Players I'd Consider for Johnny "Rocket"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Players I'd Consider for Johnny "Rocket"

**Disclaimer: Some of the names you will see may carry a bit more value than Boychuck. Just throwing out names I would include Boychuck in is all -- and those that will be a good fit.

Chris Stewart - 26yrs

Troy Brouwer - 28yrs

Jakob Silfverberg - 23yrs

Jordan Eberle - 24yrs

Of this list, Stewart intrigues me the most. Has size, physical and has the knack to score goals. I believe the kid just needs a home and will be a great fit in BOS in my opinion. Seeing as his value has gone down Boychuck may not even need to be part of the deal although BUFF is looking to get heavier on the back end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Players I'd Consider for Johnny

In response to superj2k10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

**Disclaimer: Some of the names you will see may carry a bit more value than Boychuck. Just throwing out names I would include Boychuck in is all -- and those that will be a good fit.

Chris Stewart - 26yrs

Troy Brouwer - 28yrs

Jakob Silfverberg - 23yrs

Jordan Eberle - 24yrs

Of this list, Stewart intrigues me the most. Has size, physical and has the knack to score goals. I believe the kid just needs a home and will be a great fit in BOS in my opinion. Seeing as his value has gone down Boychuck may not even need to be part of the deal although BUFF is looking to get heavier on the back end.

[/QUOTE]

Stewart has serious baggage

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd take Eberle over the others with Stewart being the last of my choices. I think Edmonton would want something more than just Boychuk to do that deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Why are we even considering this? Boychuk is worth more to the B,s then any of those guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

Why are we even considering this? Boychuk is worth more to the B,s then any of those guys.

There's no denying that but this is the position in which Boston is in right now. I love Boychuck and would rather find a way to keep him. He was a late bloomer and by seasons end was your #2 D in place of Seidenberg's injury. Really love his game and is a true Bruin. However, there's no secret that he carriesthe most value and is your best shot of getting a top-6 forward.

I feel the Bruins could just take a flyer on a young talent like Mueller, just has had bad injury luck. Or even a Heatley, all though hes a left handed shot. Both will be cheap $1mill-$2mill bridge contracts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd take Eberle over the others with Stewart being the last of my choices. I think Edmonton would want something more than just Boychuk to do that deal.

[/QUOTE]

Caron maybe? Perhaps throw in the rights to Cross?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For the same financial reasons Iginla couldn't get signed Eberle wouldn't work, he has a $6M cap hit. Stewart hammering players in the corner to free up the puck for Soderberg ? Oh yeah make that happen.

Even though PC has mentioned he has had offers to free up cap space, apparently no player on  the current Bruins has trade value. 

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Hate to see Johnny go but if and when we make a trade to move him it would have to be for a young player prospect. Due to the cap space it would have to be someone who could fit in or have good upside. The list of 4 mentioned only Jakob Silfverberg would fit. A good young RW. Currently an RFA due a raise (perhaps bridge contract of 1.8 - 2M Caphit).. The RW fits our 3rd or 4th line need. Players like this would be on the list for trades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you wouldn't trade him for Eberle? I like JB too but seriously?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dog is right.....no Iginla due to $$$ definitely means no Eberle although that would be a damn good return.

I see Boychuk going for a prospect or two and a 2nd or 3rd rounder...if he gets moved at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Edmonton would seriously consider JB for Eberle, I would do that.  Obviously more would have to go Edmonton's way.  With Seidenberg and McQuaid back, they could possibly give up Boychuck.

The other players mentioned?  Meh.

Edmonton giving up Eberle seems like a stretch though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Oh, and the cap thing with Eberle is not the same as Iginla.  Since it's a trade, you could arrange Edmonton to keep a little of Eberle's salary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How quickly people forget The Penalty Maker, Phil Housley Light, Not Really Ray Bourque and Cough It Up.

With this B's team, I'm more interested in seeing them keep it out than put it in.  No to trading Boychuk for a forward!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE]

Dog is right.....no Iginla due to $$$ definitely means no Eberle although that would be a damn good return.

I see Boychuk going for a prospect or two and a 2nd or 3rd rounder...if he gets moved at all. [/QUOTE]

"Brooks Orpik ($5.5M) will be 34 in Sept. Johnny Boychuk is 30. Boychuk's price will start at $6M."

I think if Boychuk were traded, more like an NHL ready forward would come back. If the Bruins asked MacT to retain money then the trade wouldn't be worth it for Edmonton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

RST would be the only way a Boychuk-Eberle trade would work yes. But I think Mac is counting on his young D prospects to come through over the next few years so yeah, I don't think he would do it. Me thinks he is going to ride this out for a bit on the D side with what he has for at least this season anyway.

I believe if Boychuk goes anywhere its going to be with a contender or wannabe contender looking to add veteran depth on their blueline. The Aves come to mind....their D from last year consisted of a healthy amount of overachieving AHL lifers (Guenin, Holden, Benoit) so if they start floundering they may seek out JB for some prospects and/or picks. Dallas too is possible...their present D corp is horrid but with the moves they just made up front it looks like they want to be a perennial playoff team now...rather than later.

Just my opinion though...it is very possible JB goes nowhere. By the way, with the likes of Engelland getting $2.9mill per season, JB's agent must be licking his chops.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Boychuk will probably be traded, and it will only for draft picks, and none will be in the 1st or 2nd round.

The other GM's know Boston is in big cap trouble, and they aren't going to do Chiarelli any favours. Maybe Benning in Vancouver, will give a couple of 3rd rounders, for old times sake.

People thinking they are getting players back, including 6M cap hits, need a reality check.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

If Johny is traded this summer. 1 year left at 3.36M for a Top 3 D in his prime would fetch more than a 3rd round draft pick. If that's all then just keep him. I think Chia would only move him if he was getting a ready 3rd line forward to even contemplate it. Come trade day is a different story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If I could i'd trade Loui in a second if possible and use the money to keep Johhny.  Who'd you rather watch play?  Or when they had the chance I'd have bought him out if possible and wiped the 2 years at 4.25 million off the books. At this point we're all guessing at how good Loui will do next year. Maybe he'll have a season worth 4.25 million or maybe another one like this year worth  a million.  Some1 is going to have to go.  Why get rid of a sure bet???  The Rocket will play good and offer many hits that are a blast to watch.  Take your pick.  Tough or soft?  I'll take tough!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I could i'd trade Loui in a second if possible and use the money to keep Johhny.  Who'd you rather watch play?  Or when they had the chance I'd have bought him out if possible and wiped the 2 years at 4.25 million off the books. At this point we're all guessing at how good Loui will do next year. Maybe he'll have a season worth 4.25 million or maybe another one like this year worth  a million.  Some1 is going to have to go.  Why get rid of a sure bet???  The Rocket will play good and offer many hits that are a blast to watch.  Take your pick.  Tough or soft?  I'll take tough!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Of course, Marco.  We know exactly how you feel about Eriksson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Did you guys watch the 2014 playoffs?  If the answer is yes, then why would you want to trade Boychuk?  We need four top 4 Dmen.  Bartkowski is not a top 4.  

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Boychuk

-GNB, King Of The Forum

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you guys watch the 2014 playoffs?  If the answer is yes, then why would you want to trade Boychuk?  We need four top 4 Dmen.  Bartkowski is not a top 4.  

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Boychuk

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE] Just a guess here but I think Krug is a top 4 defenseman and Boychuk is a 3rd line defenseman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the same financial reasons Iginla couldn't get signed Eberle wouldn't work, he has a $6M cap hit. Stewart hammering players in the corner to free up the puck for Soderberg ? Oh yeah make that happen.

Even though PC has mentioned he has had offers to free up cap space, apparently no player on  the current Bruins has trade value. 

[/QUOTE]

You know whats funny? If you go back and read up on PC's comments regarding trades he says something to the affect:

• There are about 7-8 players we are looking at for trades.
    • GM's have inquired about our D-men
    • Im looking for a RW -- play up in the lineup

Looking at those statements, can we actually narrow down these 7-8 players? Originally my list was short and sweet, I wonder if hes pondering something a bit more creative like an Evander Kane / Pavelski / Okposo / Pominville / Bobby Ryan.

Other than the names mentioned I am having a hard time coming up with players that would make much sense considering trading Boychuck for.

*And yes, I know about Ryans contractual status -- he will be an UFA. If you ship out Eriksson (Who I love and feel has gotten a bad rap here -- due to injuries) you may have room to re-sign him.

*Okposo finally broke out and highly doubt NYI will even pick up the phones.

*Finally, i know I am reaching a bit with some of these players.

If the Bruins could find a way to unload Kelly, Campbell, McQuaid thats approx $6,166,000 in cleared cap space. More than enough to not have to tamper with Boychuck...Easier said than done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Campbell and McQuaid have high enough cap hits, even combined, for PC to move them. I think Kelly is gone at some point but PC hasn't had the right offer yet.

Boychuk would bring back the most return and free up the right amount of money. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a guess here but I think Krug is a top 4 defenseman and Boychuk is a 3rd line defenseman.

[/QUOTE]

You guessed wrong.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Boychuk

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE] Just a guess here but I think Krug is a top 4 defenseman and Boychuk is a 3rd line defenseman.

[/QUOTE]

Boychuk was 2nd to only Chara with over 21 minutes a game during regular season and then was 2nd again in playoffs with more than 22 minutes a game. Certainly no 3rd line D would get that much time.. With Krug if you were just going with his back line defense he'd be a number 3 .  But if you add in his offense with leading team with Pp points and leading all defensemen with shots on net he'd have to be considered as a top 4 defenseman.  There is no way their getting rid of him....,  matter of fact if either one of these 2 leave there goes another exciting player..What can Johnny get you anyways if he can just bolt the team that trades for him next year.. ???