PK Subban

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: PK Subban

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dez, if you want a definition of inconsistant i will throw doughty.  Amazing last year.  Avg this year.  

Yep, that's what most young players are. That's always been my point all along regarding Subban. Do it for longer and I'll buy into the hype but as of now, the PK that I've seen is still prone to overhandling  the puck sometimes. I don't see the defensive stalwart that you're seeing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dez, if you want a definition of inconsistant i will throw doughty.  Amazing last year.  Avg this year.  

Yep, that's what most young players are. That's always been my point all along regarding Subban. Do it for longer and I'll buy into the hype but as of now, the PK that I've seen is still prone to overhandling  the puck sometimes. I don't see the defensive stalwart that you're seeing.

Hes learning but most top dmen dont hit their prime till later.  We have a 4 year sample size.  I think his game has been consistant and improved more than doughty.  Doughty has the ability to dominate as we have seen.  I question his desire and conditioning.  And his conditioning has been an issue.  Not sure the same can be said about pk.  If i could chose one i would take pk.  And i really like drew.  And i know 99 percent would go against this pick.  I just dont think drew could handle a huge hockey market.  Imagine drew in leaf land.  I think drew can turn it on when he wants.  But hes had a few stinker seasons.  Stinkers for his standard.  His stinker is still better than the majority 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll take P.K over Doughty Shupe...I'd take P.K over anyobody not named Karlsson. You said Karlsson was the most exciting player other than Sid. I couldnt agree with that more. I like all the defenseman mentioned above, would take any of them on my team. I like Niklas Kronwall alot also, very steady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'll take P.K over Doughty Shupe...I'd take P.K over anyobody not named Karlsson. You said Karlsson was the most exciting player other than Sid. I couldnt agree with that more. I like all the defenseman mentioned above, would take any of them on my team. I like Niklas Kronwall alot also, very steady.

Pietrangelo is the real deal for me and i have a huge man crush on him.  

karlsson. weber pietrangelo keith then pk for me.  For one game for all the marbles Chara.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Are you saying you wouldnt trade chara for him?   karlsson was on pace to win mvp of the league.  Hes no mike green.  

I would trade any bruin for him without a second hesitation.  

That's a bit aggressive. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Are you saying you wouldnt trade chara for him?   karlsson was on pace to win mvp of the league.  Hes no mike green.  

That's a bit aggressive. 

Welcome to Shupe's World - where guns have been jumped for over 3 decades.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

To put some perspective on it, PK is presently 80th among NHL D-men in minutes per game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

leading d men in points doesn't mean he's elite. he is a great talent, but that doesn't mean he's a number one d man. He's great on the PP, and a good player, but Erik Karlsson led NHL d men in points last year and i can think of five d men in 10 seconds that i would take over him. 

Over karlsson?   You are nuts.  Hes one of the most exciting "players" in the game.  You cant teach what he has.  Hes a magician out there.  give me your 5.  

pietrangelo, chara, weber, suter, keith. those are just the easy ones. 

Suter?  Wow.  

no i wouldn't trade chara for him. are you talking about PK or karlsson? if you're saying you would trade any bruin for PK I wouldn't trade Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Lucic, Krejci, Chara, Hamilton, or Rask for Subban straight up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To put some perspective on it, PK is presently 80th among NHL D-men in minutes per game.

Good find, Dez.  That shows how irrelevant that stat is at this point of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Whats he gotta do?   Hes a great young talent and likely will lead dmen in scoring at this pace.  Im still waiting for him to fizzle out.  

leading d men in points doesn't mean he's elite. he is a great talent, but that doesn't mean he's a number one d man. He's great on the PP, and a good player, but Erik Karlsson led NHL d men in points last year and i can think of five d men in 10 seconds that i would take over him. 

Over karlsson?   You are nuts.  Hes one of the most exciting "players" in the game.  You cant teach what he has.  Hes a magician out there.  give me your 5.  

pietrangelo, chara, weber, suter, keith. those are just the easy ones. 

Suter?  Wow.  

no i wouldn't trade chara for him. are you talking about PK or karlsson? if you're saying you would trade any bruin for PK I wouldn't trade Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Lucic, Krejci, Chara, Hamilton, or Rask for Subban straight up

No.  For karlsson.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If he had more minutes wouldnt his production go up?   :-). Scary since hes scoring lots.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That's a bit aggressive. 

Who on the bruins wouldnt you trade for karlsson?  the aging chara? Lucic?  Seguin?  Karlsson is just too good.  Any bruin in my eyes.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who on the bruins wouldnt you trade for karlsson?  the aging chara? Lucic?  Seguin?  Karlsson is just too good.  Any bruin in my eyes.  

Bruins I wouldn't trade for Karlsson:

Chara, Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Rask

Guys I wouldn't like to see traded for Karlsson:

Hamilton, Marchand

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bruins I wouldn't trade for Karlsson:

Chara, Seguin, Lucic, Bergeron, Rask

Guys I wouldn't like to see traded for Karlsson:

Hamilton, Marchand

I love all those guys as well.  And wouldnt wanna change the makeup of the team.  But from a pure hockey standpoint i would. Same for Toews or any of the other guys i mentioned.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Karlsson is really really good at what he does. I just don't see that style of player having that big of an effect on the game. A big time shut down d man i think has the biggest possible effect on a game, second is an absolute dominant two way center (crosby, toews, stamkos), go a long way down the line and you'll find the puck moving scoring defensemen. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Karlsson is really really good at what he does. I just don't see that style of player having that big of an effect on the game. A big time shut down d man i think has the biggest possible effect on a game, second is an absolute dominant two way center (crosby, toews, stamkos), go a long way down the line and you'll find the puck moving scoring defensemen. 

Problem is very few can stop them. Actually no one can. You try to contain them.  Dan Girardi is a great young dman.  He does a little bit of everything.  But when you have a guy like karlsson he changes games.  You can find a hall gill or brooks orpik to be a shut down type.  

i like all the guys we have been talking about.  Its been good back and forth.  I just personally love what karlsson can do.  I was a big stay at home dman and am in complete aw of karlsson.  His skating, vision, IQ, its just unreal.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Problem is very few can stop them. Actually no one can. You try to contain them.  Dan Girardi is a great young dman.  He does a little bit of everything.  But when you have a guy like karlsson he changes games.  You can find a hall gill or brooks orpik to be a shut down type.  

i like all the guys we have been talking about.  Its been good back and forth.  I just personally love what karlsson can do.  I was a big stay at home dman and am in complete aw of karlsson.  His skating, vision, IQ, its just unreal.  

take away Chara from the bruins and they're not a contender. take away weber from the preds and they aren't a playoff team. the kings might have lost in the first round if it weren't for doughty. karlsson gets hurt and there is barely a difference in the end product for ottawa 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

take away Chara from the bruins and they're not a contender. take away weber from the preds and they aren't a playoff team. the kings might have lost in the first round if it weren't for doughty. karlsson gets hurt and there is barely a difference in the end product for ottawa 

Boston would make the playoffs.  I agree on chara being vital but that really takes the feet outta that team which prides itself on its depth.   And nashville is so well coached i think he could put an ahl team in the playoffs.  Doughty stinks this year.  Hes known to be very inconsistant and outta shape.  

if you could pole gms if they would trade chara for karlsson right now what do you think they would do?  Assuming karlsson was healthy.  

Webber and pietrangelo might be the only two guys i would consider keeping over karlsson.  

Ottawa has been dealt a lot of injuries.  Spezza, cowan, michalek and now karlsson.  They are winning bc the guys replacing buy into the system and their goaltending has been unreal.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sorry, reread yours quickly and i agree on chara.  They would make the playoffs but couldnt contend.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i think if you asked most GMs if the bruins would get the better of that trade, they would probably say value wise yes, but it would make no sense for them to do so. Chara would help the bruins win more than a healthy Karlsson over the next 5 year stretch. And realistically the Bruins can't look further than that as they look to be contenders for that period. Karlsson may have more trade value simply because he's younger, but Chara is better today than Karlsson, and probably will be until he's 40. 

Karlsson is a guy who you can succeed without because other guys buy into the system. Chara is not. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Boston would make the playoffs.  I agree on chara being vital but that really takes the feet outta that team which prides itself on its depth.   And nashville is so well coached i think he could put an ahl team in the playoffs.   Doughty stinks this year.  Hes known to be very inconsistant and outta shape.  

if you could pole gms if they would trade chara for karlsson right now what do you think they would do?  Assuming karlsson was healthy.  

Webber and pietrangelo might be the only two guys i would consider keeping over karlsson.  

Ottawa has been dealt a lot of injuries.  Spezza, cowan, michalek and now karlsson.  They are winning bc the guys replacing buy into the system and their goaltending has been unreal.  

I watched the Kings again last night and Doughty played a great game in both ends regardless of what the score sheet said when it was over. The announcers were actually discussing how vital Doughty has been to the Kings recent surge in the standings. 

I can agree that PK has done well and Doughty has started slow but I'll still stick with the guy whose already been a Norris trophy finalist, won Olympic gold, and a Stanley Cup all before turning 23. Speaking of big games, Doughty plays better in those as evidenced by his 27 points in 32 playoff games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Boston would make the playoffs.  I agree on chara being vital but that really takes the feet outta that team which prides itself on its depth.   And nashville is so well coached i think he could put an ahl team in the playoffs.   Doughty stinks this year.  Hes known to be very inconsistant and outta shape.  

I watched the Kings again last night and Doughty played a great game in both ends regardless of what the score sheet said when it was over. The announcers were actually discussing how vital Doughty has been to the Kings recent surge in the standings. 

I can agree that PK has done well and Doughty has started slow but I'll still stick with the guy whose already been a Norris trophy finalist, won Olympic gold, and a Stanley Cup all before turning 23. Speaking of big games, Doughty plays better in those as evidenced by his 27 points in 32 playoff games.

Doughty has the ability to be the best in the league every night.  He is an amazing talent.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

i think if you asked most GMs if the bruins would get the better of that trade, they would probably say value wise yes, but it would make no sense for them to do so. Chara would help the bruins win more than a healthy Karlsson over the next 5 year stretch. And realistically the Bruins can't look further than that as they look to be contenders for that period. Karlsson may have more trade value simply because he's younger, but Chara is better today than Karlsson, and probably will be until he's 40. 

Karlsson is a guy who you can succeed without because other guys buy into the system. Chara is not. 

You dont know that.  Chara i think has slowed a step this year.  Hes not the beast he once was on a nightly basis.  Its the reason ive been screaming for them to add someone to save his legs.  

I dont think chara is better today.  I think karlsson is top 5 in the world.  

Anyway, i respect your opinion on this.  chara is the mvp of the league in my eyes.  I just dont think hes the better player.  I know thats confusing.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pk. Another huge night.  24 plus minutes. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hey, Shupe, why don't we see if we can set up a 3-some for you with PK and Karlsson. That way we won't have to read anymore about these two from you.

You can tell them how great you think they are.

Sections
Shortcuts