Playoff Darkhorses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Playoff Darkhorses

Pick your playoff Darkhorses to make it out of thier respective conferences.

West:

Anahiem:

Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan is as good as any line in the league. Perry is a mosnter and getz when healthy is better than PPG pace.

Hiller is having a quite but respectable season as well. 2.5gaa .929sv%. He can also really crank it up when the stakes are raised.

East:

NYR

They remind me a bit of the Flyers last year. Except with less firepower and a much better goalie. I gave buff serious consideration but there best chance is through boston as Vanek-Stafford are absolute bruins killers. NYR matches well with anyone and I could see them making a surprise run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Playoff Darkhorses

LA had a very strong chance of making to the finals out of the west before Williams and Kopitar went down.  LA matched up well against Detroit and Vancouver, they had  a lot of success against those two teams during the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Darkhorses:
    LA had a very strong chance of making to the finals out of the west before Williams and Kopitar went down.  LA matched up well against Detroit and Vancouver, they had  a lot of success against those two teams during the regular season.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Yeah but losing their #1-2 forwards I think was the nail in the coffin, that and a lack of experienced players out there. I love LA though I expect them to be great in the next 5 or so years

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

In Response to Playoff Darkhorses:
    Pick your playoff Darkhorses to make it out of thier respective conferences. West: Anahiem: Perry-Getzlaf-Ryan is as good as any line in the league. Perry is a mosnter and getz when healthy is better than PPG pace. Hiller is having a quite but respectable season as well. 2.5gaa .929sv%. He can also really crank it up when the stakes are raised. East: NYR They remind me a bit of the Flyers last year. Except with less firepower and a much better goalie. I gave buff serious consideration but there best chance is through boston as Vanek-Stafford are absolute bruins killers. NYR matches well with anyone and I could see them making a surprise run.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

We're on the exact same page, although I dont think of the Ducks as a darkhorse really.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Anaheim and Montreal. Don't laugh as you all did when I picked Montreal to eliminate first the Caps and then the Pens. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

East - Buffalo

West - Anaheim

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Too bad Hiller is still hurt. Emery has been playing for them. Don't know if Hiller will be ready for the playoffs or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rinne is going to be last years Halak out West for the Preds. Anaheim out west as well but they won't sneak up on anyone cause everyone sees them coming but still can't stop that first line.

Buffalo will take the Flyers in the first round throwing money down in Vegas once the seeds come out on Sunday. Rags would've taken the Caps but not now without Callahan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

All these opinions and yet I never hear Tampa! Hmm! That's the Darkhorse from the East. Get past Pitt and who knows. Personally I like our chances against Mtl. Injuries and play physical should be a series to watch! I know I will. The west? Nashville? Who knows?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Emery has been on fire for the Ducks, they could do some damage with that goalie tandem. Emery went to the finals with Ottawa against Anaheim, and he's likely looking for redemption. They are a dangerous team right now.

In the east, look out for Carolina. They could sneak in, and if they do, could also do some damage. Not sure if they're deep enough, but they've got Cup champs Staal and Ward as anchors, and some young blood in Skinner, who is not afraid to go to the dirty areas to score goals. Perfect for the playoffs. They could be this year's Philly. Don't count out Tampa, either. Roloson could carry them, St. Louis, Vinny, and Stamkos up front. Boucher behind the bench, he could be the X factor.

Should be a fun playoff season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ducks- best line in hockey, very good secondary scoring, decent defense and if emery can keep them in games they will be hard to beat.  they also have a fantastic PP and PK.  Vital for team success in the playoffs.

Rangers are toast...I dont even think they make the playoffs.

I will take Carolina as my darkhorse.  World class playoff goalie, world class 1st line center, lots of youth, decent back end.  great coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

there is no such thing as a darkhorse in the playoffs. any team is capable of beating another, ask vancouver(oilers). if your in it you have a one in 16 shot at winning the cup- same as anyone else.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

adk,

The league is pretty balanced.  I think any team in the East could win.  I don't think the West is the same.  The Coyotes and Nashville always go out in round one.  Games are closer and they simply dont have difference makers up front. 

But, I agree, any team can make a run and surprise.  I mean the finals in recent yrs have been full of surprises.  Carolina and Tampa have Cups.  Edmonton/Calgary/Philly made the finals.

I love playoff hockey.  Can't wait.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

me too, i can't wait for the playoffs. the parity is what makes the nhl playoffs so much fun. well that and OT playoff hockey, is their anything better? edge of your seat excitement! GO B'S

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

NYR = dead team skating. Whoever ends up as the top seed is hoping Carolina does not overtake them for the last spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

there is no such thing as a darkhorse in the playoffs. any team is capable of beating another, ask vancouver(oilers). if your in it you have a one in 16 shot at winning the cup- same as anyone else.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

See the post entitled "A few Stanley Cup facts" and then come back and let me know if you still think there is a 1 in 16 shot at winning the cup.  I'm not being a wise azz here but the true odds indicate that cup winners are far more likely to be higher seeds than lower seeds.  In fact, since 1993, no seed lower than a 5 has won the cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I see everyone is scared to mention Montreal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Am I allowed to call Chicago a dark horse?  If they play and get past Vancouver in round one then they can run the table.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I see everyone is scared to mention Montreal. 
    Posted by BsLegion

Yup.  Not scared, just the words won't come off my fingertips.  They showed last year that they know when it's time to play real hockey.  They're dangerous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

All these opinions and yet I never hear Tampa! Hmm! That's the Darkhorse from the East. Get past Pitt and who knows. Personally I like our chances against Mtl. Injuries and play physical should be a series to watch! I know I will. The west? Nashville? Who knows?
    Posted by LordByron77

You don't hear Tampa because their goaltending is so shoddy

Sections
Shortcuts