Playoff countdown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Playoff countdown

Bruins site now showing the Playoff Countdown, based on "if the playoffs started today." Potential second round matchups in the East look epic (B's v Habs, Pens v Flyers).

Good luck predicting the first round in the West. 

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97146&navid=DL|BOS|home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Playoff countdown

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins site now showing the Playoff Countdown, based on "if the playoffs started today." Potential second round matchups in the East look epic (B's v Habs, Pens v Flyers).

Good luck predicting the first round in the West. 

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=97146&navid=DL|BOS|home

[/QUOTE]

I hope so.  The bad taste in my mouth from last night can only be relieved one way.  A playoff Hab-stomping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont see the scabs getting out of the 1st round but do see the flyers making it to the 2nd and in fact i have a feeling the flyers make it to the ecf

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont see the scabs getting out of the 1st round but do see the flyers making it to the 2nd and in fact i have a feeling the flyers make it to the ecf

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't really be surprised if the Flyers take out the Penguins in the 2nd round.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Getting ahead of yourselves... if Detroit plays Pitt first round, Fleury will be applying for a Greeter's job at WalMart after 5 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The potential 1st round lower seed to "be on alert" for is Detroit.  Zetterberg is done for the season, but if all others are healthy they are still good enough to make some noise.  The Bs would be familiar with the Laffs or the Caps.  Blue Jackets are a team getting better by the year but aren't quite "there" yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I still think Tampa takes the Habs. My one serious upset call would be Wings over Pens in the first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Two of these Detroit, Columbus and Washington will take the final 2 wild cards. Toronto is toast

Columbus would be a good tune up series for the Bruins. And I think Detroit will pull it out and seed 7th.

Zetterberg could be back before end of the first round just when they need him to upset Mr. Crosby and gang.

Round two we take on Montreal after they take 7 to beat Tampa. Nothing like going for the Cup through the habs. Philly takes Detroit.

Then we start another war against the Broad Street Bullies. Who awaits us in the Final? Stay tuned but don’t be surprised if it’s a rematch. I just watched the replay of the 2013 final and reaffirmed it could have easily have been us taking them in 6 instead of the other way around.

2014 playoffs here we come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two of these Detroit, Columbus and Washington will take the final 2 wild cards. Toronto is toast

Columbus would be a good tune up series for the Bruins. And I think Detroit will pull it out and seed 7th.

Zetterberg could be back before end of the first round just when they need him to upset Mr. Crosby and gang.

Round two we take on Montreal after they take 7 to beat Tampa. Nothing like going for the Cup through the habs. Philly takes Detroit.

Then we start another war against the Broad Street Bullies. Who awaits us in the Final? Stay tuned but don’t be surprised if it’s a rematch. I just watched the replay of the 2013 final and reaffirmed it could have easily have been us taking them in 6 instead of the other way around.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good summary.  I like it.  Get going with Columbus and then silence the Oles.  That's the vision I'm going with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty good summary.  I like it.  Get going with Columbus and then silence the Oles.  That's the vision I'm going with.

[/QUOTE]

Very good summary and i can see this.  I think the caps find a way to sneak in if backstrom is ok.   All 3 teams have a hard schedule.   Detroit will take out pitt if it happens imo.  And i could see them taking out philly as well.  Why?  Bc detroit never, ever get involved in all the bs philly will try to do.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's with alll of this Detroit business?

They rot this year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They rot this year. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they get it in, and if they do they will be dispatched fairly quickly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think they get in. In back to back games this season they had more Grand Rapids players then NHL & won both games. This is the reason why Babcock deserves huge notority & consideration for coach of the year. Nyquist & Tatar are a joy to watch. The RedWings scouting department is still one of the best in the business! I don't think they'll go as quietly as we may think. Boston in 6.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

They rot this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Injuries.  Their young guys are playing well now.  If they get healthy they have a lot of tools.  Its a big if.  But dats zetts would be similar.  Actually it would be like removing bergie dk and then some.  Their back end isnt great.  Howard hasnt had a great year.  

they are well coached and super in control.  Will never fall for the flyers or bruins game plan.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They rot this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Injuries.  Their young guys are playing well now.  If they get healthy they have a lot of tools.  Its a big if.  But dats zetts would be similar.  Actually it would be like removing bergie dk and then some.  Their back end isnt great.  Howard hasnt had a great year.  

they are well coached and super in control.  Will never fall for the flyers or bruins game plan.   

[/QUOTE]

i don't think it's about falling for a game plan. I don't think they have enough good players to beat the Bruins, especially with the injuries.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE]

They rot this year. [/QUOTE]

I don't think they get it in, and if they do they will be dispatched fairly quickly. [/QUOTE]

Good cause that will be the end of "Ship-jumping-President" SoxFan from telling us all about his fear of the Wings against the Bruins in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They rot this year. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't think it's about falling for a game plan. I don't think they have enough good players to beat the Bruins, especially with the injuries.

[/QUOTE]

They were a shot away from beating chicago. Truth be told they should have beat chicago.  If dats and zetts come back.  They are the team i fear the most in the east.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Regarding Detroit. I believe they will make the playoffs mostly because Toronto is tanking. They are starting to play better; they are filling in players with good young talent. 4 regulars will be back Helm,Anderson,Jurco and Abdelkader soon. Datsyuk may be back by end of month or so. This means their position game will become stronger and pull out a Playoff spot. (Play TO on Saturday)

If they can matchup with Penns and last long enough to get Zetterberg back they have a chance of getting to the second round, after that they become a stronger team. A lot of if’s but in the end Howard will let them down sooner or later. Their overall health is not there and will be their short coming . Still they will not be a team to take for granted come playoff time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[/QUOTE]

They were a shot away from beating chicago. Truth be told they should have beat chicago.  If dats and zetts come back.  They are the team i fear the most in the east.  

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say "should have" because I thought given where both teams were at the time, and how each was playing, that Chicago was a better team, and that the Bruins were probably lucky to be in Game 6. What was amazing to me then and now, is that given that they were playing a better team and were broken or worn down in some key areas, the fact that the B's were a one-minute or so stretch from playing Game 7 is pretty darn impressive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Socca10 Quote:

“Bruins were probably lucky to be in Game 6… B's were a one-minute or so stretch from playing Game 7 is pretty darn impressive.”

I just gotta say that the Bruins should have been up 3-2 going into game 6 and it was Chicago that pulled out the upset the way the games played out. Yes very impressive. We can only hope we play that well this year only this time come out on top.