Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Playoffs

I don't think so

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Playoffs

I am afraid you may be right...biggest collapse since the red sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Playoffs":
    I am afraid you may be right...biggest collapse since the red sox? Posted by thefly8
    They look like a tired team....that long playoff run, combined with all the injuries, Im afraid this is not looking very good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

It only figures another Boston team would follow in the Red Sox steps.

Tired, injuries, and they've pretty much been neutered thanks to the officiating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Desperately want the Bs to make the play offs at the very very least but if they don't PC should take the fall. The 'players' he signed this year have sucked. All of them. Totally. What I would do new for Ryder, Recchi or Kaberle you have no idea.
    Hubris to the maximum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs:
    at the very very least but if they don't PC should take the fall. The 'players' he signed this year have sucked. All of them. Totally. What I would do new for Ryder, Recchi or Kaberle you have no idea. Hubris to the maximum.Posted by Hanrahan1

Totally dude PC should be fired a year after guiding the Bruins their first Stanley Cup in 39 years to tha max!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Desperately want the Bs to make the play offs at the very very least but if they don't PC should take the fall. The 'players' he signed this year have sucked. All of them. Totally. What I would do new for Ryder, Recchi or Kaberle you have no idea. Hubris to the maximum.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Ridiculous as it gets! Dumb POST!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to "Re: Playoffs": They look like a tired team....that long playoff run, combined with all the injuries, Im afraid this is not looking very good
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Why hasn't this affected the Canucks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Good question? to me it looks like they are using the injuries as a excuse to pack it in. The lack of effort is pretty clear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs : Why hasn't this affected the Canucks?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Actually, it has. They've been in a funk lately, going 4-4-2 in their last 10; including losing 5 of their last 7 (with 2 loser points); the Sedins are MIA, and Luongo looked brutal in the 3rd vs. the Habs.

The thing with the Canucks is that they're unmotivated right now.  The Blues are playing lights out, they'll be tough to catch for #1 in the West.  The Pacific winner isn't going to catch them for #2, and they've got a 14 pt lead on Colorado in the NW.  There's no urgency in their game, and it seems like they're coasting, just waiting till the playoffs start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs : Actually, it has. They've been in a funk lately, going 4-4-2 in their last 10; including losing 5 of their last 7 (with 2 loser points); the Sedins are MIA, and Luongo looked brutal in the 3rd vs. the Habs. The thing with the Canucks is that they're unmotivated right now.  The Blues are playing lights out, they'll be tough to catch for #1 in the West.  The Pacific winner isn't going to catch them for #2, and they've got a 14 pt lead on Colorado in the NW.  There's no urgency in their game, and it seems like they're coasting, just waiting till the playoffs start.
    Posted by 49-North

Fair enough - I saw the Canucks/Habs game and yes, Montreal buzzed them all game.  As poorly as Vancouver may be playing right now, the Bruins' situation is more precarious as they could drop to 7th.  The Sens are just 2 points back.  I wish we could say the Bruins are also cruising towards the regular season finish line.  They're crawling towards it.

In the Conference only Detroit (91 pts.) and the Preds (89 pts.) are within striking distance of Vancouver's 92.  I see only Ballard being of note regarding Canuck injuries as I'm unfamiliar with the importance of Ebbett and Volpatt to the team. 

I don't think one can compare the long-term loss of Ballard and company to that of Rask, Peverley and Horton in terms of the cumulative effect of having them out of the lineup.  The Bruin injuries have gutted the team.  Vancouver's has not. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I opened this thread and expected Jim Mora to yell at me..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs : Fair enough - I saw the Canucks/Habs game and yes, Montreal buzzed them all game for the win.  As poorly as Vancouver may be playing right now, the Bruins' situation is more precarious as they could drop to 7th.  The Sens are just 2 points back.  Only Detroit (91 pts.) and the Preds (89pts.) are within realistic striking distance of Vancouver.  I see only Ballard being of note regarding Canuck injuries as I'm unfamiliar with the importance of Ebbett and Volpatt.  I don't think you can compare the long-term loss of Rask, Peverley, Horton and McQuaid to Ballard etc in terms of what they mean to the Bruins.  They're part of the core.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

St.L, Det, & Nas are all in the Central, so only one of them can be ahead of the Canucks as the #1 seed; the others will be relegated, at best, to #4 or #5, regardless of how many pts they have.

Yes, Ballard is the only significant injury, and I really wonder how bad he is.  I know the Canucks want to have serious looks at both Tanev & Gragnani before the playoffs start.  Ebbett & Volpatti are 4th line depth forwards, in the same category as Weise (scratched) and Bitz (Chicago).  I heard that Ebbett is back on skates, but Volpatti may be done for the season.

I agree that the Bruins' injuries have put them in a serious situation.  As I posted a couple of weeks ago, injuries which occur in the front half of the season allow a team to test its depth, and if a concern, address it at the deadline.  Injuries post-deadline are much more serious, if you find that the depth you thought you had is incapable of producing consistent results at the NHL level.  The late season epidemic of injuries have severely tested the Bruins' depth.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs : This is what CJ should be doing right now in that locker room.  Blowing his lid. But, I'm OK with the NYR winning the Cup. Just not the Pens, please.
    Posted by ipot

Or Vancouver.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs : Finally, someone else who knows who NBC selected to win the next tainted Cup. LA still needs lots of help from Gregorys Daddys Officiating Crews, but just like the Bruins in 2011, the Kings are the chosen ones in 2012...bet the house on it.
    Posted by null

How much are you betting on it, Big Chew?

Who's money you going to bet? Mom's? Dad's? Sister's?

I say: you won't put your money where your mouth is because you got something in there already. Long time it's been in there, no room for anything else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Desperately want the Bs to make the play offs at the very very least but if they don't PC should take the fall. The 'players' he signed this year have sucked. All of them. Totally. What I would do new for Ryder, Recchi or Kaberle you have no idea. Hubris to the maximum.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Knee jerk ideas never pan out.

Love your avatar, hate your idea.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Still a long way to go. in 2 or 3 weeks from now you might be posting the opposite........That's hockey!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

The Bs will make the playoffs.  The division???  That may be a different story....

Look at the standings.  They're 9 points ahead of 9th place Buffalo with a game in hand and 11 points ahead of Winnipeg.  If the Bs go say 6-7 in their last 13, for a total of 95 points, Buffalo would have to go 10-1-1 to tie, and Winnipeg would have to go 11-1-1.  It's a pretty safe bet that even if they go 4-9 they will still get in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

doomsday club.

"yawn"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

50/50 chance to make it.   Have 1 game in hand on the Sens.  And the 5 points on the Caps.  Plenty of hcokey left for those 2 teams to take advantage of generosity the Busted Ruins are handing them.   That's why I love this team: they're so nice that they're letting someone else hoist the Cup this year. Posted by ipot

Nice guys Busted Ruins beat your team tonight. Congratulations to a wonderful Presidents Cup ceremony. Have fun at the Plaza Money mouth

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Division clinched - Check.
    No. 2 seed clinched - Check.

Bring on the Sens?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

There you go Kel.  Might as well enjoy the next week as the Bruins have nothing else to do but tune up to defend and stay healthy.

A-Puh, PLAYoffs!  PLAYoffs?!

Even with a game against their likely round 1 opponent, I don't think it matters much what happens in the Ottawa game.  Going all out to send a message is always risky, and there's not much Ottawa can take out of a game where the Bruins dress Turco, Corvo, Krug, Mottau, Boychuk, Zanon and McQuaid. 

Sections
Shortcuts