Players and owners only ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Players and owners only ?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Education has nothing to do with intelligence or common sense. And, in some cases could be detrimental.

[/QUOTE]

The educated are intelligent.  To suggest otherwise shows no common sense.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE] Education has nothing to do with intelligence or common sense. And, in some cases could be detrimental.

The educated are intelligent.  To suggest otherwise shows no common sense. [/QUOTE]

I know tons of people that put their noses in a book for 4-6 years, got their degrees but are complete idiots. Educated people can sometimes be hardworkers. Working hard doesn't always mean you are smart it sometimes means you simply have to try harder than others because of lack of intelligence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Education does not always equate to intelligence, but it does equate to knowledge. I'll take the individual with an average IQ who is knowledgable over the person with a high IQ but a low education and little knowledge every day. Three of these guys have degrees from Ivy league schools , and two wrote their theses on labour issues. I'm glad they are in the room from the players' side, regardless of their IQ. And schools like Colgate aren't to be scoffed at either. Knowledge is important.

And I was wrong about Cammalleri - he went back to school after leaving U of M and grabbed his degree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I equate intelligence with knowledge. The educated are knowledgable.  I don't call people who graduated from college educated because there are some that just get by or worse.

in·tel·li·gence   /inˈtelijəns/ Noun
    1. The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

"the ability to... apply knowledge"

That makes sense to me. I think, NAS, that you and I agree on this point, though we may phrase it differently.Intelligence is not knowledge, knowledge is not intelligence. Intelligence is the ability to apply knowledge. You can't measure that with a standard IQ test. The educated have a leg up because they start from a point of knowledge, so the educated are more likely to be intelligent. How can you apply what you do not have?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The test would be applying knowledge, Red.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Being intelligent depends on the situation.

My son has different awards and degrees from extended schooling. 

My Dad, a grade 7 education. He had to get out to support a big family because he was one of the oldest. 

There are many things that I go to my Dad for his opinion because of his knowledge from experiencing life. My son wouldn't have a clue.

Intelligence also comes with life experiences. Not only from reading books.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

The owners are working from the basis of greed and manipulation not knowledge and education

Follow the money

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Intelligence is something you are born with - knowledge is aquired.

The difference between Einstein and everybody who ever studied physics or the difference between Steve Jobs and all other tech students isn't more knowledge.

Anybody think Paul McCartney or Jimmy Page became who they are due to education? 

Sections
Shortcuts