P.K Subban hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

P.K Subban hit

I just want other people to comment on the hit on Marchand.  To me it didn`t look clean. Can`t turn your back and jump at a player. Just plain stupid. what`s your call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: P.K Subban hit

Frankly, I thought it was a WONDERFUL hit, the kind of good, hard clean hit "the new NHL" needs much more of.  Just because it happened to one of our Bruins doesn't change that.  Maybe it'll inspire our sleepy group of Bruins to do the same!  I  can dream can't I?...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Comparing Subban to Raymond Bourque is the joke of the Year!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: P.K Subban hit:
    [QUOTE]Comparing Subban to Raymond Bourque is the joke of the Year!!!!!!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

hey hey, I agree with you ,  he just reminds me the way he breaks out with the puck and his build.  LOL 
    I don't think Suban will get the same point totals that Ray got when his playing days are over. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Subban has some skating abilities somewhat like Ray but to me thats about as far as it goes.....Ray was a total class act....Subban is a big mouth and completely at the opposite end of the scale....his day is coming which cant be soon enough for me!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

With Markov done for the season, Subban is one of montreals top defenseman who gets 20 minutes a game. Why should he feel the need to hurt his team by spending 5 minutes in the penalty box when all he did was throw a clean hit. He's playing by the rules. Not fighting in that situation isnt him being a pansy, it's him not wanting to hurt his team.

P.S- Marchand, you are not Bobby Orr

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Subban has some skating abilities somewhat like Ray but to me thats about as far as it goes.....Ray was a total class act....Subban is a big mouth and completely at the opposite end of the scale....his day is coming which cant be soon enough for me!!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

And yes I forgot to say that, character wise far from Ray.  I'll compare him to a Montreal D,  he's also far from a Larry Robinson , Guy Lapointe and Serge Savard. Those guys were classy, Subban far from it although he does have some talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

Komisarek was also hitting hard, mostly smaller players, until the day he met Lucic.  Komisarek was never the same after. I will remember that day for ever and so should Subban; his turn may come if he keeps at it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Great open ice hit....that is good ole fashion hockey....to me, the retaliation was ridiculous....is that what the game is coming to?  Going after a player for a solid, clean body check.  How about simply playing harder and picking up the intensity.  Canadiens have NO size at all and the best way to play that team is to physically challenge and hit them from the opening whistle.  Unfortunately, this Bruins team is not playing with the intensity is was earlier in the year.  Hopefully it's just a slump, but it has been like this for atleast the past 8-10 games, and even though they were raking up points, the team looks tired and out of it lately.
    Posted by dskerr[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more..especially the intensity part.. but that is the new way of the NHL it seems.... Every game I seem to watch now it's actually appauling that good clean hits are not seen for what they are , and then teammates come to the rescue and basically accomplish nothing except put your team shorthanded and put the refs on notice that you will get called for further retaliation.... So , if that is the intention , then go for all the marbles , drop one glove and sucker PK right in the chops and get kicked out of the game..Not like Campbell did and make himself look silly... Let clean hits add to the enjoyment of the game..As they say " Keep your head up "  Dish some out too like Boychuk did ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]With Markov done for the season, Subban is one of montreals top defenseman who gets 20 minutes a game. Why should he feel the need to hurt his team by spending 5 minutes in the penalty box when all he did was throw a clean hit. He's playing by the rules. Not fighting in that situation isnt him being a pansy, it's him not wanting to hurt his team. P.S- Marchand, you are not Bobby Orr
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    It wasn't the hit! I think it was an amazing hockey hit! He could've gave Brad an elbow very easily there. The slew foot on Campbell is the issue. I don't think ANYONE should have to fight everytime they throw a good hit. However, if you're going to play that style you should be willing to answer the bell. He's a punk that way. He has skated away from all confrontations this year! All he does is yap his gums like Lapuke does!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, if PJ Stock says it, it's GOT to be true.....

Well why would the guy lie? Why would he say that if that isn't what he heard? There hasn't been a big report or article in the Montreal Gazzette saying "PJ STOCK LIES ABOUT PLAYERS ON HABS WANTING SUBBAN BENCHED!" I think where 2/3 of the Gazzette is about the Canadiens that story would be in there somewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Frankly, I thought it was a WONDERFUL hit, the kind of good, hard clean hit "the new NHL" needs much more of.  Just because it happened to one of our Bruins doesn't change that.  Maybe it'll inspire our sleepy group of Bruins to do the same!  I  can dream can't I?...
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

I watch a lot of RedWings games when I can and that hit has been done so many times by Niklas Kronwall who I think right now might be the best open ice hitter in the NHL.. He devastates people..Boychuk does alright for the Bruins in that Dept as well.. McQuaid would be nice if he could contribute some of that as well.. Our D, outside of Chara , no one fears going into corners with any of them quite frankly because they are simply not physical enough.. and they know the turn pucks over once they are pressured..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]With Markov done for the season, Subban is one of montreals top defenseman who gets 20 minutes a game. Why should he feel the need to hurt his team by spending 5 minutes in the penalty box when all he did was throw a clean hit. He's playing by the rules. Not fighting in that situation isnt him being a pansy, it's him not wanting to hurt his team. P.S- Marchand, you are not Bobby Orr
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    Top guys don't get scratched 4 out of 6 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Well, if PJ Stock says it, it's GOT to be true..... Well why would the guy lie? Why would he say that if that isn't what he heard? There hasn't been a big report or article in the Montreal Gazzette saying "PJ STOCK LIES ABOUT PLAYERS ON HABS WANTING SUBBAN BENCHED!" I think where 2/3 of the Gazzette is about the Canadiens that story would be in there somewhere.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

It's not that he'd lie; it's that he's not a journalist and has no credibility with...well...anyone.  Him being dead wrong wouldn't be anything new.  Don't put any faith into any of PJ's journalistic efforts, because he's patently not a journalist. He's a commentator, and a poor one at that.

But remember; he's not biased at all. Neither are Mike Milbury and Don Cherry. Everyone on HNIC loves the Canadiens. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.K Subban hit : It's not that he'd lie; it's that he's not a journalist and has no credibility with...well...anyone.  Him being dead wrong wouldn't be anything new.  Don't put any faith into any of PJ's journalistic efforts, because he's patently not a journalist. He's a commentator, and a poor one at that. But remember; he's not biased at all. Neither are Mike Milbury and Don Cherry. Everyone on HNIC loves the Canadiens. :)
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Can you give us some insight as to why Subban has been sctatched so often lately?It seems he gets plenty of quality ice when he plays but then is sat.What's the deal?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

He got sat because of his mouth. Kennedy may not like the fact, but that is the reason. It was said on Satellite Radio & by PJ Stock who may not be a journalist, but he TALKS TO THE PLAYERS! Kennedy doesn't. I can promise you PJ Stock will be 100x more right than Kennedy! He was told numerous times by his teammates to settle down with his trap! He didn't so some of the older players went to Martin & asked him to be scratched. Why Subban got scratched but Lapuke never does is beyond me! Last year somebody on the Habs had a talk to Likemydress & Lapuke for their mouth too! Pretty bad when you have a bunch of tulips (please use a different flower name that starts with p) that will shoot their mouth off, but have no rocks to back it up! At least players like Carcillo will fight. These clowns have their gloves cemented on! They're a disgrace to an original 6 franchise!
    Oh BTW Kennedy if someone says something that isn't true? That's called a lie dude. So, if you say that PJ Stock is wrong about the Subban story & it came out his mouth live on TV then you're calling PJ Stock a liar. There's no such thing as well "he really wouldn't lie." There's no half lies. It's either a lie, or truth. There's no in between.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.K Subban hit : Can you give us some insight as to why Subban has been sctatched so often lately?It seems he gets plenty of quality ice when he plays but then is sat.What's the deal?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

According to what I read on tsn.ca, Subban was a healthy scratch for 3 games recently due to a crisis in  self-confidence.  The guy reportedly had several consecutive bad minus games, and found himself kind of freezing up while on the ice, couldn't make a good first pass, etc.  He's a rookie, the usual growing pains made worse due to more toi with Markov out. If Montreal doesn't want him, I'd be happy to have him here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: P.K Subban hit : I watch a lot of RedWings games when I can and that hit has been done so many times by Niklas Kronwall who I think right now might be the best open ice hitter in the NHL.. He devastates people..Boychuk does alright for the Bruins in that Dept as well.. McQuaid would be nice if he could contribute some of that as well.. Our D, outside of Chara , no one fears going into corners with any of them quite frankly because they are simply not physical enough.. and they know the turn pucks over once they are pressured..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I agree with your take on Kronwall. I've been watching Nik since he was with the Griffins and he has always hit like this. For a smaller guy he hits like a Mack truck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Ya, mallrat thought he was playing pond hockey out near the trailer park in Sackville when he tried going coast to coast there.... clean hit. In fact, any D who didn't line him up under those circumstances would be seriously questioned......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

since when did being a journalist mean you know anything?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Being a journalist doesn't mean you know all. However, my point is why would PJ say that to Mike Milbury if it wasn't true? Why would PJ put himself out there as a fabricator? PJ never said anything about confidence being down, nothing about anything else. He said the vets had something to do with it. Also the samething was said by another Montreal guy who does the Canadiens games on radio. His interview was on Satellite Radio. Murray something is his name.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE] Oh BTW Kennedy if someone says something that isn't true? That's called a lie dude. So, if you say that PJ Stock is wrong about the Subban story & it came out his mouth live on TV then you're calling PJ Stock a liar. There's no such thing as well "he really wouldn't lie." There's no half lies. It's either a lie, or truth. There's no in between.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

This is why I can tell you're not very smart.

If someone says something that they THINK is true and it turns out it ISN'T, it's not lying. It's simply being wrong. This has happened to PJ Stock on numerous occasions, usually via Montreal radio.

If someone says something that they KNOW is untrue, it's lying. To my knowledge, this has never been an issue for PJ Stock.

Do you understand the difference? It's really not that hard.

To address one of your other stupid, shortsighted comments (I'll specify which as most of your comments are stupid and shortsighted), PJ Stock does indeed talk to players. However, he also injects his own personal conclusions from the comments that he hears. No problem there, since he's a commentator, and even not-very-good commentators are free to opine. But many times, the jump he makes to reach his conclusion is in error.

This happens all the time, and if you actually followed the Canadiens (as opposed to making up unfunny, unoriginal and overall lame nicknames for Habs players) you'd know this.

I don't know why PK Subban was sat. I don't honestly care why he was, or even THAT he was, since he's a developing rookie and most developing rookies will see some press box time. However, claiming that PJ Stock's comments are gospel is ignorant based on PJ's commenting history, which you clearly know nothing about. But hey--posting things about which you know nothing is par for the course for you. It is in fact about the only thing you seem to do well, so keep up the fine, fine work.

Also: Murray Wilson is no longer a Canadiens broadcaster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Murray Wilson was a broadcaster though right? With the Canadiens? If they said FORMER I missed that. So is he another one that only THINKS too! PJ didn't say he thinks. He said it as a factual statement! If you don't like the nicknames that's given to your SCABS than leave. You seem to be awfully defensive Kennedy. Truth hurts that you have a team full of tulips? These so called Canadiens are a disgrace to the franchise! At least they used to have someone that would answer the bell! What? Is Mike I'm a fairy your new tough guy?  
    BTW- I suppose these guys don't know anything either.

http://www.habstalkradio.com/1326/pk-subban-benched-for-disturbing-plekanec/