Points in 8 of our last 9

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Points in 8 of our last 9

In Response to Points in 8 of our last 9:
    [QUOTE]...
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    "So what!They still won't win anything" said the angry,bitter Bruins fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Theres a double side to that that never gets looked at anymore (i hate hearing 5 out or 6 points) when we dont talk about giving up 4 out of 6 points etc..

took 12 of 18 points in the last 9, thats great.. gave up 9.. only translates to gaining a game and a half over a 9 game stretch..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Points in 8 of our last 9:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Points in 8 of our last 9 : "So what!They still won't win anything" said the angry,bitter Bruins fan.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ha.

Makes me furious that they haven't won a Cup yet this season.  What's that?  The playoffs haven't started??  Excuses.  Keep waving those poms poms you sheep.

We should be 41-0-0.  I have higher standards than most fans and it makes me feel more important than you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Theres a double side to that that never gets looked at anymore (i hate hearing 5 out or 6 points) when we dont talk about giving up 4 out of 6 points etc.. took 12 of 18 points in the last 9, thats great.. gave up 9.. only translates to gaining a game and a half over a 9 game stretch..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Would you prefer having lost ground instead?Average 12 out of 18 over a full year and I'd take those numbers anytime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch,
    did you catch thomas's remarks on the loss to montreal? have any take on them?

I think it was mis  construed on the radio here..

Paraphrased was "this is game 40, people are putting to much pressure on us, every game is big, every game is a play off game.. how about we play some regular season games first"..

The response to that was this team cant handle the pressure of the regular season were in trouble come the play offs..

my interpetation of it was more "get a grip, this is game 40, these games arent alutas important as the media/fans are making them out to be"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, did you catch thomas's remarks on the loss to montreal? have any take on them? I think it was mis  construed on the radio here.. Paraphrased was "this is game 40, people are putting to much pressure on us, every game is big, every game is a play off game.. how about we play some regular season games first".. The response to that was this team cant handle the pressure of the regular season were in trouble come the play offs.. my interpetation of it was more "get a grip, this is game 40, these games arent alutas important as the media/fans are making them out to be"
    I didn't read the quotes but agree with your take on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, did you catch thomas's remarks on the loss to montreal? have any take on them? I think it was mis  construed on the radio here.. Paraphrased was "this is game 40, people are putting to much pressure on us, every game is big, every game is a play off game.. how about we play some regular season games first".. The response to that was this team cant handle the pressure of the regular season were in trouble come the play offs.. my interpetation of it was more "get a grip, this is game 40, these games arent alutas important as the media/fans are making them out to be"

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there roler.  Listen, I was as ticked as anyone after Montreal.  That game was disgusting.  And Thomas' comments are kind of ambiguous.  I guess my disgust from the game is softened by the flip side that we've gotten points in 8 out of 9.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yes in the New NHL many teams can claim points when three can be given in overtime.  The story is the Bs have had 10 points out of a potential of 20 with 3 points from OT play.  Not exactly stellar play.  In 20 more games with Savard healthy (positive thinking) the Bs will be able to get into shape for the playoff run. More consistent play is a must, and winning 6 or 7 out of ten will be more like a Stanley Cup contender.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

This is such a losers mentality....points in 8 or our last 9 games. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This is such a losers mentality....points in 8 or our last 9 games. 
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]                                                                           Coming on a forum to post worthless drivel  that interests no one but yourself is a losers mentality.Having no friends must make it hard to understand how regular people interact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

its not all about points...its how you get them or how you lose them......give me a team that entertains and i can live with a few lost points because we dont play the SOCCER one nil games   in other words let the damm guys play the system that suits them....eh...like the third period last night .claude...let them go on offense   then you can play more conservative if you build up a lead...but dont play total defence when the score is nil..nil

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    I would agree with taking 12 out of 18 all season would be great.. if we played at that level the rest of the season we'd finish with 106 points (not a huge improvement to the first half (55 pts vs 51 points)..

But 13 points of the last 20 puts us 6th in the division for our last 10 games.. not much of an improvement there, being my point.. I'd rather take the points, in regulation, taking 2 pts in OT or a shoot out does't gain you nearly as much ground as taking it in regulation.. Montreal is a great example, even if we held on to win that game in OT we had a 2 goal lead with 5 minutes to play, would have prefered to come away from that with 2 points to the bruins, none to montreal..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott1773. Show Scott1773's posts

I'll take the points every day of the week, regardless of how they're achieved. You know, I was pretty pissed after the Montreal game too. I was fully expecting to be even MORE pissed after hearing just a snippet of Thomas' comments after the game. The more I thought about it though, the more his comments made sense. The regular season is a grind, for sure and what does it really get you?
    2008-2009 116 pts lost in the semis
    2009-2010 91 points lost in the semis
    As Bill Parcells used to say, "Just get to the dance." Anything can happen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I would agree with taking 12 out of 18 all season would be great.. if we played at that level the rest of the season we'd finish with 106 points (not a huge improvement to the first half (55 pts vs 51 points).. But 13 points of the last 20 puts us 6th in the division for our last 10 games.. not much of an improvement there, being my point.. I'd rather take the points, in regulation, taking 2 pts in OT or a shoot out does't gain you nearly as much ground as taking it in regulation.. Montreal is a great example, even if we held on to win that game in OT we had a 2 goal lead with 5 minutes to play, would have prefered to come away from that with 2 points to the bruins, none to montreal..
    Maybe if TT didn't play hot potato with the puck on the 1st goal........