Players have too much power

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

Players have too much power

I am upset with Both PC and Jerome.  Upset at PC for not making it clear to the Flames that he be notified immediately if Jerome changed his mind about the Bruins.  I am pissed even more at Jerome for picking 4 teams he would go to.  Then saying no to one of them.  My issue here is that if Pitt was where he wanted to go all along then that is the only team he should have listed.  I feel that once you provide the list of teams you would go to you have no more say in the matter.  PERIOD.  END OF STORY.  Thanks for letting me vent.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Players have too much power

I think you're blaming the wrong people.  PC really had nothing to do with the fallout as explained in numerous threads here already (feel free to post in the half dozen threads on this topic instead of starting a new one...).

Iginla isn't really to blame either.  If he was given a choice, he made a choice, weak though it may be.  This is all Feasters fault.  Feaster agreed to a deal with PC before he was ready to make it.  Feaster went back to the player and gave him an option when he didn't need to, by all accounts.  I think Feaster is a bumbling fool, and everyone else acted pretty rationally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Iginla isn't really to blame either.  If he was given a choice, he made a choice, weak though it may be.  This is all Feasters fault.  Feaster agreed to a deal with PC before he was ready to make it.  Feaster went back to the player and gave him an option when he didn't need to, by all accounts.  I think Feaster is a bumbling fool, and everyone else acted pretty rationally.

Bingo......why blame the player for exercising his contractual right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I agree. with that it is Feaster.  Just like when Heatly demaded a trade from Ottowa.  I feel that once he demanded that trade his power of who to be traded to should have been taken away.  You want out,  Find We will take the best deal for this team.  I just feel these GM's are not writing these contracts out the way they should.  Fine no trade clause, OK.  But when asked to give X number of teams you would go to you no longer have a say.  I as a GM will make the best deal for the franchise.  OK.  Thanks for letting me vent again.  I tell you what though.  If I wasn't a Bruins fan and let's say a Tampa fan I would root for the Bruins to go to the cup and win just so Jerome gets screwed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Feaster is an idiot.

He should have had a signed agreement with Igilna on the teams that he would go to before he started negotiating with them. Even if said agreement was not made public.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The truth is iggy submitted 4 teams to feaster, Feaster wanted the deal with the Bs. Feaster should of got that paper signed 1st before having any talk 1st with any team. The blame falls on feaster and iggy. I hope this crap and talks soon end. lets move on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to chris3366's comment:

I agree. with that it is Feaster.  Just like when Heatly demaded a trade from Ottowa.  I feel that once he demanded that trade his power of who to be traded to should have been taken away.  You want out,  Find We will take the best deal for this team.  I just feel these GM's are not writing these contracts out the way they should.  Fine no trade clause, OK.  But when asked to give X number of teams you would go to you no longer have a say.  I as a GM will make the best deal for the franchise.  OK.  Thanks for letting me vent again.  I tell you what though.  If I wasn't a Bruins fan and let's say a Tampa fan I would root for the Bruins to go to the cup and win just so Jerome gets screwed!

You are describing a limited nmc clause:

"Limited NMCs simply mean the player's contract includes specific terms for the clauses, usually allowing the player to specify a no-trade list of undesireable teams or a trade list of desireable teams"

Iginla has a full nmc as does Bergeron and Chara by the way:

"no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to chris3366's comment:

"Limited NMCs simply mean the player's contract includes specific terms for the clauses, usually allowing the player to specify a no-trade list of undesireable teams or a trade list of desireable teams"

"no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout"

Well you can bet that this issue will become one of the highlights on a GM meeting soon. Loopholes again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I think the biggest losers in this entire saga are the Flames. By going back to Iginla again, they were forced to take a lesser deal with the Penguins. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

I think the biggest losers in this entire saga are the Flames. By going back to Iginla again, they were forced to take a lesser deal with the Penguins. 

Good to see you Ron. Hope all's well in Panama.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Good to see you Ron. Hope all's well in Panama.

Good to be back Dez. Been traveling quite a bit lately but very nice to catch up with all you guys. All is still pretty cool here. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Too much power, really. If Calgary's owner wanted to they could've said no, your going nowhere no matter how much he wanted to leave. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

The truth is iggy submitted 4 teams to feaster, Feaster wanted the deal with the Bs. Feaster should of got that paper signed 1st before having any talk 1st with any team. The blame falls on feaster and iggy. I hope this crap and talks soon end. lets move on.

Exactly i think all GM's will be getting it in writing when a player is willing to give up no trade clause,or even better don't sighn players to no trade clause,that;s why they get the big bucks

I bet 29 GM's in the league are smart enough to do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Yes, JM, but when it comes time to start making deals, or when a player is on the block, the GMs will often receive a list from a player with a full NMC.  The list will contain some of the teams he's willing to accept.  This allows the GM to work with those teams and make the best deal.

It was often said that Iginla had listed four teams:  Boston, Pitt, LA and Chicago.  When Feaster got the lesser offer from Pitt, he should have buried it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Would this be causing so much fuss on this forum, if instead of what really happened, Iginla had said 'no' to a deal with the Senators, and then 'yes' to a deal with the Bruins?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Would this be causing so much fuss on this forum, if instead of what really happened, Iginla had said 'no' to a deal with the Senators, and then 'yes' to a deal with the Bruins?

Wow, you haven't been around for most of the year while the B's rode high.  Now that a couple of things have gone wrong, here you are, front and center.

Honestly, if the Sens got spurned and Iginla ended up in Boston, it would be party central here.  Have you ever been to party central?  It's like a Vancouver riot, but the exact opposite.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow, you haven't been around for most of the year while the B's rode high.  Now that a couple of things have gone wrong, here you are, front and center.

Honestly, if the Sens got spurned and Iginla ended up in Boston, it would be party central here.  Have you ever been to party central?  It's like a Vancouver riot, but the exact opposite.

Ha! Missed you NAS. 

49... not so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's some gooooood stuff right there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, JM, but when it comes time to start making deals, or when a player is on the block, the GMs will often receive a list from a player with a full NMC.  The list will contain some of the teams he's willing to accept.  

I have no way of verifying if this is, in fact, true or not.

By the way, be nice to 49, its not his fault he is a d**sh, it is a biological imperative for all Nuck fans.....ensconced in the DNA.

Anyone else posting here to escape the in-laws?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

The problem is that the league allowed Ignila to make a decision by naming 4 teams he would accept a trade to and then in the 11th hour  they allowed him to make a "new" decision naming only one team he wanted to be traded to.   What the ...........?

The league is a "dumb" league for allowing this to happen and Ignlia's character rating is -1!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

The problem is that the league allowed Ignila to make a decision by naming 4 teams he would accept a trade to and then in the 11th hour  they allowed him to make a "new" decision naming only one team he wanted to be traded to.   What the ...........?

The league is a "dumb" league for allowing this to happen and Ignlia's character rating is -1!

The league? What's the league got to do with it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wouldnt be suprised if Iginla went the Pittsburgh route, thinking it was his best chance to win a Cup right now, and back to Calgary he comes. Never having any intention of signing with any team he is traded to. Knowing this, Feaster makes the deal with Pitsburgh since the draft choice coming from Boston is conditional on the Bruins signing him.

Sections
Shortcuts