Please no more Yogi Berra quotes...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Please no more Yogi Berra quotes...

We are playing the Rangers, now isnt the time for Yogi Berra (a Yankee great) quotes.

Supporting the Yankees by quoting Yogi Berra is supporting the Rangers.

Much like how supporting GSP is supporting the Habs. 

Also: (while I'm at it): No Molson's/LaBatts when we are playing a Canadian team.  (They are allowed when we playing the Rangers).  Samuel Adams is preferred; however, if its not to your tastes, please refrain from any Canadian beer (when we are playing a Canadian team).

In 2009, I was at a house party in Providence , when an ole chant broke out.  I slapped the beer out of every single one of their hands, then walked home.  Still catch grief over that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Please no more Yogi Berra quotes...

You're an odd one, Drew.  I like reading your posts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You're an odd one, Drew.  I like reading your posts.

I want to get a bear costume, wear it to a Providence sports bar during a bruins/canadians game, and slap canadian beers out of the hands of everyone drinking them w/ bruins gear on.  Of course, Im going to have a Sam Adams behind my back, that I will immediately give to them, to minimize the chances that I get punched in the face.

Maybe Ill film it and put it on youtube.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I want to get a bear costume, wear it to a Providence sports bar during a bruins/canadians game, and slap canadian beers out of the hands of everyone drinking them w/ bruins gear on.  Of course, Im going to have a Sam Adams behind my back, that I will immediately give to them, to minimize the chances that I get punched in the face.

I love my beer and wasted beer is wasted beer no matter what.  I would have an issue whetherit was replaced or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I love my beer and wasted beer is wasted beer no matter what.  I would have an issue whetherit was replaced or not.

As I said, minimize the chances I get punched in the face.  Im aware of the risks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hey Boo Boo, let's get us some picnic baskets.

Wait... wrong Yogi.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ohhhhm, Ohhhhhhm

That's better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Ohhhhm, Ohhhhhhm

That's better.

I was specifically referring to, "It aint over till its over"...Comment is banned from use when playing the Rangers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours" is OK?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

So "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours" is OK?

I would appreciate it if you would limit the Yogisms during the Rangers series.  I understand that there are some absolute gems ("Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded"), so if you must, you must....

I started the thread because Bergeron said, "it isnt over till it is."  Which is a bastardized Yogi quote...And something about using a Yogism when playing the Rangers struck me as off....

Of course, I've already forgiven Bergeron

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well all I know is that if you get hurt and miss work, then it won't hurt to miss work.....and they give you cash, which is as good as money...................Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Amazingly, I actually follow some of these crazy superstitions.  I try to drink New England beers when watching the games -- Sam, Harpoon, etc. (what happened to Tremont?).  I'll mix in a car bomb here and there for good luck.  Guinness, Bailey's, Jameson -- close enough because it's Irish.

I know, silly, but I can see where drewski's coming from on some level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Amazingly, I actually follow some of these crazy superstitions.  I try to drink New England beers when watching the games -- Sam, Harpoon, etc. (what happened to Tremont?).  I'll mix in a car bomb here and there for good luck.  Guinness, Bailey's, Jameson -- close enough because it's Irish.

Thank you , Fletch.  You are the man.

Just to clarify: its not really superstition.  I dont actually believe that not allowing Canadian beer in my house when we are playing a Canadian team is going to have an impact on the game.  Its more misplaced patriotism.

Boston is the best city in the world. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

heh, I just checked out the game-day article on TSN, and the first comment I saw was a Bruins fan using that quote Drew is worried about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Just to clarify: its not really superstition.  I dont actually believe that not allowing Canadian beer in my house when we are playing a Canadian team is going to have an impact on the game.  Its more misplaced patriotism.

Is there a word for patriotism when its to a specific region and not to the US as a whole.  Im patriotic as well, dont get me wrong (USA is the best country in the world)...But does teh term patriotism still apply if the pride is to a specific region of the country?  Nationalism?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

heh, I just checked out the game-day article on TSN, and the first comment I saw was a Bruins fan using that quote Drew is worried about.

Ugh, now I have to make an account on TSN. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I suppose you're right.  But Guinness, Sam, and carbombs got me through game 7 against Vancouver.  

I'll stick with the formula, whether it be Boston pride, a good luck charm to the hockey Gods, or the meaningless delusions of a fool.

You'll notice that my "good luck charms" are things I like doing anyhow.  If cleaning my chimney somehow coincided with Bruin victories, I'd still be parking my a** on the coach tonight for my drinking routine instead...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I suppose you're right.  But Guinness, Sam, and carbombs got me through game 7 against Vancouver.  

I'll stick with the formula, whether it be Boston pride, a good luck charm to the hockey Gods, or the meaningless delusions of a fool.

You'll notice that my "good luck charms" are things I like doing anyhow.  If cleaning my chimney somehow coincided with Bruin victories, I'd still be parking my a** on the coach tonight for my drinking routine instead...

You're making me feel disloyal to the Bruins - Granville Island Pale and Kokanee (both BC beers) got me through that Cup run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"It gets late early out there."

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

But my favorite right before game 7 of the 2004 ALCS was...

"Of course we are going to beat the Sox, we always do"

That one is never talked about as much by the NY writers for some reason Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

You're making me feel disloyal to the Bruins - Granville Island Pale and Kokanee (both BC beers) got me through that Cup run.

Well Red, that was the point of this thread.

Sam Adams is preferred, but if not to your tastes, anything non-Canadian is acceptable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

^when we are playing a canadian team

feel free to enjoy those BC beers tonight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well we beat a BC team when I was drinking BC beer, so my superstition says not to mess with what works.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

When you see a fork in the road, take it. Go Bruins, let's win the next one. But my all time favorite Yogi quote is about a restaurant he used to go to.....Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I always have a couple of Sam Adams Lagers when I'm home watching (or lately, just listening to) the game.  I also have a weird thing about not wanting to wear the opposing team's colors on game day that includes underwear.  Not sure how that will play out in the next round. 

Sections
Shortcuts