Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboman88. Show zamboman88's posts

Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas

I hope and pray that Peter is not forced to trade Tim Thomas.  The last time the GM"S hand was forced we gave away that years Hart Trophy winner.  Tim Thomas is without a doubt the Greatest Goalie the Bruins have ever had.  He beat the habs, he won the Vezina, he beat the habs, he won the Conn Smythe, he beat the habs,  he beat the habs, he won another Vezina, he beat the habs and won the STANLEY CUP FOR ALL OF US!  I'm not sure why I feel I have to defend him but everytime I try to watch or listen to  or talk about hockey it turns into Tim Thomas let his team down, Tim Thomas is self centered, Tim Thomas is a racist, Tim thomas bla bla bla.  I feel really sorry for Tim.  I don't believe for a second he thought that his absence would cause this much of a shitstorm.  When an actual well respected REPORTER in Canada mentioned that he has three daughters and that all thier names begin with K, as in KKK, I say enough is enough.  This has turned way worse than I could have imagined.  I don't neccessarily agree with Tims political stance but who cares what I believe.  Who cares what Tims' or any other sports "heros" political opinion is either?  Tim has huge balls.  For that he gets all my respect.  For beating the habs he gets even more.  To trade Tim would be a very sad day in Bruins history, no matter what the return.  Let him help us win the cup.  He's pissed off and has the world actually against him, and we all know what happens when the world is against Tim Thomas.  So Mr. Jacobs please put your political beliefs aside for now.  Thomas' views do not reflect on our team or its management.  They are his.  Just as yours are yours. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas

Like everything this is todays news.  As soon as it passes it will be old news.  Funny thing would be for Habs fans to cheer him now.  In the history of hockey I dont think I have seen a better display of goaltending in a playoff run.  TT is a legend.
    I would have loved to go to the WH with a team who went to war for two months to lift the biggest trophy ever. 
    I am with you.  I hope TT stays. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Funny or sad Tim's getting more news about his white house no show than he did after winning the cup here in the states from national news. I don't understand how people are bashing him. It's his right not to show up if he didn't want to regardles of the reason. It is total bs that he let his team down somehow by not showing up. All i care is the man stops pucks for the boston bruins and if you are a true bruins fan thats all you should care about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Same here Shupe, by the time his No Movement Clause expires (end of this year) this will all be yesterdays news, and lets face it, if he showed up there and flipped Obama the bird it would all be forgotten should he perform in the playoffs like he did last year...That said, some interesting comments have come from the fall-out, and PC and Cam could be upset by how defiant he was, and should his play slip, while Tuuka excels and say they are bowled over by an offer from a goalie starved team (Tampa Bay for example) it could give them an out...i highly doubt this scenario would take place but I wouldnn't be shocked either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Same here Shupe, by the time his No Movement Clause expires (end of this year) this will all be yesterdays news, and lets face it, if he showed up there and flipped Obama the bird it would all be forgotten should he perform in the playoffs like he did last year...That said, some interesting comments have come from the fall-out, and PC and Cam could be upset by how defiant he was, and should his play slip, while Tuuka excels and say they are bowled over by an offer from a goalie starved team (Tampa Bay for example) it could give them an out...i highly doubt this scenario would take place but I wouldnn't be shocked either.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

This is a key point.  Playing as the league's elite goalie, leading his team to a Cup win -- teammates and management would be willing to put up with a lot of character flaws.

Would teams be willing to put up with a 'me-first' attitude, or a high degree of flakiness for a goalie whose play no longer holds those credentials?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Same here Shupe, by the time his No Movement Clause expires (end of this year) this will all be yesterdays news, and lets face it, if he showed up there and flipped Obama the bird it would all be forgotten should he perform in the playoffs like he did last year...That said, some interesting comments have come from the fall-out, and PC and Cam could be upset by how defiant he was, and should his play slip, while Tuuka excels and say they are bowled over by an offer from a goalie starved team (Tampa Bay for example) it could give them an out...i highly doubt this scenario would take place but I wouldnn't be shocked either.

kelv,
    I can see them dealing him in the offseason so they dont have to use the WH excuse. 
    Remember- goalies are strange to start with so if he did go I would be surprised.  TT is the heart beat of a repeat. 
    Yes- he should have gone to go with "the team" and to support what the "United States" is all about...even if he doesnt agree he lives in a free country where he doesnt have to worry about a lot of things.  Plus he makes millions.  But TEAM is the most important thing.
    Trading TT right now would hurt this team beyond repair unless the return was disgustingly amazing in return.  And lets face it...thats not gonna happen. 
    Just for fun though.
    TT-Horton-Boychuk for Kipper-JBo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas : kelv, I can see them dealing him in the offseason so they dont have to use the WH excuse.  Remember- goalies are strange to start with so if he did go I would be surprised.  TT is the heart beat of a repeat.  Yes- he should have gone to go with "the team" and to support what the "United States" is all about...even if he doesnt agree he lives in a free country where he doesnt have to worry about a lot of things.  Plus he makes millions.  But TEAM is the most important thing. Trading TT right now would hurt this team beyond repair unless the return was disgustingly amazing in return.  And lets face it...thats not gonna happen.  Just for fun though. TT-Horton-Boychuk for Kipper-JBo
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, but, as a goalie, and i've played for 30 years now, there is a me against the world mentality in everyone of us who has played. You find out how much part of the team you are when you have a couple of off games. Team has a couple of defensive break downs and they end up in the net, your fault. Part of this "me against the world" attitude is what makes him great, which I beleive the TEAM reeped the benefits from last year. Look how many times he has been cut, told he wasnt good enough and it was that attitude that kept him going, no doubt in my mind. He was in Edmonton earlier in his career, General Manager admitted he was the best goalie in camp, yet he was cut. Knows he can do it, yet his whole family has to move across the globe because of what he beleives in. His wife, kids sacrificed for this. His parents went without seeing their grandkids for how long? This all plays a part in this.  Alot of people would have given up by then. Months after he won the Vezina he loses his job, why? Cause he decided to play injured. Did anyone know about it? Did he use it as an excuse?  The defiant, selffish stubborness that he showed on Monday plays a big part of what kind of goalie he is. When Roberto Luongo called him out last year , that just added fuel to the fire, what he do, pitch a shutout in Game 7. You have to take the whole package, I gurantee you his teammates realize this, and as long as he produces on the ice, they really wont care. I find myself saying "FU, i play for me"....it's just a mentality. Your on an island, and if you dont have an islanders mentality the ship sails by...Billy Cundiff can probably word this better than I did, he knows where that island is. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas : I agree with this, but, as a goalie, and i've played for 30 years now, there is a me against the world mentality in everyone of us who has played. You find out how much part of the team you are when you have a couple of off games. Team has a couple of defensive break downs and they end up in the net, your fault. Part of this "me against the world" attitude is what makes him great, which I beleive the TEAM reeped the benefits from last year. Look how many times he has been cut, told he wasnt good enough and it was that attitude that kept him going, no doubt in my mind. He was in Edmonton earlier in his career, General Manager admitted he was the best goalie in camp, yet he was cut. Knows he can do it, yet his whole family has to move across the globe because of what he beleives in. His wife, kids sacrificed for this. His parents went without seeing their grandkids for how long? This all plays a part in this.  Alot of people would have given up by then. Months after he won the Vezina he loses his job, why? Cause he decided to play injured. Did anyone know about it? Did he use it as an excuse?  The defiant, selffish stubborness that he showed on Monday plays a big part of what kind of goalie he is. When Roberto Luongo called him out last year , that just added fuel to the fire, what he do, pitch a shutout in Game 7. You have to take the whole package, I gurantee you his teammates realize this, and as long as he produces on the ice, they really wont care. I find myself saying "FU, i play for me"....it's just a mentality. Your on an island, and if you dont have an islanders mentality the ship sails by...Billy Cundiff can probably word this better than I did, he knows where that island is. 

You've had numerous good posts. This might be your best. Agree 100%. You are still a weirdo though and I dont wanna get a hallmark quick comeback from Dez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Great post Kel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Geez...Thomas is not going to be traded. The team knew he would skip the White House ceremony for 2 months. Obviously they forgave him because no suspension. Back to hockey, as red says.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well if anyone thought I'd stay silent in this discussion doesn't know me very well! Kell, Shupe & Red you know this is my boy! BTW- Kel I loved your post man! As a fellow goalie I heard every tap of your keyboard brother!

Danny & I certainly had a good banter back & forth on this in the other forum & I'm not going to change his mind anymore than he will mine. I need to say this one thing & then I will say why the B's WON'T trade TT this season! Before I do that though. I want to say something to Zam. I am one of Timmy's biggest supporters & if that reporter who made that comment about Thomas' daughters doesn't have proof about TT being a "racist" I'd be doing what Grimson, Nilan & Thompson did to Cherry! IF what the reporter said is "TRUE!" I'd be done as a Timmy supporter!

Now, here's what I truly believe in my heart of hearts is what's going on & what happened & what Kel said will help support that. I think Thomas is in a "solidarity frame of mind" I don't think he gets himself close to anyone, because I think he's been burned too many times! I think that Timmy "acts" like he's only thinking of himself, but it's because of how he's been perceived in the past is what makes the guy mis-understood. I think that if this was any other goalie he should've been at the WH on Mon. I think that TT probably even tried to explain to some teammates as to what he was doing, but they didn't understand, or refused to see. Tim then said "screwit! I'll do it on my own like I always have!" This isn't about TT being against the US. It's about him putting himself in someone else's shoes who don't have it in them to beat the odds the way he did! This is about Tim NOT changing his views because he became a millionaire, but realizing that YES my family & I are living a great life, because I was able to persevere, but there's still thousands that haven't & NEVER WILL! I think TIM has another goal to be something besides a great goalie. And I think he took this opportunity to show that there's more to him then just being a great goalie! Whether this was the right time, or not is arguable, BUT when is there a better opportunity to take a stand on something? When you're at the top of the world, or when your sliding off it?

Are we not told to make the best of your opportunities, because they may only come around once! Well, maybe Timmy felt that it was a NOW or NEVER for him. I think TT didn't do this only for himself! I think his silence after his one statement on FB proves that he's not putting himself above the team about it. He has ample opportunity to say more! He's not, because he did what he needed to do & will say & DO more when the time is right. Timmy could drag this out for the rest of the season if he wanted. He's not, because he feels he made A POINT, not necessarily THE POINT!

The reason the Bruins won't trade, or ask him to waive his NTC this season? They knew months in advance as to what Tim's plan was. They could've traded him before any of this happened. Why didn't they? They didn't because they KNOW they have the best goalie on the planet on their team & they know they have an even BETTER team this year than last. They know that you can't rely on "well he's playing great & think he can win it for us" on a young looking stud! In a span of 6 seasons they had 2 goalies that did something that no other Bruins goalie did. Let a team come back from 3-1 in 04' & let a team come back from 3-0 in '10 & the latter still hasn't proven he can recover from that. What they do know? They have a goalie that WILL NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! That when he's been down & out & looks beaten! He comes back with a vengeance! The goal for any hockey team is to win! When you don't have the parts to win. You either rebuild, or tweak! When you still have the MAIN ingredient to win. You don't change that until that ingredient has proven that it needs to be replaced!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Well if anyone thought I'd stay silent in this discussion doesn't know me very well! Kell, Shupe & Red you know this is my boy! BTW- Kel I loved your post man! As a fellow goalie I heard every tap of your keyboard brother! Danny & I certainly had a good banter back & forth on this in the other forum & I'm not going to change his mind anymore than he will mine. I need to say this one thing & then I will say why the B's WON'T trade TT this season! Before I do that though. I want to say something to Zam. I am one of Timmy's biggest supporters & if that reporter who made that comment about Thomas' daughters doesn't have proof about TT being a "racist" I'd be doing what Grimson, Nilan & Thompson did to Cherry! IF what the reporter said is "TRUE!" I'd be done as a Timmy supporter! Now, here's what I truly believe in my heart of hearts is what's going on & what happened & what Kel said will help support that. I think Thomas is in a "solidarity frame of mind" I don't think he gets himself close to anyone, because I think he's been burned too many times! I think that Timmy "acts" like he's only thinking of himself, but it's because of how he's been perceived in the past is what makes the guy mis-understood. I think that if this was any other goalie he should've been at the WH on Mon. I think that TT probably even tried to explain to some teammates as to what he was doing, but they didn't understand, or refused to see. Tim then said "screwit! I'll do it on my own like I always have!" This isn't about TT being against the US. It's about him putting himself in someone else's shoes who don't have it in them to beat the odds the way he did! This is about Tim NOT changing his views because he became a millionaire, but realizing that YES my family & I are living a great life, because I was able to persevere, but there's still thousands that haven't & NEVER WILL! I think TIM has another goal to be something besides a great goalie. And I think he took this opportunity to show that there's more to him then just being a great goalie! Whether this was the right time, or not is arguable, BUT when is there a better opportunity to take a stand on something? When you're at the top of the world, or when your sliding off it? Are we not told to make the best of your opportunities, because they may only come around once! Well, maybe Timmy felt that it was a NOW or NEVER for him. I think TT didn't do this only for himself! I think his silence after his one statement on FB proves that he's not putting himself above the team about it. He has ample opportunity to say more! He's not, because he did what he needed to do & will say & DO more when the time is right. Timmy could drag this out for the rest of the season if he wanted. He's not, because he feels he made A POINT, not necessarily THE POINT! The reason the Bruins won't trade, or ask him to waive his NTC this season? They knew months in advance as to what Tim's plan was. They could've traded him before any of this happened. Why didn't they? They didn't because they KNOW they have the best goalie on the planet on their team & they know they have an even BETTER team this year than last. They know that you can't rely on "well he's playing great & think he can win it for us" on a young looking stud! In a span of 6 seasons they had 2 goalies that did something that no other Bruins goalie did. Let a team come back from 3-1 in 04' & let a team come back from 3-0 in '10 & the latter still hasn't proven he can recover from that. What they do know? They have a goalie that WILL NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! That when he's been down & out & looks beaten! He comes back with a vengeance! The goal for any hockey team is to win! When you don't have the parts to win. You either rebuild, or tweak! When you still have the MAIN ingredient to win. You don't change that until that ingredient has proven that it needs to be replaced!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

A very nice conclusion on what Kelv said.  Goalies are a different group.  Its funny, I always sat in front of our starting goalies on the bus.  4th row back on the left.  Goalies prepare differently then anything I have ever seen.   And there are no two goalies the same. 

TT to me seems like a free spirit that kinda beats to his own drum.  He has a heart of a Lion and there is no way I wanna see him dealt.  He looks like he loves what he does, always has a smile.  How many goalies would take the sitting as much as TT does as well as TT does.  That speaks of solid character. 

Gotta love the media chasing ambulances on this one.  When the puck drops come playoff time TT will be our brick wall....I can't wait.

This story will be yesterdays news once the all star game hits. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Lost in all this TT no show is that the Bruins could fine or suspend him, and have every right to do so, for missing a team function.

As far as we know - they did not.

However, what will happen when another player misses a future team function, for whatever reason?

Will he be fined or suspended? Is everyone getting equal treatment? Or can they use politics for a convenient excuse to brush it under the carpet?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Very interesting and well articulated points made by Kelvana from a goalies perspective.  I've kind of always felt the same way about Thomas, but you did an excellent job putting it into words.

The trade talk is pretty ridiculous though.  Media hacks like Dupont are making a much bigger deal of this than it is.  Funny there was actually a thread on here Sunday about what a hack Dupont was before any of this even broke.  In KPD's words Timmy "left the team high and dry", yet in the same article it's then acknowledged that the team knew about this 3 months in advance.  Great team sources you have there Kev, ey?  Shouldn't you're cussing "bleeping selfish bleep" "Team Source" have broke this story to you around Halloween?  Thanksgiving.....Christmas.......last week............maybe the day of the event?  Yea, that bitter tool is really in the loop.  The team source was probably the drunken panhandler on Causeway street.  His language is a dead giveaway.

That said, in the time between when Thomas told the team of his intentions, and the actual event, not once did he mention a single thing to the media or cause a distraction.  He showed up to work every day, and did his job at a very high level.  Unlike a certain S(c)hill who played for one of the local teams recently.  He took every media opportunity possible to stand on his soap box.

If this was a big issue, the team had a window to trade him before anyone knew about it.  They rightfully chose not to, and sure won't now that he has all this controversy surrounding him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Nite, Klev, Shupe all spot on and articulate beyond imagination.

I did not grow up playing hockey but my love for this team is beyond words.

I am an athlete and played team sports highly competitively my whole life. All players prepare and set themselves apart and a part of the team differently. 

Tim Thomas is not a non team player or disruptive. Cam Neely is one of the most out spoken people I know if he truly had issue with this he would have said it. CJ and PC are more politically correct so you may not know but they know enough to get ahead of this if they knew and advance and they had any inclination to punish or even consider trade. They are smart coaches and businessmen trust me.

Finally to the trade. I have put up a lot of jokes in the hopes this whole craziness would be dispelled but he has not. I have not offered my opinions, support or non support for a reason. Simply because this is a hockey post and the people in the Bruins organization like myself are focused on Hockey. Curt Schilling for the Red Sox was an out spoken politically polarizing figure and he went no where. Why becuase they are elite athletes beloved in Boston and they make this team one of the greatest Bruins and Red Sox teams of all time. 

To talk about trade or rumor it is blasphame and there should not even be any one discussing such over reaction knee jerk absurd assumptions. The Globe is out of line here and caused a sensation that should never have been started. Say your peice that you disagree with his views and move on. Do not attack the man. No one liked all the time Ted Williams but he is revered in Boston. Someday TT will be as well and everyone in the Bruin's organization knows it. He will be here backing up Rask when he takes over the reins. He will one day be part of management and coaching. He will not be traded away like Orr or Espo. He is here to stay any other discussion about is pure conjecture by pundits with alterior motives and differing political views. I tell my kids don't get angry use your words. Well the two and three year old sports writers of Boston have lost their words to articulate a differing point of view because a Goalie form Michigan Stumped at their own game. So now they stomp their feet and act like cry babies. Lets be smart like all our displeasures in life we have the power to stop it. Do not allow them to sensationalize. How stop talking about it. Move on. Be proud of our team with TT. Just like the stupid all star game nothing changes unless voices are heard. How can you be heard the loudest. Dont say anything and dont watch or dont read the crazy articles and most importantly don' t sensationalize the situation. Trust me I respect you all and too old to make enemies so this is not anger it is hopefully sage advice. TT is our goalie end of story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Well if anyone thought I'd stay silent in this discussion doesn't know me very well! Kell, Shupe & Red you know this is my boy! BTW- Kel I loved your post man! As a fellow goalie I heard every tap of your keyboard brother! Danny & I certainly had a good banter back & forth on this in the other forum & I'm not going to change his mind anymore than he will mine. I need to say this one thing & then I will say why the B's WON'T trade TT this season! Before I do that though. I want to say something to Zam. I am one of Timmy's biggest supporters & if that reporter who made that comment about Thomas' daughters doesn't have proof about TT being a "racist" I'd be doing what Grimson, Nilan & Thompson did to Cherry! IF what the reporter said is "TRUE!" I'd be done as a Timmy supporter! Now, here's what I truly believe in my heart of hearts is what's going on & what happened & what Kel said will help support that. I think Thomas is in a "solidarity frame of mind" I don't think he gets himself close to anyone, because I think he's been burned too many times! I think that Timmy "acts" like he's only thinking of himself, but it's because of how he's been perceived in the past is what makes the guy mis-understood. I think that if this was any other goalie he should've been at the WH on Mon. I think that TT probably even tried to explain to some teammates as to what he was doing, but they didn't understand, or refused to see. Tim then said "screwit! I'll do it on my own like I always have!" This isn't about TT being against the US. It's about him putting himself in someone else's shoes who don't have it in them to beat the odds the way he did! This is about Tim NOT changing his views because he became a millionaire, but realizing that YES my family & I are living a great life, because I was able to persevere, but there's still thousands that haven't & NEVER WILL! I think TIM has another goal to be something besides a great goalie. And I think he took this opportunity to show that there's more to him then just being a great goalie! Whether this was the right time, or not is arguable, BUT when is there a better opportunity to take a stand on something? When you're at the top of the world, or when your sliding off it? Are we not told to make the best of your opportunities, because they may only come around once! Well, maybe Timmy felt that it was a NOW or NEVER for him. I think TT didn't do this only for himself! I think his silence after his one statement on FB proves that he's not putting himself above the team about it. He has ample opportunity to say more! He's not, because he did what he needed to do & will say & DO more when the time is right. Timmy could drag this out for the rest of the season if he wanted. He's not, because he feels he made A POINT, not necessarily THE POINT! The reason the Bruins won't trade, or ask him to waive his NTC this season? They knew months in advance as to what Tim's plan was. They could've traded him before any of this happened. Why didn't they? They didn't because they KNOW they have the best goalie on the planet on their team & they know they have an even BETTER team this year than last. They know that you can't rely on "well he's playing great & think he can win it for us" on a young looking stud! In a span of 6 seasons they had 2 goalies that did something that no other Bruins goalie did. Let a team come back from 3-1 in 04' & let a team come back from 3-0 in '10 & the latter still hasn't proven he can recover from that. What they do know? They have a goalie that WILL NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! That when he's been down & out & looks beaten! He comes back with a vengeance! The goal for any hockey team is to win! When you don't have the parts to win. You either rebuild, or tweak! When you still have the MAIN ingredient to win. You don't change that until that ingredient has proven that it needs to be replaced!

nitemare, it was a good back and forth. It's good to have things like that from time to time. Keeps a forum from getting boring, but that's just my feeling on it. I think the B's are such a team that only recently have they caused some doubts for fans. But it's no longer rip Claude, or rip Peter, or rip Zdeno, or rip Rask. The B's have shut many a person up by winning last year's Cup and leading the East in points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Im sad to say it, but if a team out there comes with an offer the B's cant refuse. TT is out of town. I really like TT, BUT at the same time soon or later this team needs to make salary cap room to sign Rask. I totally see TT getting traded this deadline or at seasons end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Its funny even Timmy admits he's a "nut".  He said so when asked if he'd want to be on 24/7.  He admits it and this team even knew it back in 2006?  If he was so bad why did they extend him in 2009 for 4 years on an average of 5mil with a partial NTC? 

Oh right, because he's good at his job.  Kel your post defines goalies 100% accurately.  We are "different" "nutty" "out there" whatever you want to call us.  I choose to get things shot at me very hard and fast for FUN.  That CAN'T be normal.  The best part, all goalies will admit it!

My sister brought up a great point last night:  This media has painted Thomas, Ellsbury and Rondo all as being "lone wolves" within the past year.  Funny though, they all play their hearts out and are amongst the most valuable to their teams. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Im sad to say it, but if a team out there comes with an offer the B's cant refuse. TT is out of town. I really like TT, BUT at the same time soon or later this team needs to make salary cap room to sign Rask. I totally see TT getting traded this deadline or at seasons end.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]
    Like who? Rick Nash? Who never played a game in the play-offs in his career!

1) To destroy your 1st point. TT has a NTC! And unless he's going to another contender, he's not going anywhere & even that may not do it!

2) When you have a goaltender who's at the top of his game & at 38? What can any team offer that the B's can't say no to before the deadline?

3) What if TT stays past the deadline & they win another cup & he plays lights out again & walks away with another Conn Smythe? You think they'd get rid of him then? The ONLY player who I can see that the Bruins may give up a goalie who's STILL at the top in his position & him at 38? That would be Marty St. Louis! I would'nt give up TT for Lecalvier either. What's he done lately? Marty plays hockey the way it's meant to be played! He's still a 90pt player & he's only making .6 more than what TT is making with the cap hit only being .25 more. He's got no intentions of retiring yet. Tampa needs a GOALIE in the worst way. .
    Yes there's lots of Bobby Ryan, Getzlaf talk again, but will the Ducks take a 38 yr old for a player not even in their prime yet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Like everything this is todays news.  As soon as it passes it will be old news.  Funny thing would be for Habs fans to cheer him now.  In the history of hockey I dont think I have seen a better display of goaltending in a playoff run.  TT is a legend. I would have loved to go to the WH with a team who went to war for two months to lift the biggest trophy ever.  I am with you.  I hope TT stays. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I've never seen a goalie have a season that he did & then replicate, or be even better in the play-offs Shupe! Hasek, Brodeur, Roy & these 3 played during the a lot of their careers in the "trap" yrs never put together a reg season & a play-off in the same year; the way Timmy did!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Do Not Trade Tim Thomas : I've never seen a goalie have a season that he did & then replicate, or be even better in the play-offs Shupe! Hasek, Brodeur, Roy & these 3 played during the a lot of their careers in the "trap" yrs never put together a reg season & a play-off in the same year; the way Timmy did!

Roys last cup in montreal was close but they had an easy run and the Islanders knocked out Pitt and Mario and LA knocked out the Leafs.  TT performance in the SC finals is one of the best performances I have ever seen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Hey if " Jesse the body Ventura" became US Senate for Michigan. Then maybe Thomas after retiring can run for US senate for state of Michigan. He already has head start in votes for Michigan people.

TIMMY TIMMY TIMMY I can see the signs now. Timmy Thomas kind of has a politician name to it. Don't you think?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ventura was never a Senator and he has never held office in Michigan
    He was the Governor of Minnesota. I really shouldn't know more about this crap than you folks do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Thanx for the correction" red" i am also ignorant with politics, at least you understand it more than this Canadian folk. LOL

If the bruins trade Thomas it will be during the off season after all this is over.
    Rask is almost one step closer to be that playoff goalie, next year he will be the number one netminder. He will need to work on his immature anger issues.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Thanx for the correction" red" i am also ignorant with politics, at least you understand it more than this Canadian folk. LOL If the bruins trade Thomas it will be during the off season after all this is over. Rask is almost one step closer to be that playoff goalie, next year he will be the number one netminder. He will need to work on his immature anger issues.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

Sorry orr, I thought you were American - I'm Canadian as well.