with Ference's finger; never did. I thought it was much ado about nothing (ditto Paccioretty's tweet, and most of the relatively tame smack talk all year from Marchand, Subban, Recchi or anyone else). No different with Subban last night, except that it's Subban, which means it'll get more attention that it actually deserves, and would receive if it was almost anyone else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Subban's a very talented player and seems like a very hard-working guy off the ice.

His swagger on the ice is part of his style, and that's fine, but I do not like his dives and embellishments. He's got too much skill and, if you've ever watched him be interviewed, you know he's smart enough and has enough respect for his opponents to just play the game really well. He's really young, so he'll probably grow up in a year or two...like Price did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Posted by BsLegion

I agree with you Legion.  Subban was incredible the entire series, especially with a target on his back.  He logged huge minutes, took a lot of hits, gave out a lot of hits and that goal was an absolute rocket!

He is going to be real good (he is already). 

He definitely has swagger thought, which I like actually.  I also with the Leafs had this guy and being a 2nd rounder shows you what good scouting can do.  As a Leaf fan and seeing how good the scouting staff has been assembled by Burke, I hold out hope that we can hit lightening in a bottle too.

As far as Kaberle, I have to say I'm disappointed and surprised on how mediocre he has been.  If I were the Bruins, I don't think I would sign him after this year either.  He's more suited to a team like Detroit where I think he would excel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Saying he got his glove stuck and it was an accident is a mea culpa? You're havin' a laugh! Look, I have no issue with Ference's finger; never did. I thought it was much ado about nothing (ditto Paccioretty's tweet, and most of the relatively tame smack talk all year from Marchand, Subban, Recchi or anyone else). No different with Subban last night, except that it's Subban, which means it'll get more attention that it actually deserves, and would receive if it was almost anyone else.
    Posted by Kennedy97

As much as I wanted to see the Bruins win this, I lost alot of respect for Ferrence.  I don't buy that excuse, it was a deliberate finger at the end of the game and that is simply disrespectful.

Coupled with that cheap shot that got missed by the refs where he throw the shoulder to the head of Halpren (I think) as he was skating away from the puck.

Ferrence is a punk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just hope Subban goes the way of Phaneuf, strong start and fades fast.

Also, Subban would be better if he focused more on his play rather than acting and irritating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

huh? ference cheap shotted who? halpern skated into ference. ference never moved. the guy skated INTO him with his head down! stating he "threw the shoulder", is simply not accurate. this hit is similiar to the one that hurt crosby, skater1 is where he is, skater2 skates blindly into skater1. no penalty, no ill intent. is skater1 supposed to move out of the way? and say excuse me?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Coupled with that cheap shot that got missed by the refs where he throw the shoulder to the head of Halpren (I think) as he was skating away from the puck. Ferrence is a punk.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

NONSENSE. Halperin skated right into him (iirc, when the puck was already out of the zone).

Ference should get an "attaboy" on the phone call today and nothing more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Hate to say it but PK is the next Ray Bourque. He'll be a 18-25 goal, 75 point man in the years to come. And his attitude is, call it what you want but winners often have his demeanor. Look at Crosby in hockey, Anderson Silva in MMA, Ali in boxing. The attitude comes basically from knowing you're better than the other guy. Bruins need some of that jam.

And, yes, can the Kaberle experiment. It's ben an utter disaster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : As much as I wanted to see the Bruins win this, I lost alot of respect for Ferrence.  I don't buy that excuse, it was a deliberate finger at the end of the game and that is simply disrespectful. Coupled with that cheap shot that got missed by the refs where he throw the shoulder to the head of Halpren (I think) as he was skating away from the puck. Ferrence is a punk.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

LRH, being a punk is not looking at your behavior as being disrespectful. Your assessment is way off in comparison to Subban.  Ference apologized for giving the finger.  He sticks up for his teammates, and fights his own battles.  Now for the kid, Subban, he cross checked Marchand three times severely in the back in game 6. Not only was there absolutely no call, Subban skated backwards and acted like he was being attacked incorrectly.  On top of that, Gill had to stand between the dancing backwards Subban as the Bs wondered in bewilderment about his actions.  Lame azz analysis LRH!

Now for clarification on my views, I stated on here the keys to Montreal success before the series was the play of Price and Subban. I said that to Kennedy... and I was correct.  Subban is a very skilled player, but by no means is Ference in the same like and kind.  I hope he will mature.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Hate to say it but PK is the next Ray Bourque. He'll be a 18-25 goal, 75 point man in the years to come. And his attitude is, call it what you want but winners often have his demeanor. Look at Crosby in hockey, Anderson Silva in MMA, Ali in boxing. The attitude comes basically from knowing you're better than the other guy. Bruins need some of that jam. And, yes, can the Kaberle experiment. It's ben an utter disaster.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

The saddest part about PK is that he doesn't need to be a dirty diving player to be in this league yet he does it anyways. I will never respect the guy as I think he's a piece of garbage. Love his game but the cheap stuff is deplorable and because of that, I wish nothing but failure for him. He changes his game, I change my tune. I hate the Yankees but have always respected and admired Jeter for the the way he plays the game. PK insults the game with every dive and cheap shot.

I think the Bs will resign Kaberle, I'm just glad it will be for a lot less than what I was expecting after playing like carp.

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : As much as I wanted to see the Bruins win this, I lost alot of respect for Ferrence.  I don't buy that excuse, it was a deliberate finger at the end of the game and that is simply disrespectful. Coupled with that cheap shot that got missed by the refs where he throw the shoulder to the head of Halpren (I think) as he was skating away from the puck. Ferrence is a punk.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

He ran into Ference's shoulder and I have no problem with him giving the Habs fans the finger. Is it disrespectful - absolutely. But you're telling me that Habs fans have respect for the Bruins? You need to give respect to get it.

I think the Habs really believe that it is the opposing players job to keep them healthy and safe. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Ference showing some emotion (the finger) at that point of the game and series was fine with me.

As for Halpern, come on, he needs to take some responsibility. He and Ference were equally at fault for that play. But Ference was in that spot first and Halpern was moving -- Halpern has a duty to look where he's going, Ference does not have a duty to get out of the way.

I would also go as far as to say he embellished the aftermath since he didn't go to the quiet room, was out playing shortly after, and, karma being karma, he tipped home the winner for us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : NONSENSE. Halperin skated right into him (iirc, when the puck was already out of the zone). Ference should get an "attaboy" on the phone call today and nothing more.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

Ference knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He moved to make contact, and clearly meant to get a lick in on Halpern. Some of you make it sound like Ference stood by innocently and went "Oopsie!" when Halpern came close to him.

Now: given that it's Game 7, a tied game, the 3rd period, if I were Ference, I'd do the exact same thing.

Anyone who thinks that Ference didn't deliberately give Halpern the shoulder when he had the opportunity is out of their mind. As is anyone who wrings their hands about it and doesn't accept it as part of the game at this level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Ference knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He initiated contact, and meant to get a lick in on Halpern. Some of you make it sound like Ference stood by innocently and went "Oopsie!" when Halpern came close to him. Given that it's Game 7, a tied game, the 3rd period, if I were him, I'd do the exact same thing. Anyone who thinks that Ference didn't deliberately give Halpern the shoulder when he had the opportunity is out of their mind. As is anyone who wrings their hands about it and doesn't accept it as part of the game at this level.
    Posted by Kennedy97

I agree with you here Ken. He did know exactly what he was doing. With the way the Habs were selling plays and playing. But, he didn't skate with any force into him, he stood his ground.

Sections
Shortcuts