playoff MVP.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

playoff MVP.

Ya, Krejci has been unreal offensively. He's really stepped up his game. Leading the NHL in points. Lucic has been an absolute monster, and for the last part of game 7 he was just about the best hockey player on the planet for 10 minutes. Bergeron is just playing his amazing all around game. Rask has been superb. 

8 games played, 2 goals, 8 assists, 2 powerplay points. 30:02 average TOI. +8. Chara, absolute monster, and the MVP of this team. 

edit: this is as of this point in the playoffs. Not saying Chara has the conn wrapped up or anything. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Re: playoff MVP.

I absolutely love the look on Looch's face after teammates gather round to celebrate his goal , the one to make it 4-3.....didnt see him actually say it but the look says " f-in right boys, climb on my shoulders and I'll take you there....we are getting this done!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

I absolutely love the look on Looch's face after teammates gather round to celebrate his goal , the one to make it 4-3.....didnt see him actually say it but the look says " f-in right boys, climb on my shoulders and I'll take you there....we are getting this done!"

ya, that was awesome. this thread is about chara though. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

ooops!, sorry man....so easy to get off on a tangent on any number of da boys......sheer number of minutes played for the big man, let alone statistics...let alone with depleted d-corp!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

the playoff MVP is far from decided. wayyyyyy too early (hopefully)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The playoff MVP indeed is far from decided, but that 30:02 average ice time of Chara is eye-popping ... that's half a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

geeze guys. i meant as of right now. Not saying it's over. I'm saying this has been the guy, who, in my mind, has had the most dramatic effect on the playoffs so far (anderson might be second)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chara's play has been solid, but we have (hopefully) three rounds to go - The foursome of Chara, Bergeron. Krejci, and Lucic would be my forerunners at this point though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Nobody's in on Rask?  Krejci & Rask for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Nobody's in on Rask?  Krejci & Rask for me.

So far that is a good bet. Krejci is absolutely doing what he wants right now in the offensive zone, it's awesome to watch. Stark contrast to what he did against Washington last year, he is back to the 2011 #46. When his confidence level is high it is striking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So far that is a good bet. Krejci is absolutely doing what he wants right now in the offensive zone, it's awesome to watch. Stark contrast to what he did against Washington last year, he is back to the 2011 #46. When his confidence level is high it is striking.

You think that pane of glass that squashed him after game 1 affected him? He did not seem right that whole series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Let's drop a 170 pound dead weight onto your head and back and see if it affects you or not - I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet it had something do with his play the rest of that series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Right now, I'd go with Chara. To play 28 minutes and follow it up the next night with 35 against Toronto is insane. Last night it seemed like he never left the ice. He's putting up points as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Right now, I'd go with Chara. To play 28 minutes and follow it up the next night with 35 against Toronto is insane. Last night it seemed like he never left the ice. He's putting up points as well.

i honestly don't understand how anyone could pick someone other than Chara. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Waiting for the Jagr vote

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krejci, hands down. The only challenger might be Rask. Chara and Bergeron are just being themselves (which is why they are so awesome!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Ok...I'll bite. Jagr will win when all is said and done!!

It Is Written!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Ok...I'll bite. Jagr will win when all is said and done!!

It Is Written!!!

Haha...it wouldn't shock me if he does, anything is possible!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Just wait, Hang...the best is yet to come!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

With Ference,Seidenberg and Redden out, Chara is asked to do that much more. As great as Krejci,bergeron and Tuuka have been if those players continue to be out, and even though Hamilton,Krug and Bartkowski play well, it's too hard for me to overlook Chara.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't want to look too far ahead jm.  I'd be happy with a Jagr PP goal to start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Krejci, hands down. The only challenger might be Rask. Chara and Bergeron are just being themselves (which is why they are so awesome!)

i don't think you understand what MVP means. The question isn't who is playing the most over their head (although you could argue that that is also Chara, playing an extra 5:06 per game, with rookies half the time, has gone from his regular season +.29 per game to a playoff +1 per game, has gone from .39 points per game regular season to 1.25 points per game in the playoffs), it's who is the most valuable 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's Krecji.  No Krecji = no offense.  It's Krecji.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

It's Krecji.  No Krecji = no offense.  It's Krecji.

well, it's "krejci'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

OK NAS

Sections
Shortcuts