Playoff MVP So Far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Playoff MVP So Far?

In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far? : Very poor games?  That's a bit harsh.  Below average I'll give you.  Did he get pulled in any of them?  Should he have been pulled in any of them.  No and No. That said, unless he steals this series, those below average games will prevent him from winning the Smythe.  Bergy is my sentimental pick, love what he does day in and day out.  Hornton will win it if he contributes at all and the B's win. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

not really. I'll go beyond very poor. Game four the was flat out awful. he did not give the bruins an opportunity to win. Don't get me wrong he has been fantastic at other times, but I don't see how he gets the nod over krejci, horton, seidenberg bergeron, or Chara. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If the Bruins win I think TT gets it. 
    If the Nuks win I think Kelser gets it.

In fact I think Kesler may get it regardless.  

The finals might make it a little clearer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Kelser Horton Bieksa DK
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Geez another one of your stupid annoying posts. Are you even a Bruins fan? Krejci is the MVP so far. Look at the Game Winning Goals stat pal. Also how many game winning assists does he have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Seidenberg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins win I think TT gets it.  If the Nuks win I think Kelser gets it. In fact I think Kesler may get it regardless.   The finals might make it a little clearer
    Shupe, as usual you're overvaluing one of the opposition. I certainly like the way Kesler has played in these playoffs but he hasn't been so good as to be deserving of MVP hands down yet. Henrik has 21p and Daniel has more goals so it's not like he's carrying the team. I think that just like Lord Stanley's Cup, the Conn Smythe is still a very wide open race that is far from being decided.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kelser has been playing at another level.  And is it a bad thing to give credit to another player?  Lord, H Sedin they were asking to stripe him of the C.  Its more than based on points.  I thought Kesler was done the other night.  He basically demanded the puck on his stick and eventually gets the game tied up by going to the net.  Lets also look at Kesler wingers.  Higgins and Raymond. 
    As usual you are picking arguments with me based on opinion.
    Answer me this.  If 100 so called NHL experts had to pick one guy for MVP at the moment.  Who do you think the majority would pick?  So if I am overvaluing him its likely for a reason.  He has been outstanding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If the B's win the cup I think Horton has a shot at the Conn Smythe. The most clutch guy they have right now. Reminds me of Brad Richards with TB a few years ago....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kelser has been playing at another level.  And is it a bad thing to give credit to another player?  Lord, H Sedin they were asking to stripe him of the C.  Its more than based on points.  I thought Kesler was done the other night.  He basically demanded the puck on his stick and eventually gets the game tied up by going to the net.  Lets also look at Kesler wingers.  Higgins and Raymond.  As usual you are picking arguments with me based on opinion. Answer me this.  If 100 so called NHL experts had to pick one guy for MVP at the moment.  Who do you think the majority would pick?  So if I am overvaluing him its likely for a reason.  He has been outstanding.
    Shupe, I already said that Kesler has been good you sensitive giant. I'm just saying that with the play thus far of the Sedin's, Bieksa, Hamhuis,Luongo,Bergeron,TT,Chara,Horton,Krejci,etc.........makes that hardware still there for the taking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I commented on your reply.  How is that being senstitive.  :-)

H&D Sedin were pretty much invisible for the 2nd round.  No I know Kesler wasnt lighting the lamp in round one...but you sure as heck noticed him out there.

I gave my top 4.
    Kesler
    Horton
    Bieksa
    DK

I just think Kesler is above and beyond anyone at this point.  But for you that is overvaluing him?  I am lost.  Other than the names you presented which are pretty much on par with mine. 
    And you still didnt answer my.  If you had one vote who would it be based on level of play throughout the playoffs?  My opinion/pick would be Kesler, b.c I think he has been better than the rest. 
    Now stop picking on me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I commented on your reply.  How is that being senstitive.  :-) H&D Sedin were pretty much invisible for the 2nd round.  No I know Kesler wasnt lighting the lamp in round one...but you sure as heck noticed him out there. I gave my top 4. Kesler Horton Bieksa DK I just think Kesler is above and beyond anyone at this point.  But for you that is overvaluing him?  I am lost.  Other than the names you presented which are pretty much on par with mine.  And you still didnt answer my.  If you had one vote who would it be based on level of play throughout the playoffs?  My opinion/pick would be Kesler, b.c I think he has been better than the rest.  Now stop picking on me.
    Shupe, I only mean that I don't think he's played so far above everyone else that he might win MVP in a losing effort. I'm just having trouble imagining a Canuck taking the Conn Smythe while the Bruins hoist the Cup. I'm still sticking with Bergeron as my pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins win I think TT gets it.  If the Nuks win I think Kelser gets it. In fact I think Kesler may get it regardless.   The finals might make it a little clearer

Agree, though the final series may play a role in the final award here. Horton and Bergeron have been incredible for their team as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far? : Shupe, I only mean that I don't think he's played so far above everyone else that he might win MVP in a losing effort. I'm just having trouble imagining a Canuck taking the Conn Smythe while the Bruins hoist the Cup. I'm still sticking with Bergeron as my pick.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with Bergie.  Steady as they come.  I think his quietly-amazingly play(i mean that as a total compliment) may hurt him.  The flare for thr dramatic hasnt been his thing.  Sometimes I am sure they vote on that. 
    My pick of Kelser is b/c he went head to head against Toews and the Stanley Cup Champs.  Then went head to head with thorton. His round against Nashville was pretty impressive as well.

IF- The Bruins win the cup.  TT will be the main reason and he would get it then.  The fact Boston has many guys is a pure statement of team play.
    IF- Van wins.  Its a no brainer.  Even though guys like Bieksa/Gazoo Twins have played well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far? : I have no issue with Bergie.  Steady as they come.  I think his quietly-amazingly play(i mean that as a total compliment) may hurt him.  The flare for thr dramatic hasnt been his thing.  Sometimes I am sure they vote on that.  My pick of Kelser is b/c he went head to head against Toews and the Stanley Cup Champs.  Then went head to head with thorton. His round against Nashville was pretty impressive as well. IF- The Bruins win the cup.  TT will be the main reason and he would get it then.  The fact Boston has many guys is a pure statement of team play. IF- Van wins.  Its a no brainer.  Even though guys like Bieksa/Gazoo Twins have played well. 
    I can't wait to find out who wins. I feel like a kid at Christmas now that the Bruins are in the finals. If it's a flair for the dramatic that people want they can look no further than Nathan Horton. Lots of goals and lots of saves come so, like I said, the trophy will go to a guy(Bergeron) who has a big final to seperate himself from the pack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

shupe - saying that Kesler would win the Conn Smythe following a B's win is extremely unlikely and borderline ridiculous.

Consider this:
    Bergeron
    VS Mtl: 7gp 2-5-7 +5
    VS Phi: 4gp 0-5-5 +2
    VS TB: 5gp 2-1-3 +2
    Totals: 16gp 4-11-15 +9
    62.3% on draws for the Playoffs, including 14 of 16 games > 50%

Kesler
    VS Chi: 7gp 0-4-4 +4
    VS Nsh: 6gp 5-6-11 +2
    VS SJ: 5gp 2-1-3 E
    Totals: 18gp 7-11-18 +6
    54.7% on draws for the Playoffs, including 11 of 18 games > 50%

Just me, but I don't see a material difference in the performance of Kesler or Bergeron, both guys are playing great.  That said, I would not be suggesting that Bergeron might win the Conn Smythe regardless of a Bruins win. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

somebody's got a keslerboner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Chara, Bergeron, Horton, Thomas, Krejci. Chara is force of nature and is playing like one. Bergeron - best forward in all key areas. Horton, the man is clutch. Tim Thomas, has stood tall in the toughest moments and still the only goalie remaining in the playoffs not to be pulled. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

The Conn Smythe doesn't get awarded until AFTER the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Saying that - IF Boston wins the Cup, Thomas will have a hand in that! I really can't see Rask coming in and beating the Canucks. Thomas has had some bad games but if not for him, Boston would not have gotten past the Habs, Flyers or Bolts.

Yes Horton has had extremely timely goals but they are only timely due to Thomas keeping the Bruins in the games.

Bergie has had the best playoffs of any Bruin forward. And he went down for 2 games.

To name an MVP, I would have to pick Thomas. The last man to beat and he stood tall. Most of the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Btw, to win the Vezina and Lord Stanley Cup!!
    Your gonna get the Conn Smythe
    !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]shupe - saying that Kesler would win the Conn Smythe following a B's win is extremely unlikely and borderline ridiculous. Consider this: Bergeron VS Mtl: 7gp 2-5-7 +5 VS Phi: 4gp 0-5-5 +2 VS TB: 5gp 2-1-3 +2 Totals: 16gp 4-11-15 +9 62.3% on draws for the Playoffs, including 14 of 16 games /> 50% Kesler VS Chi: 7gp 0-4-4 +4 VS Nsh: 6gp 5-6-11 +2 VS SJ: 5gp 2-1-3 E Totals: 18gp 7-11-18 +6 54.7% on draws for the Playoffs, including 11 of 18 games > 50% Just me, but I don't see a material difference in the performance of Kesler or Bergeron, both guys are playing great.  That said, I would not be suggesting that Bergeron might win the Conn Smythe regardless of a Bruins win. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Kesler has been playing outstanding.  You notice him do something positive in every series.  And not shooting down our competition but its just not the Western conference. 
    I am saying at this moment if the playoffs stopped he would be the odds on favorite to win.  Would you agree?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Krej 10G 4GWG first hat trick since Neely, 17Pts

Hort 8G 3GWG, 2 game 7 series enders

Berg stats +9 against opposition top players, best shutdown in playoffs

TT 2 SO, countless heroics, continues stopping the best
    beat Price, beat Boucher who had best numbers before meeting B's, beat the unbeatable Rollo, now to face Olympic winner,

A win could place any as the MVP.

Seguin scores 4 OT winners in finals and scoops it from them all.lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far? : Kesler has been playing outstanding.  You notice him do something positive in every series.  And not shooting down our competition but its just not the Western conference.  I am saying at this moment if the playoffs stopped he would be the odds on favorite to win.  Would you agree?

I would only agree that he is in the conversation with other players in this series, including:
    Boston: Bergeron, Horton, Thomas, Chara and Krejci
    Vancouver: H.Sedin, Kesler, Luongo, Bieksa and D.Sedin

In that group, I do not see a slam dunk for Kesler, as I would take Bergeron over him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok I am assuming it is the Bs MVP

Bergeron.... he is PJ Axelsson on steroids
    Chara.... if you don't understand his importance then hockey is a spectator sport
    Thomas.... flat out beat Montreal!!!!!!! Tampons would say the same.
    Krejci.... slammed Bookboy a few weeks back on his comparison to Datsyuk, wrong again,  but DK has elevated his game to a point where Horton and Lucic are like parts of his game plan.... brilliant feed from Ference to Krejci to Horton.... wow... textbook.  Vancouver has the star power, I am sure the team will not take the Bs or those for lightly.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

Gotta go with Horton.  Mr. Clutch. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Playoff MVP So Far?:
    [QUOTE]Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]

Bergeron.

Most clutch player, Horton.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff MVP So Far? : I would only agree that he is in the conversation with other players in this series, including: Boston: Bergeron, Horton, Thomas, Chara and Krejci Vancouver: H.Sedin, Kesler, Luongo, Bieksa and D.Sedin In that group, I do not see a slam dunk for Kesler, as I would take Bergeron over him.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Nothing against Bergie at all.  But he hasnt had the same playoffs that Kesler has.  And I bet if a poll was conducted the odds on favorite at the moment would be Kesler.

Bergie has done it all and I am not arguing that he hasnt.  Its an opinion.  Mine is different than yours.  No big whoop.