Playoff rituals anyone.....?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Playoff rituals anyone.....?

Personally I sit on the same couch with 4 pillows behind my head.... have both TV remotes side by side on the ottoman....I watch it on Station 802 (Bell HD)... the white 2011 Stanly Cup champions hat on the bannister (untouched since the round 1 )....i wear NO Bruin paraphernalia during the game.... i shave after every round... no one is in the room with me while i watch the game...after the first period I dont watch Coaches Corner ... after the second period I do watch HNIC Studio 42 team....

GO BRUINS !!!!

BBB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Playoff rituals anyone.....?

Cool thread, NB.

I wear the same outfit every game and never wash either until the Bruins are eliminated (Don't judge; it's working). Same shorts, my Bobby Orr shirt, my Bobby Orr jersey and a snapback Boston Bruins hat.  I get a 6-pack of Sam Adams before every game.  I sit in my same black leather chair for the entire game and don't move until commercial breaks to grab another cold one.  I put my phone on silent and only check it in between periods.  That's about it.

Here's to hoping it continues to work for another 4 W's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well i always wear by lucic tshirt unless im at work.  In game 7 in the 3rd period agaist the leafs i had a big bowl of chicago mix popcorn from costco.  Its caramel and cheese coated popcorn and its awesome.  So, it was the first time i had it so i have a bowl to start the gms.  Its worked so far.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pre-game, I watch the video on my "Join Me" thread.  First 2 periods I watch the game by myself in the basement.  After the second period I have a bowl of Lucky Charms and watch the 3rd period with my 3 teenagers, 2 girls and a boy.  Right after the game ends switch to Felger and Amonte, and always take  a picture of the Bruin who gets the jacket during his interview.  When I'm tired, go upstairs to see if I can get a little, but the wife always fakes sleeping. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't have any rituals, other than a generally increased heart rate and a quickly emptying pack of smokes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I always wear my Bruins Seguin t shirt under my uniform shirt if im working. If Im at home I wear my hat only. I used to wear my jersey but every time I wore it in 2011 they lost so now I just lay it out neatly on the couch beside me. Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I usually drink and am irritable during close games.  Not a big jersey fan either, I'll throw on a Bruins hat or t-shirt for big games.

Headed to the bar for game 1 with some beer league teammates who are also from New England.  We'll throw in a good luck carbomb at some point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I always wear my Bruins Seguin t shirt under my uniform shirt if im working. If Im at home I wear my hat only. I used to wear my jersey but every time I wore it in 2011 they lost so now I just lay it out neatly on the couch beside me. Go Bruins!

That must be quite the site, buck naked on the couch with a Bruins hat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Cool thread, NB.

I wear the same outfit every game and never wash either until the Bruins are eliminated (Don't judge; it's working). Same shorts, my Bobby Orr shirt, my Bobby Orr jersey and a snapback Boston Bruins hat.  I get a 6-pack of Sam Adams before every game.  I sit in my same black leather chair for the entire game and don't move until commercial breaks to grab another cold one.  I put my phone on silent and only check it in between periods.  That's about it.

Ditto for me on the shirt, only mine's a Bergeron. No washing till it's over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Cool thread, NB.

Ditto for me on the shirt, only mine's a Bergeron. No washing till it's over.

You're a good man.  

The people that dare to be around you every game, whether because of the stench from your unwashed clothes or if you're irritable/ornery like myself, deserve to be acknowledged for being brave souls.

My girlfriend refuses to watch the games with me during the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

since i am not a player,instead of having a playoff beard, i shave only on game days. so far so good.

"the world is full of crashing bores"-Morrissey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Haven't shaved since the opening round, won't till the Bruins win the Cup or get knocked out. Always wear light colour underwear and t-shirt for away games and darks for home.

Usually watch game with lifetime buddy. This year he's been out of town a few games but the Wife is a very comparable substitute. Here' hoping his wife and mine all watch together on elimination night and see the Boston Bruins raise the Cup 1 more time!

2 U's ... 2 K's ... 2 Cups

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Prey to family members,no longer here,who were big Bruin fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I always wear my Bergeron jersey with the same Bruins t-shirt underneath. Also wear my Bruins necklace and my lucky Bruins sox !  I usually go to Boston Pizza if I go out to watch the games and watch it on the same corner t.v. every time. Sounds dumb, but Bruins have won alot of big games while watching on that particular t.v. including the cup winning game in 2011. Of coarse I always have bitter Leaf fans busting my balls in the bar as I am in southern Ontario. Bring it on, wouldn't have it any other way !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Pray.  Big difference there, ya cannibal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Hot wings for game 1, served promptly at the puck drop.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

The playoff beard.  Got the Abe Lincoln / Ammish look, beard - no 'stache.  Nothing in particular during the games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'm using voodoo. Started in 2011 and forgot in 2012. Using it again this year as it is 100% sucessful so far.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Since I started wearing my Bruins Bobby Orr t-shirt the Bruins are 5-0 so I am hoping that streak keeps going tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have rituals. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

I watch the game in the company of 2 of my 3 cats.

We all have our own meals that we prepare during the pre-game show and start eating during the national anthem.

I have a bowl of Fruity Pebbles followed by two and half devil dogs.

One of my cats, Mr. Biggelsworth has a bowl of his favorite salmon and beef entree which he routinely finishes by the time goalies are introduced.

Another cat, Chip Striker, has his favorite entree of fish and liver which he always, and I mean always finishes by the time the referees are introduced. he then gets the remaining half of my third devil dog.

And lastly, like I said, i have 3 of them, my 3rd cat, Chester Williams, eats his dish chicken flavored kibble, which he will only eat on a paper plate in the other room. he then demands to finish off the left over milk from my bowl of Fruity Pebbles. He eats his dinner in the other room as he is not a fan of hockey. He only watches CSI Miami.

So, nothing big, but it seems to work and we all have a good time.

But boy, reading some of the stuff above. Most of you guys are weirdos.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, Kel, we're the weirdos.

Funny stuff!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Watch the game in my room the only thing I do is brush my teeth in between periods. Do not like to eat anything while game is going on. Even when I watch football I don't do it. In the playoffs sometimes I will watch the comcast pre game show with Felger and Amontie for a laugh. Then I go over match ups in my head on how the opposing team is going to attack the B's and what they must do to counter. Ya I'm crazy I know. GO Bruins !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It's called a  typo your real funny I was refering to my Mother,so F off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Settle down Kitchener, he was kidding.

Sections
Shortcuts