Players it's YOUR move!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Players it's YOUR move!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408711

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Players it's YOUR move!

I was excited when offers were exchanged a couple weeks ago. Now Im hopeful but not expecting much after how these negotiations have gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sometimes when you least expect anything, something happens. The "Make Whole" was what got the NHLPA up in arms after the last proposal so we'll see. Hoping as usual I mean.

PS. Going through all the comments below the article and not one mention that the strike is the Bruins fault by any Canadien nor Leaf fans...Well it's still early.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I think we'll have a season soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wouldnt suprise me if a deal was struck within the next 7-10 days if the Winter Classic was back on again. Not saying everything revolves around the one game but it does generate alot of revenue wich would help out with the revenue already lost.  I just hope with this second proposal Fehr isnt asking himself what concessions the owners will be willing to make a month from now...

Owners have made two proposals, he might be willing to see what the next one would bring knowing that would be the one that could perhaps salvage any type of season.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The problem with the last round is that the league came with a proposal, and the PA came back with 3 other proposals.  So each one is viewed on its own, and if they're all unacceptable, we get the type of rhetoric and acid we saw previously. 

If the groups are willing to work on one proposal and negotiate on that, towards a deal, then that's progress.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/10/nhl-could-learn-from-baseballs-labour-peace.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Let there be hockey!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sorry I have been in labor/management negiotiations as the chief labor chair.  Ahh, it was when the State of NH decided to nullify a three year contract though the NH Supreme Court.   The end result was capulation of labor to the " local " contact and a renegiotiation which resulted in three 0% years of no raise during one of the most productive business periods in the history of the United States and New Hampshire (1990s).  My point is negotiations are ugly, in the case of NHL, well, millionaires arguing with billionaries sort of speak.  So a six year CBA contract with a 50/50% split of revenues and the honoring of the current player contracts is just the smart thing to do.  If not then all lose.  Should the contract be three years, yup, inflation is nearby (check out the 30 fed bond market) and the owners are going to be happy with long term contracts, only!.  Should the players be mindful that they are only the beneficiary of sport affection, and I do not have a place in the Keys to house my sorry asss as an efforcer in the NHL.  Ah but what we need here is compromise, not negiotiations created my 0% as mentioned above, but the world of the present not past CBAs and who won it last time.  I really like what some players are saying: One year of a lockout cost a large percentage of my future income.  Settle damn it!  I hate the Albert Haysworth's of sports, make hockey different please.  I hate the JJs of the world who are not like the Robert Kraft's of the entertainment world who realize the short time loss is a big time gain!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One good thing that came out of a recent conference call with the players and Fehr, the players stating "they want more negotiating". I wouldn't say my hope are up but Steve Fehr and Daly left then came back to yesterdays a few times.That could mean that were able to get somewhere on the "Make Whole" provision.

For players to say that they don't feel that "there isn't enough negotiating" is a move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hope the five year limit on contracts holds up, along with the even money across the years and added year until UFA.

I can't stand the "creative" contracts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

and i hope that fans everywhere stay away once this nonsense is settled....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This fan will be watching. Whenever it comes back! The business side I couldn't care less about. Until there's another avenue which will feature the best players on the planet playing the greatest sport on the planet. The NHL will always be my fix. And I think it's silly to try & come onto a forum about something you say you no longer have interest in & try to tell others to stay away. If you no longer have an interest? Why continue to come in here & talk about it? I have no interest in soccer, but I'm not in there telling others to stay away, because I don't like it. Or because I don't like how things are handled. So, if you're still coming in here you obviously still have an interest, or you want attention & beg not to leave.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This fan will be watching. Whenever it comes back! The business side I couldn't care less about. Until there's another avenue which will feature the best players on the planet playing the greatest sport on the planet. The NHL will always be my fix. And I think it's silly to try & come onto a forum about something you say you no longer have interest in & try to tell others to stay away. If you no longer have an interest? Why continue to come in here & talk about it? I have no interest in soccer, but I'm not in there telling others to stay away, because I don't like it. Or because I don't like how things are handled. So, if you're still coming in here you obviously still have an interest, or you want attention & beg not to leave.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and will be watching as soon as they are back as well.  I know the lockout angers the fans but I don't think boycotting the sport is the answer.  For the sake of the game I hope the fans return sooner than later when this is all settled.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'll still be watching, but from home instead of paying to watch it live....  which is how the owners make their bread and butter....

that's all i'm asking others to do....

rest assured that if fans flock back to the rinks once this nonsense is solved that we'll be going through all this again when the next cba expires....

now if losing whole seasons and playing parts of seasons is your cup of tea, go on ahead and support the nhl to your fullest....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'll still be watching, but from home instead of paying to watch it live....  which is how the owners make their bread and butter....

rest assured that if fans flock back to the rinks once this nonsense is solved that we'll be going through all this again when the next cba expires....

now if losing whole seasons and playing parts of seasons is your cup of tea, go on ahead and support the nhl to your fullest....

[/QUOTE]
    OK this is a better explaination & I do see your point. However, if the fans don't flock to see then they won't be able to pay the best & "we" the fans won't see the best, because they'll go to where the money is. The sad thing about all this Days is that nobody really wins in a work stoppage. It creates nothing, but anger, animosity, mis-trust & the longer they go on the worst it gets, because pride & power over comes reasoning.

The only thing that I will say that I hope happens after this is all settled; is that the NHLPA have a rep that they won't fire, or one that is brought in well before the final yr of the deal expiring. Also, I hope that the owner's learn to stop using a lockout as a negotiating tactic!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    OK this is a better explaination & I do see your point. However, if the fans don't flock to see then they won't be able to pay the best & "we" the fans won't see the best, because they'll go to where the money is. The sad thing about all this Days is that nobody really wins in a work stoppage. It creates nothing, but anger, animosity, mis-trust & the longer they go on the worst it gets, because pride & power over comes reasoning.

The only thing that I will say that I hope happens after this is all settled; is that the NHLPA have a rep that they won't fire, or one that is brought in well before the final yr of the deal expiring. Also, I hope that the owner's learn to stop using a lockout as a negotiating tactic!

[/QUOTE]

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you're so mad that you can't go watch NHL games live that when they return, you will refuse to watch NHL games live.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Surprising so many are jumping on Days of Orr's comment.  He is absolutely correct.  If people flock back to NHL rinks in record numbers once this thing is over, a lockout will become standard procedure every time a CBA expires.  Not so much "anger" just a reasonable reaction to poor customer service.  Fiscal pain is the only thing either side understands, and If there's enough pain inflicted...a lockout will become a last resort, instead of the preferred method of negotiation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you're so mad that you can't go watch NHL games live that when they return, you will refuse to watch NHL games live.

[/QUOTE]

I think he's more angry that he can't watch professional hockey at all than he is that he can't go to see a live game. I would be inclined to share those sentiments. I'm much more angry that I can't watch the Bruins on TV than live.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not mad they arent playing hockey. I love watching the Bruins and the NHL in general, love the sport, and look forward to crashing on the couch and watching. But mad? it takes alot to make me angry. In the meantime, I've found other ways to spend my time, 4 kids, 80+ plus hour work weeks all while in the process of buying/selling a house.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you are mad or angry that they aren't playing right now, you have issues. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

See the problem with ppl responses on this board is thinking that watching on tv will make the nhl all right when it comes back. Yes, I will watch on tv but that is not were the league generates revenue. The money comes from ticket revenues, apparel and so on. Tv revenues are at the bottom of the income spectrum this isn't football it's the nhl. Income is dramatically less when it comes to tv money. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are mad or angry that they aren't playing right now, you have issues. 

[/QUOTE]

three lockouts in 15 years will do that to a person....  go figure....

as for having issues, good one....

Sections
Shortcuts