Playoff Power Play %

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Playoff Power Play %

Tampa Bay Lightning 26%

Vancouver Canucks 22.5%

San Jose Sharks 15.4%

Boston Bruins 4.9% (pathetic)

I'm struggling to convince myself that the Bruins can win this series or the Stanley Cup without improving their PP %. They are 2 for 42 in the playoffs, can somebody please convince me that I'm wrong and that the Bruins can actually win without a Power Play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Playoff Power Play %

wait are you saying the bruins powerplay hasn't been doing well? REALLY? shocking, thanks for the update

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

All that matters is you score goals and prevent goals.  It doesn't matter when you score the goals, be it on the pp or off the pp.  The Bruins are a depth team, so they are naturally going to score less on the pp than a team built around stars, like TB.  Nonetheless, it would be nice to see them pot a few 'easy' pp goals.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Power Play %:
    They won't win with a PP that low, continuing on, no.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

according to you with jacobs it isn't possible for them to win

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

it's 4,7% not 4,9....getting worst each game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I guess it's only good enough to beat lowly teams, like the Habs and Flyers...

The incompetence is staggering though.  You would think that basic laws of probability would lead to a significant statistical recovery.  It is hard to find anything positive to say about Kaberle at all, when he continues to play badly all-around and fail at the one aspect of the game he was supposed to thrive at.

I tend to agree, if it doesn't get better, that can't go on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

of course you won 2 series... against Habs with half a team  ( too many players injured) and Flyers with 5 players injured who needed surgeries ( without Pronger, Carter)  and bad goaltending nothing to be proud of... but you'll need your PP to go further....that's for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Excuses...the calling card of the loser.

P.S.  The Bruins beat the Habs.  Taste it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The problem is that when they are trailing and really need a goal, their PP can't deliver.  So the opposing team gets an easy kill and then, momentum after the kill - it's a trickle down effect that impacts more than just the 2 minutes.  And the longer the PP doesn't deliver, the more momentum shifts to the opponent.

Play with a lead and the PP becomes less important. 

Or start scoring a damn PP goal every now and then - that would be even better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Excuses...the calling card of the loser. P.S.  The Bruins beat the Habs.  Taste it.
    Posted by Fletcher1
    excuses for 2 teams  sorry but i don t buy it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The problem is that when they are trailing and really need a goal, their PP can't deliver.  So the opposing team gets an easy kill and then, momentum after the kill - it's a trickle down effect that impacts more than just the 2 minutes.  And the longer the PP doesn't deliver, the more momentum shifts to the opponent. Play with a lead and the PP becomes less important.  Or start scoring a damn PP goal every now and then - that would be even better.
    Posted by hangnail

How about the other team not afraid to take penalties and take away scoring chances.
    Anyway I'm betting on the experts saying how can this team continue moving forward with a PP that is below 10%. After they go to the final , that is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Power Play % : How about the other team not afraid to take penalties and take away scoring chances. Anyway I'm betting on the experts saying how can this team continue moving forward with a PP that is below 10%. After they go to the final , that is.
    Posted by BsLegion

I agree I think they'll win this series, but like you and everyone else, I hate the gaping hole in their game that is the PP.  Its almost comical in a way how bad it is!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Playoff Power Play %:
    Tampa Bay Lightning 26% Vancouver Canucks 22.5% San Jose Sharks 15.4% Boston Bruins 4.9% (pathetic) I'm struggling to convince myself that the Bruins can win this series or the Stanley Cup without improving their PP %. They are 2 for 42 in the playoffs, can somebody please convince me that I'm wrong and that the Bruins can actually win without a Power Play?
    Posted by MrVmax

No they can't and were all dreaming if we think they can

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Playoff Power Play % : No they can't and were all dreaming if we think they can
    Posted by kitchener

Yes . California dreaming .  That is if the series btween Bruins and San Jose takes place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Playoff Power Play %:
    Tampa Bay Lightning 26% Vancouver Canucks 22.5% San Jose Sharks 15.4% Boston Bruins 4.9% (pathetic) I'm struggling to convince myself that the Bruins can win this series or the Stanley Cup without improving their PP %. They are 2 for 42 in the playoffs, can somebody please convince me that I'm wrong and that the Bruins can actually win without a Power Play?
    Posted by MrVmax

Let's just hope that 2 in the last 10 PP's is a sign of things to come. The last 2 PP's looked good last game so I doubt they'll have another 0 for 30 streak again in these playoffs. But if they do, the hill will likely be too steep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Starting tomorrow the % will go up with Seguin on the PP ....by the end of the Stanly Cup final series B's will be at around 16%

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

of course you won 2 series... GOLLUM! GOLLUM!....against Habs with half a team  ( too many players injured) and Flyers with 5 players injured who needed surgeries ( without Pronger, Carter)  and bad goaltending nothing to be proud of... but Smeagal says you'll need your PP to go further....that's for sure...myyy precious....
    Posted by Greatseason

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Power Play % : Another lie, eh there, child? Never said that. I did say Jacobs has held the organization back and got caught with his pants down coming out the lockout in 2005. Only now has the organization really regained its footing. You're too immature to handle discussion if it doesn't align with your homerism.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

b's were 53-19-10 in 09.  i think the organization regained its footing a while ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

of course you won 2 series... against Habs with half a team  ( too many players injured) and Flyers with 5 players injured who needed surgeries ( without Pronger, Carter)  and bad goaltending nothing to be proud of... but you'll need your PP to go further....that's for sure.
    Posted by Greatseason

Excuses, excuses...they won, deal with it. You predicted wrong

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from noudidnt. Show noudidnt's posts

Hey Mik...what happened to your post titled "how to read posts from a putz...i mean, GS?"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bench Kaberle... and watch our PP catch fire!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Many of the top power play teams who stunk 5 on 5 are now fishing. I would love to see an improved PP but since majority of the game is full strength -- I'll take the 2 series wins and hope for a 3rd and a chance at the cup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

wait are you saying the bruins powerplay hasn't been doing well? REALLY? shocking, thanks for the update
    Posted by thedauber1

Did you read the post? I nevered offered any ground breaking news about the power play, I simply asked for some opinions on how the Bruins win without a Power Play to speak of. Thanks for playing though!

Sections
Shortcuts