1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Players Concerned With Disciplinary Process?

It seems the players are as baffled as your average fan when it comes to Shanahan's rulings and the appeal process (or lack thereof). I think there should be some sort of commitee that rules on appeals because the current format is suspect at best. Thoughts?

http://www.freep.com/article/20120812/SPORTS05/308120224/Shanahan-s-rulings-play-a-role-in-CBA-discussions?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit%20Red%20Wings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Players Concerned With Disciplinary Process?

"Under the current CBA, only Bettman hears appeals of former Red Wing and NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan's ruling."

Terry Gregson or Bill McCreary, VP of hockey operations Mike Murphy and another retired NHL veteran like Rob Blake who is already working for the NHL would be my choices for an appeal panel. No attorneys need apply!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Players Concerned With Disciplinary Process?:
    "Under the current CBA, only Bettman hears appeals of former Red Wing and NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan's ruling." Terry Gregson or Bill McCreary, VP of hockey operations Mike Murphy and another retired NHL veteran like Rob Blake who is already working for the NHL would be my choices for an appeal panel. No attorneys need apply!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Exactly San. The guys you've mentioned would be a perfect mix of former players and league officials. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The players should be concerned, but Shanahan took over for the letter of the law Campbell, so I would cut him some slack.  One year does not make a good hockey player and disciplinarian.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Players Concerned With Disciplinary Process?:
    The players should be concerned, but Shanahan took over for the letter of the law Campbell, so I would cut him some slack.  One year does not make a good hockey player and disciplinarian.  Posted by islamorada

Agreed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Seeking an appeals process beyond Bettman (never tried) by the players has been my belief since Shanahan's 2nd or 3rd decision. His videos did little to explain his arbitrary and capricious decision making all season. Absent the totally asine offer by the owners to be followed by a totally daft offer I'm expecting from the players,  I expected the appeals question to be a major point in the talks. Not anymore-it will be money, money, and more money. I have reconciled myself to another season of Junior B hockey and catching a few P-Bruins games to follow the younger players. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nothing scary in seeking an appeals "Board" consisting of experience in all aslects of the professional game. Those suggested are certainly a good starting point.

Sections
Shortcuts