Playoff MVP So Far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Playoff MVP So Far?

If you had to vote today, who would you pick for Playoff MVP?  And also, make a prediction on who will win it if you think the B's will win the cup.

I think the top 4 are pretty much:

Nathan Horton
    David Krejci
    Patrice Bergeron
    Tim Thomas

For so far, I have to go with Horton.  To many big goals to ignore.

I think the B's take the cup, so my MVP for the finals will be David Krecji.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Playoff MVP So Far?

1.seidenberg
    2.bergeron
    3.horton
    4.thomas
    boston in 6 games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

1. Krejci
    2. Thomas
    3. Seidenberg
    4. Horton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Seid's has been a monster, but I don't think he will get the consideration he deserves because his point total.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

1.  bergeron
    2.  thomas
    3.  krejci
    4.  Horton

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Krejci, Bergy, Thomas, Chara. Unsung hero of the playoffs... Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Horton, Bruins in 6. Honorable mention to Ference, just for shooting the finger to the Bell Centre crowd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

1. Horton-for being most clutch
    2. Bergeron-for being tenaciously steady
    3. Seids & Big Z -shutdown baby ! shutdown
    4. Krejci-cool,calm,efficient
    5  TT-one save ,says it all

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

1. Bergeron
    2. Horton
    3. Thomas
    4. Chara
    5. Krejci
    6. Seidenberg

I like Bergeron at the top of the rankings, 2-6 are very interchangeable.

Go B's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i don't think thomas should be in the running, hes been great at times, but he has also had some very poor games. Krejci is leading the league in goals. if he scores 3 in the final, he will match his totals for the entire regular season. Horton should be in the running. I have a feeling if the Bs win the cup, Krejci will be handed the Conn Smythe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far?:
    [QUOTE]i don't think thomas should be in the running, hes been great at times, but he has also had some very poor games. Krejci is leading the league in goals. if he scores 3 in the final, he will match his totals for the entire regular season. Horton should be in the running. I have a feeling if the Bs win the cup, Krejci will be handed the Conn Smythe
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

I agree mostly, but what would you say if Thomas pitches a couple shut outs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

dauber- Thomas has had some poor games, but Krejci was also absent from the Montreal series.  I think back to stoning Gionta and that immediately gets my attention for consideration.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]1. Bergeron 2. Horton 3. Thomas 4. Chara 5. Krejci 6. Seidenberg I like Bergeron at the top of the rankings, 2-6 are very interchangeable. Go B's!
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I'm copying your picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Horton - 2 OT winners and GW gm 7

Bergeron - series 1 habs best player, came back Philly series and face offs/ keeps second line intact

Siedenberg- is the most consistent d man so far

Thomas- kept us in the gms with some spectacular saves ( my personal reasons it would be nice to see him get the MVP trophy)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

Thomas, Kejci or Horton.  Those are the only 3 that should be considered playoff MVP.  And out of those 3, how can you give it to anyone other than TT?  He's kept us in every game with his acrobatics.

Chara and Bergeron have been great, but haven't had teh impact that the top 3 have had.  

I think Ference has been the most consistent d-man (i.e., hasn't coughed up the puck). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas, Thomas

We have the best goalie in the league. Sure he's given up some bad goals. But, so far, he's come up big when he's had to. Lot of talk about Vancouver's forwards and defence being better than ours but I would much rather have Timmy then Roberto. Go TT!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I give Timmy a bit of a break on some games because the competition level in the playoffs is so much higher. Not trying to make an excuse for him, but the better the teams we see the better the goal scorers, so I can understand a couple of high scoring games. Luongo has been the same way.
     But for playoff MVP Horton is the man, best signing by the Bruins in just about forever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kelser
    Horton
    Bieksa
    DK

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

Kesler

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

1. Thomas
    2. Bergeron
    3. Horton

I think there are several honorable mentions, starting with
    Marchand, Seidenberg, Chara, and Krejci

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]i don't think thomas should be in the running, hes been great at times, but he has also had some very poor games. Krejci is leading the league in goals. if he scores 3 in the final, he will match his totals for the entire regular season. Horton should be in the running. I have a feeling if the Bs win the cup, Krejci will be handed the Conn Smythe
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Very poor games?  That's a bit harsh.  Below average I'll give you.  Did he get pulled in any of them?  Should he have been pulled in any of them.  No and No.
    That said, unless he steals this series, those below average games will prevent him from winning the Smythe.  Bergy is my sentimental pick, love what he does day in and day out.  Hornton will win it if he contributes at all and the B's win. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I'd say Bergeron.  From faceoffs to shutting down opposing team's best players and then putting the puck in the net this guy is getting it done since the first round. 

Chara, Seidenberg, Horton and Thomas are my other contenders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

It's hard to nail down a true Bruins MVP for these playoffs. Everyone has some holes to their nomination.
    1. Horton- has raised his game and with the OT/GW goals, but stay outta the box!
    2. Bergeron- stellar two-way play but not a ton of points.
    3. Thomas- brilliant at times, at other times...
    4. Krecji- goals and points but inconsistent at times.
    5. Chara/Seidenberg- Dominant defensively, but offensively...

Which player means the most to the team? Well, take any ONE of these guys out of the lineup and the B's more than likely lose. As cliche as it sounds, the whole being greater than sum of the parts is what makes this team great. My playoff MVP goes to the whole team.

Let's go BRUINS!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas, Kejci or Horton.  Those are the only 3 that should be considered playoff MVP.  And out of those 3, how can you give it to anyone other than TT?  He's kept us in every game with his acrobatics. Chara and Bergeron have been great, but haven't had teh impact that the top 3 have had.   I think Ference has been the most consistent d-man (i.e., hasn't coughed up the puck). 
    Posted by Altus123[/QUOTE]
     i'll answer your question with another question....how many times has TT let up 5 goals in a game?