Playoff Lines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

Playoff Lines

Hi guys,

I have been following this board for many years, and love the educated commentary of you regulars...at least most of the regulars. It's been quite entertaining and informative. Huge Bruin fan  like all of you, but have rarely posted anything. That being said, I would like to get your thoughts on the potential lines come playoff time. Assumptions...

- Bergy is back ( promising news today )

- Yeti is a serviceable player ( hoping for more, but tempering expectations )

- no other injuries. 

Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

Marchand - Bergy - Seguin

Sods - Kelly - Horton

Paille - Campbell - Peverly

I'd appreciate your thoughts on what seems to be a very different and deep forward group.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Playoff Lines

looks good to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I actually really like that lineup. I think it would give other teams fits. Talk about match-up hell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Soderberg-Kelly-Seguin

Paille-Campbell-Peverley

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Do either Peverley or Soderberg have enough experience as LWs to roll there?  If so, if Peverley finds some kind of offensive sense again:

Lucic-Krejči-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Peverley/Soderberg-Seguin

Paille-Kelly/Campbell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Do either Peverley or Soderberg have enough experience as LWs to roll there?  If so, if Peverley finds some kind of offensive sense again:

Lucic-Krejči-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Peverley/Soderberg-Seguin

Paille-Kelly/Campbell

I heard Chia say they were going to try Sods on the wing first. I also think it would help to split up Kelly and Campbell as it will help the defensive responsibilities on different lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I like Dr CC lineup...if this kid Soderburg can even just stay +1 with Seguin on the right that is a deep playoff lineup...Rask would have to play out of his mind to win it again but I like our chances now if Bergie comes back 100%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Soderberg-Kelly-Seguin

Paille-Campbell-Peverley

That's mine and then you can watch Kelly n Peverley play not to be bought out or traded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I know, it's probably too much to hope Julien would do anything but build the bottom two lines starting anywhere from a defense-first mindset.  It's just that, despite his reputation, Julien does shorted the bench during the playoffs.  Seeing a guy at least somewhat offensively-minded on the 4th line just seems a waste.

Of course, Peverley hasn't exactly been a dynamo this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

no matter how you slice and dice them, it's looks like a nice deep roster to me.

I see Pens Bruins in the conference finals and it should be fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

no matter how you slice and dice them, it's looks like a nice deep roster to me.

Ahmen fellow Bruin fan !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

Agreed. That is one deep lineup. Get Bergy back and I feel a lot better than I have over the last couple of weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And so many people were complaining when Chiarelli didn't go get everyone and their brother at the trade deadline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see it taking a while to shuffle everybody around to where they can work and play well with one another, I think it will be a matter of experimentation.  It should be sorted out just in time for the playoffs I hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Peverley Kelly Jagr

Sod Campbell Paille

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Soderberg  Kelly Jagr

Peverly Campbell Paille

leave lines 1&2 alone, 2 new guys on line 3 with Kelly/Peverly interchnageable, Paille Campbell on 4th

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton

Marchand Bergeron Seguin

Soderberg  Kelly Jagr

Peverly Campbell Paille

leave lines 1&2 alone, 2 new guys on line 3 with Kelly/Peverly interchnageable, Paille Campbell on 4th

I good with this too. Just so curious to see if Krejci and Jagr have any chemistry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Pretty good lines, but I have to see something from Soderberg before he's ahead of Peverly.  I know Peverly has had a slow year, but he's really effective when he's at the top of his game.  In the Stanley Cup run he was a key cog among forwards and I don't think he's too old or washed up to find that next gear again.  Tons of speed on the forecheck and a competitor when he's in top form.  I realize the OP prefeced the combos with the assumption that Soderberg is serviceable, but you never know how he'll be in this system, against this competition.  Peverly is more of a know quantity.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to put Horton on the 3rd line yet either.  Seguin and Jagr need to prove that they are better in those spots.

Don't rule out Thornton either.  I know, I know, but everybody around the club seems to love him.  He may replace somebody in the lineup if things aren't going well.  When they reinstered him against Vancouver, anybody who could get in front of a microphone raved about how much energy he brought to the team.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyhow, good lines here.  It's much easier to pick them apart than set them up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Seguin isn't showing enough to ride on the Bergeron line. Sods is unproven. Peverly has more upside than Paille. Horton is scoring again. Ergo...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr
    Peverly-Kelly-Seguin
    Paille-Campbell-Soderberg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Seguin isn't showing enough to ride on the Bergeron line. Sods is unproven. Peverly has more upside than Paille. Horton is scoring again. Ergo...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr
    Peverly-Kelly-Seguin

I'm afraid if Soderberg isn't good enough to be in the top 9, he'll be wearing a suit and Thornton will be playing with Campbell and Paille.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

OP is a theif. I recommended this on another thread. just kidding of course. I completely agree with the OPs lines. Those saying seguin doesn't have enough to ride with bergy, i strongly disagree. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Paille-Campbell-Soderberg"

Yah and Julien will have this line on the ice with a minute left LoL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to NiftyKJ's comment:

Hi guys,

I have been following this board for many years, and love the educated commentary of you regulars...at least most of the regulars. It's been quite entertaining and informative. Huge Bruin fan  like all of you, but have rarely posted anything. That being said, I would like to get your thoughts on the potential lines come playoff time. Assumptions...

- Bergy is back ( promising news today )

- Yeti is a serviceable player ( hoping for more, but tempering expectations )

- no other injuries. 

Lucic - Krejci - Jagr

Marchand - Bergy - Seguin

Sods - Kelly - Horton

Paille - Campbell - Peverly

I'd appreciate your thoughts on what seems to be a very different and deep forward group.

Those would be my lines as well. Good talent and balance throughout

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

jagr-Kreji-Horton

marchand-Bergy-Seguin

Lucic-Peverly-sods

Paille-campbell-kelly

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr
    Peverly-Kelly-Seguin

Love to see them at least test this lineup. Like the 3rd line speed, Jagr/Bergy, and #1 intact

Sections
Shortcuts