Playoffs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Playoffs!

I hate myself for saying this but the team has had injuries to some of its better players in the past few years.  Success was limited by those injuries.  Savard and Krejci last year in the playoffs.  Bergeron beforehand.    PC has managed the cap presently and in the not so distant future.  The dollars are rolling in bad times.  Jacobs will not gamble with those results.  As for CJ, well the results are obvious as stated above, tops in defense and very good on offense.  Overall the team is made up of very good players with no real superstars except Chara and Thomas(?).  Those are the numbers and facts.  In a Belchickian world it is Ws the speak volumes.  

As for the gut feelings, the team is not ready for prime time.  The team is bipolar! When the Bs play with energy, well, they are the best.  And.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]True. That's fair. I guess my point was, I expected a loss to the Rangers after an emotional win. Just keep in mind, when the playoffs start, those kinds of losses will hurt.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

you expect a loss every time they hit the ice. 

to answer the OP's question, the b's could lose in the 1st round and pc's job would still be safe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I hate myself for saying this but the team has had injuries to some of its better players in the past few years.  Success was limited by those injuries.  Savard and Krejci last year in the playoffs.  Bergeron beforehand.    PC has managed the cap presently and in the not so distant future.  The dollars are rolling in bad times.  Jacobs will not gamble with those results.  As for CJ, well the results are obvious as stated above, tops in defense and very good on offense.  Overall the team is made up of very good players with no real superstars except Chara and Thomas(?).  Those are the numbers and facts.  In a Belchickian world it is Ws the speak volumes.   As for the gut feelings, the team is not ready for prime time.  The team is bipolar! When the Bs play with energy, well, they are the best.  And.....
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I think you've hit on how I feel about this team. Why is that? I can only guess past performance--too many heartbreaking collapses. I don't know why--w/everything you've said that is true about the core strength of this team--I still feel like they're not going to get past round 2, and maybe even be one and done.

it's not rational. The team IS good. They have flaws, yes. (I still think they lack a TRUE sniper who can be relied on to be the difference maker in tight games) but the fact is they are strong up the middle, made themselves better w/getting rid of Wheeler and picking up Peverly and Kelly (and Kabs), they have one of the best D-men in the whole league in Chara, and maybe the best goalie in Thomas (altho' I think goalies are a wash in that you could see any # of goalies steal a series in the playoffs: i.e. Miller, Price, Henrik, even Fleury...there are a LOT of good goalies out there.)

i just don't know and can;'t explain exactly why I see doom headed Boston's way again. I'm hopeless in this regard. They played a fantastic road game last nite vs. the #1 team in the east AND beat them in their own building. So why do I think they can't possibly beat Philly in a 7-game series? Or Washington? Or the Habs? Why do I think they'd outplay the Rangers but lose several games by scores of 1-0 and 2-1?

I wish i could do what NAS says and just sit and watch and wait and see. But it's still a nerve wracking combination of hope mixed with the expectancy of failure.

Oy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : I think you've hit on how I feel about this team. Why is that? I can only guess past performance--too many heartbreaking collapses. I don't know why--w/everything you've said that is true about the core strength of this team--I still feel like they're not going to get past round 2, and maybe even be one and done. it's not rational. The team IS good. They have flaws, yes. (I still think they lack a TRUE sniper who can be relied on to be the difference maker in tight games) but the fact is they are strong up the middle, made themselves better w/getting rid of Wheeler and picking up Peverly and Kelly (and Kabs), they have one of the best D-men in the whole league in Chara, and maybe the best goalie in Thomas (altho' I think goalies are a wash in that you could see any # of goalies steal a series in the playoffs: i.e. Miller, Price, Henrik, even Fleury...there are a LOT of good goalies out there.) i just don't know and can;'t explain exactly why I see doom headed Boston's way again. I'm hopeless in this regard. They played a fantastic road game last nite vs. the #1 team in the east AND beat them in their own building. So why do I think they can't possibly beat Philly in a 7-game series? Or Washington? Or the Habs? Why do I think they'd outplay the Rangers but lose several games by scores of 1-0 and 2-1? I wish i could do what NAS says and just sit and watch and wait and see. But it's still a nerve wracking combination of hope mixed with the expectancy of failure. Oy.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

My mind is always set on the fact only one team really wins.  Nonetheless, the Bs are my escape mechanism.  So if they lose I am miserable.  If they win I am pleased hoping for the best.  Losing Savard to me was a tough for the team.  The questions abound since then.  Kaberle was a nice addition to help the power play, but lets face the fact Krejci is not gong to score the goal like a Mike Richards or Savard.  The Bs are strong in the center position but lacking in the player to score the clutch goal. A sniper is Seguin in a few years and maybe he will rise to the playoff competition.  The defense is still slow.  But the system of CJ, despite my angst, is solid at least in the regular season.  Will the defense work in the playoffs against players like Eric Staal, to this fan, nope.  I am optimistic and positive in idealist point of view.  The reality though is some of these good players need to step up in the playoffs.  Hope I am wrong.  Generally I am. Ha. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoffs! : May I ask how old you are?  What, 17? Chiarelli doing what Jacobs looks for is good for Chiarelli and Jacobs, but not necessarily good for the fans. You must be new to following the organization.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Ok I will give PC credit at least a little bit. We are a much better team now than we were before he got here that can't be argued.

My main complaint on him is he is affraid to make major shakeups and how he chooses to spend the money on the team. He spends to the cap as he is allowed to by the owner. But where are our stars? He has chosen a balance team approach. TT has played great but I still think its a bad contract dollar wise and years for a goalie Tim's age. What I really didn't like about it was even before last season when TT got the contract we had Rask who I thought would take over the reins saving us some 5-6 mill in cap space. Don't take this like I am bashing TT I love and respect the heck out of Thomas for sticking with his career.

If it was me Claude would have been canned last season probably before even the 10 game losing streak. If the players rarley show up to play and this has been going on for 2 seasons now maybe its time a new voice and mind is guiding them.

After last seasons 3-0 choke job in the series and blowing a 3 goal lead in game 7 what changes were made in the offseason?

I also don't like how he hands out contract extensions like its play monopoly money. Instead of giving stupid contracts to so so to ok players I would rather have those dollars go to a prooven stud. Just my preference.

He has had 2 seasons now to replace Kessel and get us a sniper on the wing and we got horton?

If the team doesn't go past the second round I would like to see PC's head and Claude's head role. I guess I am not satisfied with being a second round team. If PC can't get us past the second round or claude then see ya!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

With Savard likely done and Ryder gone, we will have lots of cap space for next season.

I don't know if Chia will be gone, but maybe its time for a new coach

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

PC game himself about 5 years of job security with the Kessel trade.  As Seguin gets better, people will repeat over and over how he was stolen from TO.  Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Horton, Seguin and Marchand all 25 or under.  This team will be good for a long time.  All PC has to do is not mess it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]PC game himself about 5 years of job security with the Kessel trade.  As Seguin gets better, people will repeat over and over how he was stolen from TO.  Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron, Horton, Seguin and Marchand all 25 or under.  This team will be good for a long time.  All PC has to do is not mess it up.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

All he has to do is find a way to pay them all in five years.  That will be a real challenge.  Look for at least one of them to not be here by then. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : you expect a loss every time they hit the ice.  to answer the OP's question, the b's could lose in the 1st round and pc's job would still be safe.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Umm, no I don't. LIke tonight, I think they'll win. 

You're a raging homer, I am not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : Ok I will give PC credit at least a little bit. We are a much better team now than we were before he got here that can't be argued. My main complaint on him is he is affraid to make major shakeups and how he chooses to spend the money on the team. He spends to the cap as he is allowed to by the owner. But where are our stars? He has chosen a balance team approach. TT has played great but I still think its a bad contract dollar wise and years for a goalie Tim's age. What I really didn't like about it was even before last season when TT got the contract we had Rask who I thought would take over the reins saving us some 5-6 mill in cap space. Don't take this like I am bashing TT I love and respect the heck out of Thomas for sticking with his career. If it was me Claude would have been canned last season probably before even the 10 game losing streak. If the players rarley show up to play and this has been going on for 2 seasons now maybe its time a new voice and mind is guiding them. After last seasons 3-0 choke job in the series and blowing a 3 goal lead in game 7 what changes were made in the offseason? I also don't like how he hands out contract extensions like its play monopoly money. Instead of giving stupid contracts to so so to ok players I would rather have those dollars go to a prooven stud. Just my preference. He has had 2 seasons now to replace Kessel and get us a sniper on the wing and we got horton? If the team doesn't go past the second round I would like to see PC's head and Claude's head role. I guess I am not satisfied with being a second round team. If PC can't get us past the second round or claude then see ya!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

That's essentially my assessment which is why Chia's absolutely accountable as GM.

Apparently, some fans think he is completely untouchable and "safe for 5 years".

I don't know what planet some B's fans are on. 

A 3-0 choke job and some questionable contracts and signings put Chica right on the hotseat if his team that HE ASSEMBLED and the coach HE HIRED, collapse again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : I think you've hit on how I feel about this team. Why is that? I can only guess past performance--too many heartbreaking collapses. I don't know why--w/everything you've said that is true about the core strength of this team--I still feel like they're not going to get past round 2, and maybe even be one and done. it's not rational. The team IS good. They have flaws, yes. (I still think they lack a TRUE sniper who can be relied on to be the difference maker in tight games) but the fact is they are strong up the middle, made themselves better w/getting rid of Wheeler and picking up Peverly and Kelly (and Kabs), they have one of the best D-men in the whole league in Chara, and maybe the best goalie in Thomas (altho' I think goalies are a wash in that you could see any # of goalies steal a series in the playoffs: i.e. Miller, Price, Henrik, even Fleury...there are a LOT of good goalies out there.) i just don't know and can;'t explain exactly why I see doom headed Boston's way again. I'm hopeless in this regard. They played a fantastic road game last nite vs. the #1 team in the east AND beat them in their own building. So why do I think they can't possibly beat Philly in a 7-game series? Or Washington? Or the Habs? Why do I think they'd outplay the Rangers but lose several games by scores of 1-0 and 2-1? I wish i could do what NAS says and just sit and watch and wait and see. But it's still a nerve wracking combination of hope mixed with the expectancy of failure. Oy.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Right. Ryder is that sniper and Chiarelli signed him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Bruins are a VERY good team, and PC has BUILT this team.  Its HIS TEAM, and he's done a great job for the most part.  He isnt in jeopardy if they get knocked out in the first round in a sweep by the Habs.  Julien will go WAY before PC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right. Julien first as the scapegoat and then Chia is on the hotseast next year (if they are 1 and done this year/blow a series lead again).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Fact:  Coach goes before the GM.  PC hasnt done a bad job.  He has put a GREAT lineup on the ice, and THAT is his JOB.  Its JULIENS job to get them to play.  Simple as that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Fact:  Coach goes before the GM.  PC hasnt done a bad job.  He has put a GREAT lineup on the ice, and THAT is his JOB.  Its JULIENS job to get them to play.  Simple as that.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

It's also the GM's job to come up with the right chemistry and players that can be motivated.  He failed big time on Ryder, but the rest have been pretty good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont think he failed with Ryder as much as Ryder failed the Bruins.  Ryder was decent here.  Streaky:  Yes, but still decent.  This year he has given up it seems.  But, before he came here people were saying his last year in Hab land he was "out of his head" and thats why he was in trouble up there.  Its almost like there was a known "issue" with him, and PC took a gamble.  If he was 2.5 mil or less, he is worth it in my opinion.  I like what he has to offer, but I dont like how little he offers it.  I think its more of the players job to self-motivate and then the coach if they need it.  Some guys NEED it, most dont.  Ryder seems like a guy who REALLY needs someone motivating him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think he failed with Ryder as much as Ryder failed the Bruins.  Ryder was decent here.  Streaky:  Yes, but still decent.  This year he has given up it seems.  But, before he came here people were saying his last year in Hab land he was "out of his head" and thats why he was in trouble up there.  Its almost like there was a known "issue" with him, and PC took a gamble.  If he was 2.5 mil or less, he is worth it in my opinion.  I like what he has to offer, but I dont like how little he offers it.  I think its more of the players job to self-motivate and then the coach if they need it.  Some guys NEED it, most dont.  Ryder seems like a guy who REALLY needs someone motivating him.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Well stated Bigvig.Perfect description of the enigma we know as Michael Ryder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think he failed with Ryder as much as Ryder failed the Bruins.  Ryder was decent here.  Streaky:  Yes, but still decent.  This year he has given up it seems.  But, before he came here people were saying his last year in Hab land he was "out of his head" and thats why he was in trouble up there.  Its almost like there was a known "issue" with him, and PC took a gamble.  If he was 2.5 mil or less, he is worth it in my opinion.  I like what he has to offer, but I dont like how little he offers it.  I think its more of the players job to self-motivate and then the coach if they need it.  Some guys NEED it, most dont.  Ryder seems like a guy who REALLY needs someone motivating him.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

People spend a lot of time focusing on his contract.  He isn't in the press box these days because of his contract.  He's there because he is playing terrible.  If he signed a one year, $500,000 deal, I wouldn't be happy.  With that, he'd still be on the ice and that isn't a good thing save for one or two games a year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

What I like (now) is this: the attitude.  In addition, they are backing it up.  The statemenst that they are playing good teams; using every bit to prepare is the one- that's the ticket.  Now, they need an attitude that says- just win; win every game.  No letting up..whether they are up 3-0 in games or not.  Play for  60; finish them off.

Personally, I sense this is forming.  Hopefully, it will play out in the weeks ahead.  THIS is how to do it...not just because of this win.  Can they; will they?  They would be foolish not to.  Go B's!

Sections
Shortcuts