Playoff Sleepers: 2012 Edition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Playoff Sleepers: 2012 Edition

I don't expect them to do much in the playoffs but I hope Stephen Weiss has a good performance. Real good player who will finally make the playoffs. To me, he is very underrated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Sleepers: 2012 Edition:
    [QUOTE]The Kings have Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Williams, Brown and Doughty. There is a big difference between can't score goals and haven't scored goals. The Kings haven't scored many goals this year, but I certainly think they are able to.  But of course we are talking about dark horses here. If they had been great offensively and defensively this year they would be a favorite, not an underdog with the potential to upset. I don't expect them to dominate, but think they might surprise. In Response to Re: Playoff Sleepers: 2012 Edition :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    They seem to have the line up allright to do something but there seems to be something missing. They just haven't jelled and you would think with the players you have mentioned they would have no problem scoring.That being said as everyone knows, you just have to get in. As you said Oates, they would be dark horses, so who knows.They do have the goalie to pull off an upset.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I see LA over Chicago, if it happens, because Chicago can't stop a beachball, and they probably do not have Toews, their Captain, and by far, their best player. They have a worse GA than Edmonton!!!!

LA has a great D, their Team GA is the second best in the West. Maybe their Offense will pick up against the poor D of Chicago. It could be 4 str8. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't know if I can call Nashville a sleeper anymore because allot of NHL fans think they can go along way this year. I like the Preds chances against the Wings and really like them against Vancouver in the next round because of their superior defense and goaltending.

In the East I will also go with New Jersey as well. They have a really good third line this season which separates them from the 09' team that got beat by Carolina. Clarkson is going to be a handful for any team especially the not very deep Florida Panthers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if I can call Nashville a sleeper anymore because allot of NHL fans think they can go along way this year. I like the Preds chances against the Wings and really like them against Vancouver in the next round because of their superior defense and goaltending. In the East I will also go with New Jersey as well. They have a really good third line this season which separates them from the 09' team that got beat by Carolina. Clarkson is going to be a handful for any team especially the not very deep Florida Panthers.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Plus Parise is healthy, Zajac is back, Henrique has done well as a rookie, and Kovalchuk has quietly put together a decent season. If the goaltending holds up they have the capacity to surprise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

If you can't score in the regular season, there's no reason to suggest that you're going to be able to in the playoffs, when the checking gets ramped up another notch.  For that reason, I'm not a believer in the Kings, unless they can win every game 1-0 after 2.5 OTs (besides, they may not even make the playoffs).

Well, actually, any of the potential "dark horses" in the West could miss the playoffs, so it's kinda dodgy to pick one right now.  I'll reserve judgement until I see which of the 5 teams battling each other get those three spots (#3, #7 & #8).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]If you can't score in the regular season, there's no reason to suggest that you're going to be able to in the playoffs, when the checking gets ramped up another notch.  For that reason, I'm not a believer in the Kings, unless they can win every game 1-0 after 2.5 OTs (besides, they may not even make the playoffs). Well, actually, any of the potential "dark horses" in the West could miss the playoffs, so it's kinda dodgy to pick one right now.  I'll reserve judgement until I see which of the 5 teams battling each other get those three spots (#3, #7 & #8).
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]Thats the way i sort of see it as well, L.A can't score to save their soul.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]If you can't score in the regular season, there's no reason to suggest that you're going to be able to in the playoffs, when the checking gets ramped up another notch.  For that reason, I'm not a believer in the Kings, unless they can win every game 1-0 after 2.5 OTs (besides, they may not even make the playoffs). Well, actually, any of the potential "dark horses" in the West could miss the playoffs, so it's kinda dodgy to pick one right now.  I'll reserve judgement until I see which of the 5 teams battling each other get those three spots (#3, #7 & #8).
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Your right, but sometimes struggling players see the playoffs as a fresh start and turn it up. Wouldn't suprise me if this teams goals for per game doubled come playoff time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigger11. Show Trigger11's posts

I would watch out for the Habs!

;P

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff Sleepers: 2012 Edition : Your right, but sometimes struggling players see the playoffs as a fresh start and turn it up. Wouldn't suprise me if this teams goals for per game doubled come playoff time.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

That would definitely be a surprise to me!