PK Subban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: PK Subban

He's a great young talent. I'd put him right up there with anybody, what he has can't be taught. Love to have him on the B's, and would give up a lot to get him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The guy's got a howitzer for a shot, can skate with the Brian Campbell's, can lay some hits & has has lots of confidence & swagger. He has the potential to be a yearly Norris (I agree with Shupe- Bobby Orr Trophy) candidate, but he can still be an idiot- which is why he'll get no votes this season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

My opinion of him increases the further I get from watching him play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

The guy's got a howitzer for a shot, can skate with the Brian Campbell's, can lay some hits & has has lots of confidence & swagger. He has the potential to be a yearly Norris (I agree with Shupe- Bobby Orr Trophy) candidate, but he can still be an idiot- which is why he'll get no votes this season. 

Campbell is great.  He's always looked over, maybe because he gets buried about his contract, but he plays all three zones and rings up the points.  Being on woeful Florida doesn't help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Campbell is great.  He's always looked over, maybe because he gets buried about his contract, but he plays all three zones and rings up the points.  Being on woeful Florida doesn't help.

Absolutely right about Campbell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

the guys an idiot and it would be a sad day that his name "graced" the same trophy as Robert Gordon Orr......as much as the Norris Trophy has become what an Academy Award ironically became when Whoopie Goldberg won for that tripe "Ghost"(as strange an analogy as that may seem....)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

leading d men in points doesn't mean he's elite. he is a great talent, but that doesn't mean he's a number one d man. He's great on the PP, and a good player, but Erik Karlsson led NHL d men in points last year and i can think of five d men in 10 seconds that i would take over him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He is super talented and would love to see him in Beantown. Would love to see him and Hamilton on the PP together. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to golden9x's comment:

the guys an idiot and it would be a sad day that his name "graced" the same trophy as Robert Gordon Orr......as much as the Norris Trophy has become what an Academy Award ironically became when Whoopie Goldberg won for that tripe "Ghost"(as strange an analogy as that may seem....)

I reported you! No need of that BS here! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Always liked Campbell's game. Very underrated imo! Still love that hit on Umberger!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He is super talented and would love to see him in Beantown. Would love to see him and Hamilton on the PP together. 

Not unil they both mature a bit defensively, but maybe for 2018? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

leading d men in points doesn't mean he's elite. he is a great talent, but that doesn't mean he's a number one d man. He's great on the PP, and a good player, but Erik Karlsson led NHL d men in points last year and i can think of five d men in 10 seconds that i would take over him. 

Who won the norris last year.  5 dmen.  There are 30 teams.  Pts is one thing but he also kills pp. and normally plays against top lines and logs about 28 minutes a game.  In my eyes thats a number 1 dman.  In fact its a pretty good definition of a number one dman.  Hes on the rise and i do agree with dez that he needs to do it year in year out.  I think he has the right mind set and a fat contract to play for.  Hes a stud.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Over karlsson?   You are nuts.  Hes one of the most exciting "players" in the game.  You cant teach what he has.  Hes a magician out there.  give me your 5.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Karlsson at the time of his injury was arguably one of the top 10 players in the league. Teams playing Ottawa had to be aware that Karlsson was a major factor in their offence. His defensive play had also improved this year. His speed enabled him to get in on the offense and be back on time for defence.

He was as fun to watch as any player in the NHL.  

P.S. Your 10 seconds and 5 defencemen missed a heck of a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Reminds me of Brian Leetch allot. Campbell can do what Leetch never did, lay the occasional crunching hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm sure Bruins fans would welcome Subban to replace Ference/Seidenberg/ or anyone but Chara. He may now be getting better coaching with Therrien, but the Bruins coaching staff have yet to inspire quality decisions from Boychuck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wow!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wow!!

Nite, it's not that crazy of a statement. Some people wouldcould still prefer Chara, Weber, Doughty, Keith, Pietroangelo or Shattenkirk for examples. It would depend on how much you're willing to buy unto Karlson's defensive shortcomings. Some could be afraid he'll drop off like Mike Green and some other youngsters tend to often do. I'm not saying that's right but it's also not as crazy as you think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Over karlsson?   You are nuts.  Hes one of the most exciting "players" in the game.  You cant teach what he has.  Hes a magician out there.  give me your 5.  

pietrangelo, chara, weber, suter, keith. those are just the easy ones. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh, and doughty. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pietrangelo, chara, weber, suter, keith. those are just the easy ones. 

Suter?  Wow.  

Are you saying you wouldnt trade chara for him?   karlsson was on pace to win mvp of the league.  Hes no mike green.  

I would trade any bruin for him without a second hesitation.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez, if you want a definition of inconsistant i will throw doughty.  Amazing last year.  Avg this year.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For future and now my list of players are as follows

sid/toews/stampkos/karlsson/datsyuk.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dez, if you want a definition of inconsistant i will throw doughty.  Amazing last year.  Avg this year.  

Doughty this has been a big dissapointment. I'd take Subban over Doughty in a second. For the life of me, I don't get  why people look at Karlsson, see his numbers and say he's terrible defensively. That takes time,  as it did with Pietrangelo, he may not ever be as good defensivley, but it has improved and holy crap he is the best offensive d-man by a very wide margin, and he was only getting better at that too. Suter and Weber? have you seen these two play without each other. Both very dissapointing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Doughty this has been a big dissapointment. I'd take Subban over Doughty in a second. For the life of me, I don't get  why people look at Karlsson, see his numbers and say he's terrible defensively. That takes time,  as it did with Pietrangelo, he may not ever be as good defensivley, but it has improved and holy crap he is the best offensive d-man by a very wide margin, and he was only getting better at that too. Suter and Weber? have you seen these two play without each other. Both very dissapointing.

When you can skate and control the puck like he doesnt neec to level people with big hits.  Hes amazing coming out of his own end and making people miss.  Hes a superstar.  Lidstrom positioned him self perfectly but people debate his greatness bc he didnt steam role people.  

Karlsson isnt ba big physical beast.  If he was he couldnt do what he does.  Which is something no one else in the league can do.   To me he is the most exciting player in the league outside sid.  

Sections
Shortcuts