PK Subban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PK Subban

Lets talk PK for a minute.  

6+9 for 15 pts. 12 ppp. 18 gms. 

Who doesnt think hes a top notch nhl dman?  Not a number 2 guy.  A number 1 guy.  Montreal did the right thing.  But man hes gonna make them pay.  He will be on Canada next year and can hang with Brad.  

i guess he needs another year of the ho hum same performance.  Hes getting better.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: PK Subban

In response to shuperman's comment:

Who doesnt think hes a top notch nhl dman?  Not a number 2 guy.  A number 1 guy.  Montreal did the right thing.  But man hes gonna make them pay.  He will be on Canada next year and can hang with Brad.  

i guess he needs another year of the ho hum same performance.  Hes getting better.  

Yeah, he's right up there with Raphael Diaz. Let's put up a statue of him with a plaque that says "Shupe jumps the gun". This isn't going to end up like Stanley and Wheeler is it?  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Very solid player when his game is not to bait than switch.  If I am a Canadien fan, Marchand is on par with the antics of Subban. Not a bad comparison yet being a Bs fan I like Marchand as he plays with an edge without doing a Greg Louganis.  No one on here will doubt Subban as a player just the fact he is the reincarnation of Claude Lemieux, turtled after being an azz while Neely is about to punch his llights out.  

So Shupe, what is your point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Very solid player when his game is not to bait than switch.  If I am a Canadien fan, Marchand is on par with the antics of Subban. Not a bad comparison yet being a Bs fan I like Marchand as he plays with an edge without doing a Greg Louganis.  No one on here will doubt Subban as a player just the fact he is the reincarnation of Claude Lemieux, turtled after being an azz while Neely is about to punch his llights out.  

you missed the thread im assuming.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

Justin Schultz was tearing it up too. So was Diaz. All I ask for is more than just a good month before you start up the "I told you so's". That's not a lot to ask is it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's playing well.  Therrien has been giving him a coach's cold shoulder all season, and Subban is reacting like a star, instead of like a PK Subban.

Unlike a lot of cannons from the blueline, his shots go in once in a while as well.

I still dislike him 100%, but you can't deny his talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Justin Schultz was tearing it up too. So was Diaz. All I ask for is more than just a good month before you start up the "I told you so's". That's not a lot to ask is it?

This isnt his 1st year Dez, i stand by my norris trophy comment.  If he piles the pts up at this pace he has an outside shot to win this year.  

And if i can chime in and eat crow on guys you better be the first one on this.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shupe is anyone arguing he is not good?  maybe great?  He is still a little bit of the right of Nova Scotia when it comes to playing real hockey!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe is anyone arguing he is not good?  maybe great?  He is still a little bit of the right of Nova Scotia when it comes to playing real hockey!

haha.  Sidney Crosby right?   Hmmmm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

This isnt his 1st year Dez, i stand by my norris trophy comment.  If he piles the pts up at this pace he has an outside shot to win this year.  

Shupe, he's just barely ahead of Diaz is the point. He's played only 17 games and you're talking Norris trophy. I can't even tell if you're just being funny because that would make more sense. Why should he be considered any more than Diaz, who plays the same minutes and leads the Habs D in +/-?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, he's just barely ahead of Diaz is the point. He's played only 17 games and you're talking Norris trophy. I can't even tell if you're just being funny because that would make more sense. Why should he be considered any more than Diaz, who plays the same minutes and leads the Habs D in +/-?

Hes also past him now in less gms and not far behind letang.  Its half way pt isnt it?   Hes having a heck of a year.  I mean diaz has more pts then your boy Drew.  Guess hes better then Drew.  Who has been terrible this year by the way.  He played in 17 gms but his team has played more.  

Heck of a talent and wins a norris before hes done.  His play continues to progress.  For some reason you dont see this.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure how many Habs games you've seen this year, but Subban vs. Diaz is no contest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hes also past him now in less gms and not far behind letang.  Its half way pt isnt it?   Hes having a heck of a year.  I mean diaz has more pts then your boy Drew.  Guess hes better then Drew.  Who has been terrible this year by the way.  He played in 17 gms but his team has played more.  

Heck of a talent and wins a norris before hes done.  His play continues to progress.  For some reason you dont see this.  

I'll congratulate you if he wins but for now I'll just keep doodling statue designs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I agree with Shupe that PK is a very talented player.....could win a Norris someday.  I just don't respect the way he plays the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'll congratulate you if he wins but for now I'll just keep doodling statue designs.

His games getting better.  Thats all i was pointing out in the other thread.  I think hes a fantastic player.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I've never said PK wasn't a good player. I just need to see better for longer before a I'll start talking about him winning awards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I've never said PK wasn't a good player. I just need to see better for longer before a I'll start talking about him winning awards.

I doubt he'll win it this year or next.  Norris voting is so soup du jour it's ridiculous.  Someday he may.  He certainly can skate and shoot.  His defensive play is improving.  He's still a bad decision maker, not all the time, but it's noticeable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Perhaps he will mature in time, much like Chelios did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm not sure how many Habs games you've seen this year, but Subban vs. Diaz is no contest.

I've seen most of their games. The point is that if you want to use stats and ice time to indicate a player's worth then said player should at least be well ahead of Diaz before awarding him a Norris. That is all. As of this moment, I don't think PK's even near being a finalist for the award.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I doubt he'll win it this year or next.  Norris voting is so soup du jour it's ridiculous.  Someday he may.  He certainly can skate and shoot.  His defensive play is improving.  He's still a bad decision maker, not all the time, but it's noticeable.

Is soup du jour french for pk wins norris? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Norris is a joke most of the time.  The media darlings get nominated.  Karlsson's win killed it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Norris is a joke most of the time.  The media darlings get nominated.  Karlsson's win killed it.

Thats my point on pts.  No chance green should be there.  But if pk keeps pumping pts in he will get mentioned.  Especially in montreal.  They need a def defenseman award and then change the norris to the bobby orr award.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Perhaps he will mature in time, much like Chelios did.

Yep Chris was a punk for a long time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

he is a world of talent as talented as any defenseman in the game