Playoff format question????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Playoff format question????

In Response to Re: Playoff format question????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff format question???? : Works good in theory, Wheatie, but in reality...gregorys daddys officiating crews decided home ice and division winners way back in oct. and nov.  Sorry to pee on your illusion.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Chew, chew, chew.

Would you like to meet Gregory's Daddy, Null? Maybe you can convince him to lean towards the Canucks.

I'd love to see that: The Big Chew up against Gregory's Daddy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pink hats and little kids obsess about perceived bad/unfair officiating and conspiracy theories. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff format question???? : No Wheatie, i really don't want to meet Gregorys Daddy, Lucic or get run over by a Mack truck. All i want is ... fair play and fair officiating and a Champion that deserves the Cup...is that too much to ask?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Oh, you want what's fair. How honourable. But, you want to be the sole judge and jury for what's right and wrong. That is not fair!

And this unfairness exists only in sport? Is that right, Null?

Why don't you be a Superhero and go after government and corporate criminals, instead, there are so many of them around. You'll have lots to do and be plenty busy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoff format question???? : In each conference, first-round playoff match-ups are set as follows: The three division winners are seeded 1-2-3. The next five best teams are ranked 4-5-6-7-8, according to total regular season points. Home-ice is granted to those teams seeded 1-2-3-4. Teams are matched up using a "top-to-bottom" formula: #1 vs. #8 #2 vs. #7 #3 vs. #6 #4 vs. #5 In later playoff rounds , teams are re-seeded according to the same criteria as the opening round . Division winners are seeded 1-2-3 for as long as they survive and all other teams line up behind them according to point total. Higher-seeded teams have home-ice advantage.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

The one thing that MLB gets right:  at the All-Star game, the winning team wins home field advantage for its league in the World Series.  I know this won't work in the NHL, because the ASG isn't an East-West thing anymore, but I do like the fact that an otherwise meaningless game has some ramification upon the games that mean the most.