Please: Let's Stop with the "Sit Thornton" BS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Please: Let's Stop with the "Sit Thornton" BS

He's a key guy on this team and on the 4th line.  Notice how sometimes the team, or a line, or a few lines, take a night off, or a period off?  The fourth line has picked these guys up more than just once or twice.  The forth line is sneaky, too, with a bonafide sniper, a center who's smart and tough, and a guy who always comes to play, and play hard.  Thornton may not be the prettiest skater, but he has a way of getting the right place at the right time.

I'd guess we were all happy to have him out there at the end of Monday's game. 

The fighting is just one part of what he does.  He's got a lot more value than just goon-matching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Please: Let's Stop with the

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

He's a key guy on this team and on the 4th line.  Notice how sometimes the team, or a line, or a few lines, take a night off, or a period off?  The fourth line has picked these guys up more than just once or twice.  The forth line is sneaky, too, with a bonafide sniper, a center who's smart and tough, and a guy who always comes to play, and play hard.  Thornton may not be the prettiest skater, but he has a way of getting the right place at the right time.

The fighting is just one part of what he does.  He's got a lot more value than just goon-matching.

Your goint to make some one angry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I think most people's problem with Thornton is his minutes of game play (ditto the whole 4th line) ... as in too much when the Bruins are behind in a game and need scoring lines on the ice instead. But that's not Thornton, that's Julien.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Why would I be glad he fought Brown with under a second left in a loss? Why didn't he challenge Orr after he took numerous runs at our stars? He usually doesn't fight for the right reasons. He takes too long on his shifts and then glides back to the bench. His checks usually take him out of position and very rarely are they bonecrushing enough to make them worth it. He's OK at his role but there are many guys I'd prefer over him. He's playing like he's afraid of Orr when they're on the ice together.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

ST too nice of a guy?

Oh yeah go isles go sens go B's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Why didn't he challenge Orr after he took numerous runs at our stars? He usually doesn't fight for the right reasons. He takes too long on his shifts and then glides back to the bench. His checks usually take him out of position and very rarely are they bonecrushing enough to make them worth it. He's OK at his role but there are many guys I'd prefer over him.

i agree with everything here.

Also on the subject of hitting, ive never seen anyone else miss hits and just hit the boards as much as ST does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

bonafide sniper? really? paille and his career 70 goals in 427 games. that is a bonafide sniper to you? I like the player too but bonafide sniper is so far out of line it's absurd

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fire Julien.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

bonafide sniper? really? paille and his career 70 goals in 427 games. that is a bonafide sniper to you? I like the player too but bonafide sniper is so far out of line it's absurd

If you see Paille and the first thoughts that come into your head aren't bona-fide sniper, then I'd say your the absurd one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

I agree, don't sit thornton, go all the way and trade him.   Most of the time on the ice, he's a sideshow distraction, as he's just looking for the first excuse to drop the gloves.  Remember, he dropped the gloves when it was clearly against a  player that had delivered a "clean, legal check" more than once during the season. ANd, he has been given a pass many times as he could have been called for "third man in" on several occasions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

I agree, don't sit thornton, go all the way and trade him.   Most of the time on the ice, he's a sideshow distraction, as he's just looking for the first excuse to drop the gloves.  Remember, he dropped the gloves when it was clearly against a  player that had delivered a "clean, legal check" more than once during the season. ANd, he has been given a pass many times as he could have been called for "third man in" on several occasions.

By no means an I a Thornton supporter, but what games are you watching?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

If you see Paille and the first thoughts that come into your head aren't bona-fide sniper, then I'd say your the absurd one.

I thought the bonafied sniper he was talking about was ST....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think Thorton is, and has shown, to be an effective 4th line player.  He deserves to stay in there IMHO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, THG.  ST can dangle!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

They play hard and can amp up the intensity that is lacking on occasion, end of story. Not looking for anything else from the 4th line.

Bona fide Sniper ? Seguin is the only thing close to that on this whole roster, and I wouldn't even call him "bona fide" - nice word though

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Thornton is a decent enough 12th forward. I support him playing, as I don't think they have players that would fit the role better in their system right now. Maybe Daugavins (without the fighting).

Paille is a decent finisher, but in no way, shape, or form is he a sniper.

The difference? Lucic and Michael Ryder have about the same goal totals over the last 3 years or so. Lucic is a finisher. Michael Ryder is a sniper. Get it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yeah, THG.  ST can dangle!

Too bad he can't raise the puck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If Thornton didn't stay on the ice after his linemates went for a change, I'd like him more.