Please let this series go longer than 5 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Please let this series go longer than 5 games

My wife is coming back from visiting her parents and I have to pick her up - her flight comes in at 7 pm pacific time on Saturday, or right at the start of the 3rd period of game 5.

Crap on a stick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Please let this series go longer than 5 games

Taxi, bus, train, other friends, dinner at the airport for her, faked flat tire, faked engine failure, faked abduction, new wife...etc...

All preferable to rooting for a Blackhawks victory in a Stanley Cup game.

I'll be in Steamboat for the weekend and will have to scramble to find a good place to watch, but still, you gotta be rooting for the B's in 5.

Right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

yes, but.... grrrrrrrr

I like your new wife option.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Taxi, bus, train, other friends, dinner at the airport for her, faked flat tire, faked engine failure, faked abduction, new wife...etc...

All preferable to rooting for a Blackhawks victory in a Stanley Cup game.

I'll be in Steamboat for the weekend and will have to scramble to find a good place to watch, but still, you gotta be rooting for the B's in 5.

Right?

Fletch, my bro is putting on an outdoor festival this weekend. 40 acts with Melvin Seals and the Jerry Garcia Band closing both nights. I'm going to find a way to watch the game somehow but am going to be having a great time regardless. This should be the weekend of the year for me. Go Bruins!  2 more wins!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to red75's comment:

yes, but.... grrrrrrrr

That's pretty serious if her only fault is arrival time.  Don't leave your laptop open to this thread!

Bruins in 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

yes, but.... grrrrrrrr

You knew you wouldn't get any simpathy from us...Radio or DVR.

Oh and you should go straight back to that pub to watch the end!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Get a hotel room at the airport if the B's win tonight. 

Problem solved.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Only a Hawk fan should be wishing that this series needs more than 5 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My wife is coming back from visiting her parents and I have to pick her up - her flight comes in at 7 pm pacific time on Saturday, or right at the start of the 3rd period of game 5.

Crap on a stick.

It's win win situation because you might get saved from another beer dumped on your head.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Crap on a stick.

It's win win situation because you might get saved from another beer dumped on your head.

Fair enough

But I've come up with a solution methinks. If they win tonight, I'll book a limo to pick her up. It's a bribe and transportation all in one. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't condone driving to the airport drunk in the first place so your hands are pretty much tied.

By the third period Saturday you should be pretty sauced, and have at least one beer dumped on you...you shouldn't be driving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

No Bruin's in five getter done!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't condone driving to the airport drunk in the first place so your hands are pretty much tied.

By the third period Saturday you should be pretty sauced, and have at least one beer dumped on you...you shouldn't be driving.

No, my quota is only one a Cup run.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No, my quota is only one a Cup run.

I don't know, it sounds like good luck to me.  I'm rooting for one every game ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

here's what i would do. buy her something nice to welcome her home. have her meet you at an airport bar. watch the game there. drink heavily. she drives the two of you home. that or the limo thing. or the fake abduction thing. whatever works. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Crap on a stick.

Thats the way the B's handled the puck tonight, but hey, you got your wish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Crap on a stick.

So...  I've been divorced and remarried and so haven't a lot of people, and dating can be fun.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Happy now Red ?

This is all your fault!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Sling Box - all you need is an internet signal....

Sections
Shortcuts