playoff seeding important?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

playoff seeding important?

i really hope the b's don't "relax" now that they have clinched a playoff spot. it looks like a real possibility that the rangers will overtake the habs for the 6th spot, making that the first round series for the b's if the b's stay where they are. not a favorable matchup in my opinion(not just because of sat). if the b's improve to the 2nd spot they would get (possibly) the habs( falling to 7). this in my opinion is a much better matchup for a seven game series. it seems like one team is headed up(rangers), and the other is headed down(habs) ...we'll see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: playoff seeding important?

As they say, pick your poison. Bruins will face Rangers Habs or Sabres in the first round. The question is who poses the most threat between Lundqvist, Miller & Price?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd like to avoid the Sabres. They seem to have that destiny vibe going right now and have that "we have nothing to lose" mentality.   I think Boston matches up the best with Montreal, actually.

Lundqvist scares me. They never do well against him.  Look at his career numbers against Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ive been saying it since the playoff talk started here:  BRING ON THE HABS!!!!!!

Rangers, ESPECIALLY Lundqvist, give the Bruins a hard time.  I think the Rangers will knock off whomever they play in the first round actually.

Sabers dont scare me at all, but they dont have anything to lose, unlike last year.  When you play with that mentality, it opens up your game, everyone plays lose and it can really help you.  Look at Philly last year.

The bottom three spots are really a toss-up at this point.  A skid by any of them and everything changes. 

I do not have a good feeling about the Rangers though, although last game against them the Bruins could have won easily had they showed up.  The Rangers did NOT look impressive in that game, Boston was just flat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

ADK: I was thinking that as well. It would be sad if thet mailed in their last seven games and went limping into the playoffs. These last few will display just how ready for the playoffs they really are.....

I personally don't care who they play in the opening round. No matter who, the B's still have to win 16 games go be champs. And, yes, home ice advantage does matter if just for line-changes alone.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tb is a possibly also but who cares every team will pose a serious challegne...we will play whoever, we can beat them all 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

There is no possible playoff scenario that doesn't concern me....and that's the way it should be.
    There are no "for sures"....thats why we watch the games.
    Having said that though, my feeling is this team is better than last years, or 09's, so we'll just have to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The team we have the most chances against now that they are intimated...is the habs
    I would pick next the NYR ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i wouldn't mail in the rest of the season but i would rest some guys. 7 games remaining, i would give thomas 4 of those nights off. I would give Chara 2-3 nights off, recchi 3-4 nights off, Bergeron 1, maybe 2 nights off, Seids 1 night off, and I think that would help the team going into the offs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I don't like the idea of playing the Rangers. Their defensive style ( blocking shots, back pressure on the puck, collapsing around Lundquist ) makes it hard for a team to get quality scoring chances. Whoever plays the NYR will have a hard time advancing to the next round if they are on their game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think the team is playing it's best overall hockey they've played all season. I expected a let down in the Rangers game after that emotional blow-out against the Habs. The play-offs are as unpredictable as the weather. When you look with the exception of Washington & Philly. On paper every other team has a goalie that can win a series by themselves! So, it really doesn't matter who they face. They'll be running into a great goalie at some point. It's up to TT, or Rask to either match or be better. This is what Moog always did against Roy. Roy was the better goalie (overrated imo) but still better. However, Andy always played his best play-off hockey against Montreal. This is what the B's goalie's need to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

Bring on the rangers! Honest guys the rangers are the number 1 team to play and why?

1-     have you seen their line-up, they are full of young players (no playoff experience)

2-

Lundquist what exactly has he done in his playoff career?

3-

Injuries – the rangers always seem to have a guy out

4-

Lundquist again – the rangers have over play him this year his going to run out of gas

5-

Brain Mccabe is their most experience d-man and that in itself is not good news (or good news for the bruins)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: playoff seeding important?:
    As they say, pick your poison. Bruins will face Rangers Habs or Sabres in the first round. The question is who poses the most threat between Lundqvist, Miller & Price?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Right on the money SoxFan !  You named 3 exceptional goalies and we will have to counter that with good goalies and Julien's defensive system.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I tend to always put playoffs down to goaltending. The Bruins seem to do decently against Price and Miller has not given them fits routinely. Lundquist on the other hand can be a nightmare for the Bruins. I'd rather some other team be tasked with knocking the Rangers out in the first round, and leave us with either the Habs or Sabres (or TB on the outside)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't think there are many teams wanting to play the bruins this postseason-tough physical team, balanced scoring and great goaltending. well guess what... the rangers are a mirror image of the b's. it would be the b's playing themselves in a hardfought knock 'em down, drag 'em out 7 game series. it would be a great series though, all things aside. just rather not face them in the 1st round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I n Response to Re: playoff seeding important?:
    Bring on the rangers! Honest guys the rangers are the number 1 team to play and why? 1-      have you seen their line-up, they are full of young players (no playoff experience) 2-      Lundquist what exactly has he done in his playoff career? 3-      Injuries – the rangers always seem to have a guy out 4-      Lundquist again – the rangers have over play him this year his going to run out of gas 5-      Brain Mccabe is their most experience d-man and that in itself is not good news (or good news for the bruins)
    Posted by john-88

Did you happen to see last Sat. afternoon's game? Not saying 1 game means everything but Rangers would be more than a formidable opponent for Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts